Clearing Overstay: Cleared

All you really had to do was go to the immigration counter to get an exit stamp amd they would have noticed the over stay , asked you for the 20,000 and you would have gone on to your next destination just as if you were 2 days over.

• Like 1

I had a 1 year overstay and went to the cambodian border paid the fine and entered 15 mins later.. why pay for other services when there is no need.. Everyone here say just leave the country by airport and its fine.. All that worry for nothing when you could have just jumped on a plane... They are happy with your 20k fine and thats all they want.. money money moneyyyyyyy

DanielSiam: their services cost 3,500 baht including travel fees. It was well worth the money in my eyes!

Skill32: Yeah, like alot of people didt ell me that but i read alot about it not being that easy too, so i just wanted to be sure.

Huayrat: Money does seem to be the main thing here ah lol

Attrayant:From what i was told, If you in the drivers seat and was in the wrong in the car accident the yes the report will show on your blacklist. Good job i can't drive ah lol

• Like 1

Although likely not required this allowed full check prior to departure so no last second hold up or return to immigration for background check (which can happen at airport - they seem to have crackdown periods when more likely) or immediate detention if doing it alone - just having someone with you is always a good idea if trying to get clearance prior to airport. The fee appears very reasonable so, although not being a lawyer fan, do believe it was a good investment.

Believe blacklist in this case means 'watch list' to prevent departure rather than forbidding entry (which is the normal meaning in this forum).

• Like 1

From what i was told, If you in the drivers seat and was in the wrong in the car accident the yes the report will show on your blacklist. Good job i can't drive ah lol

This is simply not true and at a bit of a loss as regards you comment regarding the BE, they can do nothing for you, other than tell you to get a lawyer or depart the country and pay the fine.

In this instance you chose to get a legal firm involved which is your perogative, but they havent really anything for you which differs from the normal process at the airport, even with retaining a legal firm, if you had been caught by the police before you arrived at the airport, chances are you would have been spending time at the IDC before leaving the country.

Good job i can't drive ah lol

Neither can many of the Thais.

So the question here: Was it luck, you didn't have a accident, or didn't you drive at all?giggle.gif

Welcome back. Are you going to do again 3000 days on your visa, now?

Edited by noob7

The whole process except the 'drive somewhere in BKK and not meet anyone while the lawyers act as if they're working' thing - is what would happen if you went on your own. Had 380+ days overstay. Just booked a flight, went through immigration, went to the desk ( remember? the desk is for the SOLE purpose of overstay passengers. The reason it's there is because so many people do it... ), paid the fine, didn't even discuss one word with them, and was in the flyer 10 minutes later.

For re-entry I got a 60 day ( +30 days possible from Thailand ) Visa from the Consulate. Just in case, and just to not overstay again - as I was not overstaying on purpose the first time, it... simply escalated :)

• Like 1

No way! I can't believe you overstayed for 8 years and got away with it (more or less)! I would've thought that an overstay of that length would have meant a prison sentence or at least a more severe punishment than a 20k Baht fine! Clearly not!

Anyway, congratulations, you must be mightily relieved!

Good luck for the future

If you are at all nervous about an overstay - alway good for peace of mind, and the fee not bad. It also helps to have someone there with you if for no other reason than moral support.

I think, the OP was a bit worried about the 3000 days!

And I think, that can make the difference, at the overstay desk.

Maybe not with the money, but with the stamps.

A day, a week, a year or over 8 years. The lady wanted to come back for sure.

3500 baht is a good investment, to verify this aim!

Me think!

DanielSiam: their services cost 3,500 baht including travel fees. It was well worth the money in my eyes!

Skill32: Yeah, like alot of people didt ell me that but i read alot about it not being that easy too, so i just wanted to be sure.

Attrayant:From what i was told, If you in the drivers seat and was in the wrong in the car accident the yes the report will show on your blacklist. Good job i can't drive ah lol

Travel fees how much please????

Thank you for using our services Farlang 2012, we are glad we could be of service to you.

It should be pointed out that this was not a simple or easy case of overstay of someone who could leave on the same passport they entered on. First of all our client had a new passport with no entry stamp. In order to clear immigration you must show the entry stamp transferred into the new passport. This is the step that gets most people in detention, offering cash under the table is not a good idea to get around this.

You need to go to Immigration to get the new stamps and the main office is much stricter than the airport. However, our advisors had her wait outside while they talked to the Immigration officers and they were warned if they brought her inside the office at immigration she would be arrested. That's why they could not transfer the stamp. They had to convince the officer to call the airport to allow her to show the old passport with the entry stamp there. The odds are very high, that Farlang 2012 would have been hassled and possibly arrested because of the almost 3,000 day overstay if our advisors had not gone as well.

The process went as smoothly as if you had just a 40 day overstay with a valid passport and entry stamp as we had cleared the process beforehand and the officer was waiting for you. Otherwise, they would not let you on the plane but would have sent you back to Immigration. If you are to be deported, this is where it happens.

[sunbelt][/sunbelt]

Edited by Sunbelt Asia
  • Like 2

I totally agree with you. The cost is not so high for the peace of mind it bought you.

The situation was stressful enough as it was and to try to resolve everything alone adds to the stress.

Well done, a great informative piece of writing and thanks for the follow up.

Good luck in the years to come. clap2.gif

To the OP: I am very glad to read that your case is solved... smile.png

To Sunbelt: years ago, you did wonders regarding my "case"

Thank you for using our services Farlang 2012, we are glad we could be of service to you.

It should be pointed out that this was not a simple or easy case of overstay of someone who could leave on the same passport they entered on. First of all our client had a new passport with no entry stamp. In order to clear immigration you must show the entry stamp transferred into the new passport. This is the step that gets most people in detention, offering cash under the table is not a good idea to get around this.

You need to go to Immigration to get the new stamps and the main office is much stricter than the airport. However, our advisors had her wait outside while they talked to the Immigration officers and they were warned if they brought her inside the office at immigration she would be arrested. That's why they could not transfer the stamp. They had to convince the officer to call the airport to allow her to show the old passport with the entry stamp there. The odds are very high, that Farlang 2012 would have been hassled and possibly arrested because of the almost 3,000 day overstay if our advisors had not gone as well.

The process went as smoothly as if you had just a 40 day overstay with a valid passport and entry stamp as we had cleared the process beforehand and the officer was waiting for you. Otherwise, they would not let you on the plane but would have sent you back to Immigration. If you are to be deported, this is where it happens.

[sunbelt][/sunbelt]

Years ago, you did wonders regarding my "case" and I will be always grateful to your wonderful staff who saved me spending 2/3 weeks at IDC, while immigration was searching -on microfiche!- for my last entrance at Dong Muang.

Trying to clear an overstay with an emergency passport and no TM card was unrealistic to do it on my own; especially regarding the immi officers who got bored looking for a trace and always suggested me to give up, go court -as illegal entrant-, pay cheaper fine... but got deported.

But your were always there, present before me at all Suan Phu meetings.

For a case who was supposed to take 48hrs, you spent nearly one month on it, and this without increasing your fees.

thumbsup.gif

• Like 2

As said you can get the 60 days down to the last day so no panic. Also have seen reports of immigration accepting down to about 11 days (believe for 15 days border crossing visa exempt however). Have not seen any report of 15 day law. There used to be a 21 day policy but that seems to have ended when border crossings became 15 days. You should be fine now and able to relax a bit.

• Like 1

Based on your Thai wife you could get a 60 day extension, giving you extra time to get the paperwork in order. No need for finacials for that, only the 1,900 baht and limited paperwork (and the misses to come with you).

From the OP:

went to the Thai immigration section with my Thai boyfriend

Maybe based on her having a Thai child, but it appears not based on marriage.

Sophon

Thank you OP for the update. It's great to know the entire story, especially with the clarification from Sunbelt about just how the case was so complex.

While normally I suggest people sort out their own visa issues -- there are times when hiring a visa agent makes a lot of sense. Given the length of the overstay, the issue with a new passport and the problems arrest would have caused for a young family -- the 3500 baht fee seems very reasonable and a good investment.

• Like 2

All you really had to do was go to the immigration counter to get an exit stamp amd they would have noticed the over stay , asked you for the 20,000 and you would have gone on to your next destination just as if you were 2 days over.

Indeed, it was therefore that the lady at Immigration looked puzzled......."Why all that fuzz?"