Foreigner Shot Dead In Saraburi

coma

Just a guess here but I think the cops gave her (in their view) a workable option--immunity for testifying and they (the cops) get a slice of the proceeds. Of course that's if everything (the payouts) go to her without any problems along the way.

That is what my wife suggested as well. She said it had to be a money thing.

• Replies 656
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

anyone want to argue about thailands 3rd world status when you this this type of bullshit going on ?

strange thing is I would not expect i from any Asian country except Thailand - china, N.Koria, Burma - they all have the common decency to understand this is wrong....fundamentaly wrong

What needs to happen in this case is for someone close to the matter to raise it above the baffoon that is in charge right now - I wouldn't be surprised if he is the mothers weekend tilac or out right partner, something stinks about this whole thing and the family need to get more senior people involved, raise it with the anti corruption crowd, the chief of police, the DSI or whatever - it cannot be left like it is now, nobody gets to go free after being complicit in a murder, they might get a reduced sentence but not walk away scot free, Thailand is on stage right now with this....media coverage is key - as high a profile as possible - it has to be a high profile case ?

The lines between right and wrong in Thailand are so blurred you don't know what to do. Of course she shouldn't get the kid, and with a bit if help, if oswalds relatives get hold of a decent lawyer, i an sure the childs court will see that too.

What is amazing is that there never appears to be a judicial review for sentencing in Thailand. The judgments really appear arbitrary and from a long give era.

anyone want to argue about thailands 3rd world status when you this this type of bullshit going on ?

strange thing is I would not expect i from any Asian country except Thailand - china, N.Koria, Burma - they all have the common decency to understand this is wrong....fundamentaly wrong

What needs to happen in this case is for someone close to the matter to raise it above the baffoon that is in charge right now - I wouldn't be surprised if he is the mothers weekend tilac or out right partner, something stinks about this whole thing and the family need to get more senior people involved, raise it with the anti corruption crowd, the chief of police, the DSI or whatever - it cannot be left like it is now, nobody gets to go free after being complicit in a murder, they might get a reduced sentence but not walk away scot free, Thailand is on stage right now with this....media coverage is key - as high a profile as possible - it has to be a high profile case ?

Raising it at ministerial level would be the way to go. They are the only ones who could see past their own noses that this case could be very detrimental to Thailands already very tarnished reputation towards foreigners living and travelling here. It was Yingluck herself who was on top of the case of the 2 Australians that were attacked , 1 killed, in Phuket a few months back and the BIB and the courts swung into action very quickly in that cases. Merely a month from carrying out the crime to being caught and sentence to life.

From yesterdays press conference.

http://www.dailynews...th/crime/159375

Hi exona

I need to translate. In the meantime is there any news on the situation with the little one 'Pun'? Does the MIL, one of the killers, really have custody? If so are Oswald's family going to take it straight to the top? The situation if the press are to be believed is utterly appalling.

Just a guess here but I think the cops gave her (in their view) a workable option--immunity for testifying and they (the cops) get a slice of the proceeds. Of course that's if everything (the payouts) go to her without any problems along the way.

Yep my wife says the same thing, the grandmother will get lots of the farangs money from his will to the child. She says that she will give the BIB some and she will get the rest and the child nothing when he is older for his education. Sold out her own children all for money.

• Like 1

Hi exona

I need to translate. In the meantime is there any news on the situation with the little one 'Pun'? Does the MIL, one of the killers, really have custody? If so are Oswald's family going to take it straight to the top? The situation if the press are to be believed is utterly appalling.

There is a part in the article that states that Oswalds family will be going to court to apply for custody of the little one. They are currently looking at the best way to go forward with that.

Yep my wife says the same thing, the grandmother will get lots of the farangs money from his will to the child. She says that she will give the BIB some and she will get the rest and the child nothing when he is older for his education. Sold out her own children all for money.

Total treacherous ho she is. Out of the 3 she is the more evil IMO. I would have no problems in sending her to straight to death row. She makes my blood boil as do those that have afforded her the position she is currently in. bah.gif

Hi exona

There is a part in the article that states that Oswalds family will be going to court to apply for custody of the little one. They are currently looking at the best way to go forward with that.

I wonder if the little one has a SA passport? It is clearly a set of circumstances that make the situation of Oswald's family even more difficult than one could imagine it could be already.

Total treacherous ho she is. Out of the 3 she is the more evil IMO. I would have no problems in sending her to straight to death row. She makes my blood boil as do those that have afforded her the position she is currently in. bah.gif

she may need to be extra vigilant in the future if in high places, around busy traffic or watercourses.

In the meantime is there any news on the situation with the little one 'Pun'? Does the MIL, one of the killers, really have custody? If so are Oswald's family going to take it straight to the top? The situation if the press are to be believed is utterly appalling.

I wonder if the little one has a SA passport? It is clearly a set of circumstances that make the situation of Oswald's family even more difficult than one could imagine it could be already.

Murdered man's 3 year-old son disappears

The family of a South African man who was allegedly murdered by his estranged wife and her brother have expressed concern over the disappearance of his three-year old son. The Bangkok Post newspaper on Sunday reported that Oswald Heinrich Duvel's younger brother Hercules Duvel had said at a press conference on Saturday afternoon that the whereabouts of Duvel's three-year-old son was unknown even to police.

"Our concern is the well-being of his precious son. We pray that he is well. We offer to care for him and provide for him." He said the safety of the boy was the primary concern for him and his family. The newspaper also quoted him as saying: "We are seeking court advice for a child adoption plan."

Comment could not immediately obtained from the Department of International Relations and Co-operation as to whether Duvel had obtained South African citizenship for his son, who was born in Thailand.

Continued:

http://www.timeslive...-son-disappears

SAPA - ‎37 minutes ago‎

Edited by Buchholz

Family of slain man voice concern over son, 3

The family of a South African man shot dead in Thailand last week voiced concern yesterday over the well-being of his dead brother's young son.

Dr Hercules Duvel, a doctor who lives in Australia, said he feared for the safety of his three-year-old nephew, after the slaying of the boy's father, his brother Oswald, a week ago.

Oswald Duvel's body was found in Saraburi last Sunday. His former wife Kacharin and her half-brother Surasith Panchathepmonkol were charged by police on Friday, and made to re-enact their crime, after confessing that they lured Duvel into a car and shot him several times.

Kacharin and Duvel had been involved in a court fight for custody of their son. With the boy's mother, uncle and grandmother arrested over the slaying of Duvel, police believe the mother's relatives are caring for the boy.

But the victims' family say they have no idea where the boy is, and it looked yesterday that the police weren't sure about the boy's exact whereabouts either.

Dr Duvel spoke at a press conference at the Sheraton Grande Hotel on Saturday to strongly deny allegations by the accused that Oswald had mistreated his wife and son, and not provided them with an income.

"We are very concerned about his son. We are hoping to see him before we return [to Australia and his sisters to South Africa]," he said.

"We would love to take care of his son. But we would take advice from the courts on what would be best for his precious son. We'll have to wait for what the courts say is best."

"He loved his son and would have laid down his life for him... He never raised his voice to him. He would in no way harm the child."

Dr Duvel, 49, praised the Thai police for the swift arrests of his brother's killers.

He described his older brother as his hero, and said that as the eldest child he had always stood up for him and his four sisters.

"I have lost my parents but when I heard about his death, this was a pain I'd never felt before. It was horrible. I wish he could be here today."

Claims he did not support his former wife were untrue, as his brother was paying well over what the court asked him to provide to his former wife, he said, despite regularly being denied access to his boy.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 12 minutes ago

In the meantime is there any news on the situation with the little one 'Pun'? Does the MIL, one of the killers, really have custody? If so are Oswald's family going to take it straight to the top? The situation if the press are to be believed is utterly appalling.

Murdered man's 3 year-old son disappears

The family of a South African man who was allegedly murdered by his estranged wife and her brother have expressed concern over the disappearance of his three-year old son. The Bangkok Post newspaper on Sunday reported that Oswald Heinrich Duvel's younger brother Hercules Duvel had said at a press conference on Saturday afternoon that the whereabouts of Duvel's three-year-old son was unknown even to police.

"Our concern is the well-being of his precious son. We pray that he is well. We offer to care for him and provide for him." He said the safety of the boy was the primary concern for him and his family. The newspaper also quoted him as saying: "We are seeking court advice for a child adoption plan."

Comment could not immediately obtained from the Department of International Relations and Co-operation as to whether Duvel had obtained South African citizenship for his son, who was born in Thailand.

Continued:

http://www.timeslive...-son-disappears

SAPA - ‎37 minutes ago‎

What's so sad about this case, as with most that are similar, is the futures of all involved have been needlessly destroyed through short sighted material greed.

This is a cultural trait and was explained to me by one of my best friends in Thailand, a very successful Thai chap. "They only think of what they can have either today or tomorrow, not even next week. There is no planning for the future". He was referring to the rural poor, those who sit around doing nothing, the same people he came from.

All in all a very unfunny comedy. They give custody to grandma who is meant to be in protective custody, and can't find the kid.

If grandma is in custody of the child, how can the child not be on protective custody with her?

They better find the child asap or the whole country is going to look like a laughing stock. Its bad enough they gave custody to grandma who is implicated in the case, but that that means grandma passes the child off elsewhere shows she isn't capable of providing care. So why give her the child in the first place.

• Like 2

This is nothing less than outrageous. The police don't know where the young one is ? <deleted> !!!!

Well if they don't know where the boy is then they wouldn't know where the grandmother is also as she has custody of the child so they would be together. Says very little for thier protection of the grandmother who is actually watching her and protecting her ?

This is starting to make news in Australia now, and the Thai authorities are starting to look like imbiciles.

Well it is totally imbecilic to give the child to a person implicated in the crime. Then, give her protection and lose her and the child is the stuff of idiocy.

What thinking allows putting a minor in the charge of a person who essentially allowed if not aided and abetted a murder?

• Like 2

Family of slain man voice concern over son, 3

The family of a South African man shot dead in Thailand last week voiced concern yesterday over the well-being of his dead brother's young son.

Dr Hercules Duvel, a doctor who lives in Australia, said he feared for the safety of his three-year-old nephew, after the slaying of the boy's father, his brother Oswald, a week ago.

Oswald Duvel's body was found in Saraburi last Sunday. His former wife Kacharin and her half-brother Surasith Panchathepmonkol were charged by police on Friday, and made to re-enact their crime, after confessing that they lured Duvel into a car and shot him several times.

Kacharin and Duvel had been involved in a court fight for custody of their son. With the boy's mother, uncle and grandmother arrested over the slaying of Duvel, police believe the mother's relatives are caring for the boy.

But the victims' family say they have no idea where the boy is, and it looked yesterday that the police weren't sure about the boy's exact whereabouts either.

Dr Duvel spoke at a press conference at the Sheraton Grande Hotel on Saturday to strongly deny allegations by the accused that Oswald had mistreated his wife and son, and not provided them with an income.

"We are very concerned about his son. We are hoping to see him before we return [to Australia and his sisters to South Africa]," he said.

"We would love to take care of his son. But we would take advice from the courts on what would be best for his precious son. We'll have to wait for what the courts say is best."

"He loved his son and would have laid down his life for him... He never raised his voice to him. He would in no way harm the child."

Dr Duvel, 49, praised the Thai police for the swift arrests of his brother's killers.

He described his older brother as his hero, and said that as the eldest child he had always stood up for him and his four sisters.

"I have lost my parents but when I heard about his death, this was a pain I'd never felt before. It was horrible. I wish he could be here today."

Claims he did not support his former wife were untrue, as his brother was paying well over what the court asked him to provide to his former wife, he said, despite regularly being denied access to his boy.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 12 minutes ago

Hang on. The murdering Mother In Law, was awarded for killing the poor guy by being granted custody of the child. (The motive for the killing) She is looking after the child and she is in protective custody being watched by authorities but somehow the child has been misplaced. Do the Thai authorities really believe that Doctor Duvel and his family are as gullable as the Thai population and just suck it up as thais would. Seriously do the BIB really think everyone is so bloody stupid.

Personally I think that the child is being hidden so that the Duvel family can't get custody (The saga starts again) which would probably be a finacial loss for the BIB. The poor child is being used simply as a meal ticket and a means for that new iphone 5.

• Like 1

This is all really really disturbing.

exona

Any news on the families real take on this situation and what is being done?

Are there any TV members who live in the area who have good relationships with any of the senior police officers that could 'call a favour in'.

So will the MIL's bail now be revoked.

The whole thing makes you want to scream loudly, and right now there seems little we as a community can do. I take it if nobody knows where the child is then a full scale manhunt will start as the child has been abducted. Take the MIL back to the slammer, tell her the deal is off, they will have the child back within 48 hours.

Sorry, but I have never been angrier at anything I have read on here than this before.....

Lets look at the scenario a little:

Guys family come from all corners of the world to take care of their brothers murder.

They declare they want to take care of the guys son.

Son suddenly disappears.

How about renting some jet skis while you wait for us to find the boy? Gems? Tailor? Taxi to airport?

You holiday. Have money.

• Like 1

I have rarely read a thread and followed it to such an unbelievable scenario developing.

How the mother in law is possibly walking free soon is unforgiveable.

This is Thailand yes, but seriously Ossie deserves justice. He, least of anyone by what's known of him didn't deserve this

• Like 2

and they need her to witness what ?

they obviously didn't expect to have to deal with the car and the bullet hole in the windscreen - this is way above someones paygrade or the cops are somehow related to this and trying to manipulate

How much face will the evil mother in law lose if the boy even looks like he's headed to the murder victims family - I guess the police didn't think that one through when they handed him over to this evil womans custody.............grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

• Like 1

and they need her to witness what ?

they obviously didn't expect to have to deal with the car and the bullet hole in the windscreen - this is way above someones paygrade or the cops are somehow related to this and trying to manipulate

How much face will the evil mother in law lose if the boy even looks like he's headed to the murder victims family - I guess the police didn't think that one through when they handed him over to this evil womans custody.............grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Right on ! thumbsup.gif

In any country with a working legal system, any defence lawyer would tear this witness's testomony apart and the judge would have a stroke from astonishment that a prosecutor would rely on any evidence from a "witness" that has sooooo much to gain from testifying against the accused [her children]. Joke !!! Blood simmering, simmering, simmering .......angry.png