Will Lose Passport

whistling.gif First of all, you need a lawyer qualified to give you a straight answer about your alimony and child support payments situation.

I'm NOT a lawyer, so all I can give is my opinion....and I suspect most people on this forum are also NOT lawyers.

But, having said that, I don't think she can put a "hold" on your passport if you are currenttly paying that alimony and child support.

Secondly, I don't understand why the "State of California" should have any right to "charge interest" on what you are paying.

But that isn't the point of the original post anyhow.

I just wanted to say anyhow that I don't think that, as long as you are attemping to comply with the court and paying that alimony and particularly child support as required, no one can stop you from renewing your passport... or somehow put a hold on it.

Now, if you were NOT paying child support as the court decreed.....that might be a very different matter.

But then, as I said at the beginning, I'm not a lawyer.

rolleyes.gif

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Assuming that you are already in Thailand, what would happen if you 'lost' your passport (1 year before it expires for example) and applied for a new one at the US Embassy . . . would you then get a new 10 year passport?

Unless one has legal problems, unpaid child, etc. you would get a 10 year passport.

As said for child support your passport is checked at US Embassy when you submit application for new one and it will not be returned or a new one issued until name is removed from list if found on it. I spent several hours in ACS unit on my last application due to this as there computer system was down and the policy not to return passport until proven innocent by law (not by choice of Embassy I might add).

whistling.gif Strictly on the point of "getting a new passport".

Of course it's possible to do that BUT you should know that in the last 10 years or so your personal data and especially your bio-metrics data....birth, age, physical data, photo/name I.D. match, etc have been required for all applicants for new or renewal of U.S. passports.

The embessy won't tell you this, but that is really why it now takes about two weeks for you to get your passport renewed. If everything matches, that is.

So, just as a warning to anyone with a U.S. passport that thinks "losing my passport" and getting another one is an easy solution, be very careful,

Do NOT even think about getting a new passport under another name or using an alias.

Since 9/11 all passport renewal applications are run through a database records check...including a photo computer biometrics check.

This includes a photo I.D. biometrics verification.

If your new passport application data and data from any previous passport application doesn't match, the best thing you can expect is some very pointred questions from some very suspicious security people.

Since 9/11 anyone even seeming to be attempting to get a different U.S. passport.....with data that doesn't macth.... is treated as very suspicios and usually will be investigated.

Any mismatch in data will flag you and at best delay your passport renewal.

Possibly much worse.

The old days of just going to the embessy and getting a new passport for U.S. passport holders are long gone.

whistling.gif

• Like 1

I appreciate all the good comments but for some reason the State of California held open my case and I am trying to do my best to pay but the math doesn't work out. $2,200 x 60 months is $132,000 and I will owe her at that time about $75,000 dollars. I would be in Thailand now if I didn't have to pay this and didn't have to worry about losing my passport so this lady is taking away the best years of my life just because she is greedy. All I can hope is that the court when I turn 62 allows me to reduce my payments to half of my military pension and continue paying until I die I guess.

I don't think you have a problem. If it is only alimony that you owe it is not covered under the federal law that says if you owe more than $2500.00 (from info shown on website that link posted earlier goes to) in child support you cannot get a passport.

Only the US federal government can deny you a passport not California.

California has strange laws, and with you owing them money there might be some stipulation that they can charge you with a felony if you don't pay them, kind of like writing a bad check for that huge sum of money, It can be a felony.

If you can be charged with a felony, and convicted, for not paying the state then you would loose your passport. That is the only thing I can see as why the state might have a hold over you, with the threat of a felony conviction.

Get a new passport, move to Thailand, stop paying all alimony.

Worry about the passport in 10 years, you might be dead, she might be dead.

Thailand might change the rules to give you citizenship.

What are they gonna do? Ten years is a long time.

ah, spoken like a true fellow criminal. Thailand does NOT need yet another loser fleeing prosecution in a Western country (read: a country with LAWS to protect the innocent, like wives and children you want to screw).

come to Thailand when you're a law-abiding citizen and do us all a favor.

• Like 1

As far as understand it failure to pay alimony is a civil issue and not criminal. I don't think that your wife can have a hold put on your passport for non-payment, BUT, I MIGHT BE WRONG as I'm not, nor want to be a lawyer.

In Canada you always have the right to have a passport, you can be a mass murderer and still get a passport. Your passport could be conficcated ie on certain charges a judge could order you to surrender your passport so you could not flee. That would be a different situation than the posters.

I do not think his wife could have the U.S. courts cancel his passport. Talk you your attorney in the U.S. At one time I had 6, but will not go into detail here.

Edited by Colabamumbai

Sorry to hear about your problem, it's problems like this that really turn me off marriage. One thing I can suggest, are your parents both American? If they were born elsewhere you might be able to get citizenship of a foreign nation. These will generally not protect you from paying child support but you can get out of paying alimony if you don't plan to visit the US again.

Ah hah! I've got it.

Use the time available to change your citizenship to a third-party country: England, Canada, Australia, Panama, whatever. Heck, rich people do it all the time to avoid taxes in their home country. Why not us "normal" people.

Once you have your new citizenship, go ahead & move to Thailand. Just pick a nation from which it's relatively easy to get a Thai visa. Once you have your new citizenship, your ex can't touch you. As others have pointed out, the whole alimony thing is a civil matter, not criminal, so no other country will be interested in enforcing this collection action against you.

My suggestion is find a good immigration or tax lawyer who will be familiar with this, can help you pick a suitable country for your new citizenship, then you're good to go. :-)

Hi, I understand that child support is a reason for withholding your passport, alimony is different. Athough one would suggest if you are here and the option is nothing the negotiation amy take another turn, she is the mother of your children be fair and respectful.

But anyway, your best bet, in my humble opinion is to get a non immigrant visa, this has to e renewed annually and after 3years, there can be no breaks in that so you must renew as the old year expires, you could be considered for permanent residency. Strange this is, even though you apply not everyone gets in and there is criteria to meet, ask and I will reply. At the moment the decisions are contemplated only between October and January each year and the Thai authorities allow only about 100 people in.

When Can You Apply For Permanent Residency in Thailand? - Weirdly, Thailand only allows you to apply for permanent residency during three months of the year - October through December. But this doesn't happen every year. You must keep your eye on the Bangkok Post or The Nation newspapers, as it will be announced every year in the newspaper, if the government of Thailand is accepting permanent residency applications in that year. At this point, the Thai authorities will also only make 100 people from each country permanent residents in one years. They may have hundreds or thousands of applications, but only 100 people from that particular country will be awarded permanent residency.

Where Can You Apply for Permanent Residency in Thailand? - Please note, the Bangkok Immigration Office has been moved from Suan Plu in downtown Bangkok, to the far suburbs of Bangkok on Chaengwattana Road, so it is now much more inconvenient for most people in Bangkok who need immigration services. The address for the Immigration Bureau is:

Chaengwattana Building B, No. 120, Moo 3, Chaengwattana Road, Tungsonghong Sub-District, Laksi District, Bangkok 10210 Tel: 02 141 9889 / 1178

Immigration offices are open from 8:30am to 4:30pm, Monday through Friday. My recommendation is to get there early though, as it gets extremely crowded.

What Requirements Are There To Be Awarded Permanent Residency? - Like any country, Thailand has certain requirements and also certain things that will automatically block you from being given permanent residency.

a) You must have been in Thailand for at least 3 years on non-immigrant visa. The non-immigrant visa cannot have any lapse times, so must have been automatically renewed every year for 3 years. (this is difficult for many expats, if they haven't kept the same job for three years).

B) You cannot have any criminal record either in Thailand or your country of origin. You will have fingerprints taken for the Thai portion of it and must also get a certified letter from the embassy of your country of origin, saying you don't have a criminal record.

c) You must give the Immigration Bureau information about your income, assets, family status and education background.

d) You must be able to speak, read and write Thai at at least a grade six level. You will be tested on this ability.

These of course are the basic requirements, but the Thai Immigration Office also takes other factors into consideration, most of which they won't tell you. Also, if you are denied permanent residency in Thailand, they are not likely to give you the reason as to why.

There are cost implications, if you're still reading and is around $6000 if accepted but even if not the application is around $250 I think.

Let me know if I can be of any further assistance but it would be strange if your government removed your passport if you're here. What will the embassy do, you have to have documents to leave the kingdom so I think if it does apply and I doubt it, it's only to deter or stop people from leaving US in first place !

Regards

Henry

Edited by HenryCHunter

I just checked with a friend who is a lawyer here in California. He's a criminal lawyer. He suggested you get a better family lawyer first and keep paying. Although the California State law does not have jurisdiction over Federal issuance of Passports except for in the case of "Child Support" over $2500 (it is written into law), you face a "Contempt of Court" charge per CA P.C. 166 para. a.4.,(a misdemeanor) "only" if you fail to continue paying "alimony". Alimony is a lawful Court order. Breaking that "order" becomes a "criminal" offense in the eyes of the court. So as long as you keep paying then you have no problems. If you stop paying, the Court will eventually issue a "writ to appear" (a warrant) for your arrest based on the Contempt of Court charge per CA PC 166.5 to explain why you didn't pay. This is a misdemeanor. It also has no statue of limitations. I'm sure your Ex isn't going to let that pass. But the longer you wait the worse it gets. Because of the amount that is owed is a large amount, the Court "may or may not" issue a Federal Warrant for your arrest. Up to the Judge. If they do, getting a passport renewed is unlikely. They may also ask for your deportation but unlikely. They probably wait until you are kicked out of the country and sent back. He laughed at this point and said either you or the Judge may both be dead by that time. But you'd still have a problem only if you quit paying.

Edited by Mrjlh
  • Like 1

If you stop paying, the Court will eventually issue a "writ to appear" (a warrant) for your arrest based on the Contempt of Court charge per CA PC 166.5 to explain why you didn't pay... But the longer you wait the worse it gets. Because of the amount that is owed is a large amount, the Court "may or may not" issue a Federal Warrant for your arrest.

Ermmm...kind of wrong. A California State Superior Court has no authority to issue a Federal Arrest warrant. Federal warrant=issued by Article III Federal Judge...not state superior court judge. If the original charge is a misdemeanor...it stays a misdemeanor. An ignored misdemeanor doesn't turn into a Felony. (Though there are things called "wobblers" which are charges that could be prosecuted as either felony or misdemeanor; this isn't one of them.)

If it starts off at the state level, it stays at the state level. A state law crime can NEVER turn into a Federal crime. To be a Federal crime, you must have broken a Federal law to begin with. (Though there are crimes that are both crimes at the Federal and State level, which this isn't one of them).

I do agree that the OP should talk to a family law lawyer. He said that he has tried to have a lawyer take care of it before but it didn't work. With that said, I don't think he should stop trying. The longer it's ignored, the more money is going to accrue. Right now it alimony doesn't affect passport issuance. But of course the law could always change.

The other thing I would suggest is talking to a Bankruptcy attorney. Alimony is NOT straight up dischargeable in a Chapter 7; however, there is potential that you could modify the terms by showing a change in circumstances under a Chapter 13. There are some ways to do it, but it is a tricky manuever to see if it is possible. You will need someone with skill.

Edited by submaniac

The law regarding Alimony has already changed in many states (i.e. Massachusetts September 2011), it should apply already or very soon in California. You do not say how long you were married or how old your children were at the time of divorce. However you have already been divorced 15 years, so you were 42 years old at that time. If I assume that you endured a maximum of 10 years with your ex-wife she would have only been entitled to 60% of the months of marriage as alimony which is 6 years. Therefore under the new law you would have overpaid.

Secondly, under the new Alimony Reform Law, Alimony will cease at the same time as the order to pay child support.

In other words the Government's view is that the ex-wife cannot consider you as a meal ticket for life, and she should go and get a job and earn here own money and support herself.

As your commitment to pay child support has ended, then in my view your commitment to pay alimony should have ended at the same time, and the new Law should be considered to support your case.

I suggest you contact The Mass Alimony Reform Organisation: http://massalimonyreform.org/ . More information and details of the Alimony Reform Act can be found on this site.

Get a better lawyer: http://massalimonyreform.org/

New law stops injustice of paying alimony forever:

http://edition.cnn.c...-pro/index.html

Alimony Reform Law Summary

(UPDATE: Download the Signed Law, Chapter 124 of the Acts of 2011)

1. Alimony Term Limits
    • Long term marriages (more than 20 years): Alimony will end at retirement age as defined by the Social Security Act.
    • 5 years or less: Maximum Alimony term is 50% of the number of months of marriage.
    • 10 years or less but greater than 5 years: Maximum Alimony term is 60% of the number of months of marriage.
    • 15 years or less but greater than 10 years: Maximum Alimony term is 70% of the number of months of marriage.
    • 20 years or less but greater than 15 years: Maximum Alimony term is 80% of the number of months of marriage.
    • Other term limits apply for "Rehabilitative Alimony, "Reimbursement Alimony", and "Transitional Alimony".

[*]Second Wife's (Husband's) Income and Assets Excluded

"In the event of the payer’s remarriage, income and assets of the payer’s spouse shall not be considered in a re-determination of alimony in a modification action."

[*]Co-Habitation Suspends, Reduces, or Terminates Alimony

"General Term Alimony shall be suspended, reduced or terminated upon the cohabitation of the recipient spouse when the payer shows that the recipient has maintained a common household with another person for a continuous period of at least three months."

[*]Child Support: Gross Income is Excluded From Alimony

For purposes of setting an alimony order, the court shall exclude from its income calculation gross income which the court has already considered for setting a child support order..."

[*]Child Support: Alimony Term is Co-Terminus with Child Support

"Where the Court orders alimony concurrent with or subsequent to a child support order, the combined duration of alimony and child support shall not exceed the longer of: (i) the alimony duration available at the time of divorce; or (ii) rehabilitative alimony commencing upon the termination of child support. "

[*]Alimony Amount is Limited

"... the amount of alimony should generally not exceed the recipient’s need or 30 percent to 35 percent of the difference between the parties gross incomes established at the time of the order being issued."

[*]A Second Job or Overtime Income is Not Included in Alimony Modification

"Income from a second job or overtime work shall be presumed immaterial to alimony modification if:

(1) A party works more than a single full-time equivalent position; and

(2) The second job or overtime commenced after entry of the initial order."

[*]Payment of Health Insurance and/or Life Insurance Reduces Alimony Payment

In setting an initial alimony order, or in modifying an existing order, the court may deviate from duration and amount limits for General Term Alimony and Rehabilitative Alimony upon written findings that deviation is necessary. Grounds for deviation may include:

(3) Whether the payer spouse is providing health insurance and the cost of health insurance for the recipient spouse;

(4) Whether the payer spouse has been ordered to secure life insurance for the benefit of the recipient spouse and the cost of such insurance;

[*]Alimony Term Extensions Are Limited And Require Clear And Convincing Evidence

"The court may grant a recipient an extension of an existing alimony order for good cause shown. In granting extension, the court must enter written findings of:

(i) A material change of circumstance that occurred after entry of the alimony judgment; and (ii) Reasons for the extension that are supported by clear and convincing evidence.

[*]Alimony Ends with the Remarriage of the Alimony Recipient

Contact: Massachusetts Alimony Reform http://massalimonyreform.org/

Sorry about the two postings, TV website seemed to hang and the first post disappeared only to reappear later

Edited by Estrada

Respectfully, ESTRADA's irrelevant Post above should be ignored (if not Removed by the Moderator).

The OP is governed by CALIFORNIA Law, not Massachusetts!

On the other hand, as prior posters have correctly stated, if OP's financial circumstances have materially changed, Calif.

law (like all states) permits him to lawfully Petition the Divorce Court to modify the Alimony terms -- going forward; not past.

Likewise, if the ex-wife does remarry, this would terminate future alimony obligations, but not past amounts due and owing.

But, prior to any such lawful modfications or termination of the Alimony obligations, failure to pay can result in criminal Contempt

Order if wife (or state) petitions the Court. If that occurs, THEN:

Per Federal Regulations, the US Passport Agency will/must Deny a renewal of Passport (and, can even revoke a current one),

IF the renewal applicant is subject to a state criminal court Order which prohibits travel outside (the state or USA), and the state law

enforcement agency has notified/requested the US Passport Agency not to issue the Passport. See: 22 C.F.R. 51.70 and .72..

http://travel.state....o/info_870.html

So, unfortunately for OP, if he does move to Thailand (or anywhere else abroad), eventually the issue is going to catch up with him.

Best option now, is keep current on Alimony payments, while simultaneously retaining an Attorney to Petition the Court for modification

of the Alimony payments, based on a material change in financial circumstances (and/or hope his Ex remarries).

Edited by Mrjustice

I appreciate all the good comments but for some reason the State of California held open my case and I am trying to do my best to pay but the math doesn't work out. $2,200 x 60 months is $132,000 and I will owe her at that time about $75,000 dollars. I would be in Thailand now if I didn't have to pay this and didn't have to worry about losing my passport so this lady is taking away the best years of my life just because she is greedy. All I can hope is that the court when I turn 62 allows me to reduce my payments to half of my military pension and continue paying until I die I guess.

If you do a runner, can your ex wife go after your pension rather than having to try and track you down

You might be advised to seek new legal advice. Depending on the US State which holds jurisdiction in your case, You may have some avenue to escape this indentured servitude you find yourself trapped in.

I was an employer in the US Territory of Guam several years ago, and had a key manager who received menacing letters from the State of California in re to child support. He paid.

However, the failure to pay alimony is no more grave than quitting payment on a stateside credit card. Much may hinge on your source of funds in the US. Please ... see an attorney experienced in these matters. It may be the smartest thing you ever did.

Get a lawyer and see if you are even right about a passport hold but also ask about ... a case called In re Marriage of Reynolds (1998) 63 Cal.App.4th 1373 that basically states you are entitled to retire at age sixty five and can not be required to work to support your spouse beyond that age.

This sounds correct though I am unsure of US law. Essentially you will not be the only one in Thailand disappearing from a ludicrous "developed world" system which is grossly unfair. By moving to Thailand you have several factors in your favour if you stay away for the period of the statute of limitations of CSA debts. You aren't required to pay till you die, but these facts are not well known and as the poster above suggests check with your lawyer on time periods and age limits.

When the children come of age they can visit you. You can pay their airfare, BUT this is a big choice as it requires discipline on your part NOT to return until your statute of limitations is exceeded on past debts. This also means the children may find it difficult to visit you if they are young and under the care of their mother who will restrict access as she is greedy for money, regardless of the emotional and psychological effects on the children. Many women use this as emotional blackmail against men and the government agencies are often staffed by a significant proportion of insensitive officers (often women with personal vendettas of their own) that lack ability to gain other more attractive government positions. Hence your chances of dealing effectively between her lawyers, government agencies and her directly are well against you so you need to consider the fact she may attempt to turn the children against you by saying how you ran away. Even phoning back to the children may be difficult if they are young.

Essentially you need professional advice to confirm if these statements are correct in regards to limitations of debt (usually 7 years), age limitations and consider the age of the children now and in the future. It is unlikely she can enforce a hold on your passport but you could face prosecution in the US on return if you return within whatever the statute of limitations on CSA debt is for your state.

The case on your child support may also be closed from the day you leave your home country IF the USA has NO reciprocating agreements with Thailand and from there the debt is calculated from the day you leave your country permanently. Thailand does not usually arrange child support for other countries as does the Philippines so this is strongly in your favour. This may be done simply by a declaration at the airport that you are leaving the country PERMANENTLY.

Understand you are not the only father in this dreadful situation and there are a number of organisations that can offer support in this area as either way it is not the best situation but Thailand is a great place to live a life. Don't worry about the Thai police coming to get you. This is a CIVIL matter not criminal so unless she claims you abducted the children the ex can scream all she likes to the Thai authorities and they'll just smile back and ignore her wai.gif Good luck.

• Like 2

Surely I must msunderstand this thread. I would advise to always be compliant with the laws of governments, and with the edicts of courts. Otherwise, beyond ethics or morality (remember them? there are considerations of huge consequences (finances and/or incarceration) for being non-compliant or for aiding and abetting others in that direction.

Another angle; yes, there are legitimate, low-cost second passports, but they require at minimum 4 years of residence, or a number of trips back and forth to complete the process. If I felt, as I do here, that someone were evading finacial requirements, or running from the law, or advising such, I would offer no referrals.

Parts of this thread, taken as a whole, reflect poorly on the majority of expats. Only a minority are running fom the law, or evading finacial constraints placed upon them,

govermentally or judicially. (At the same time, I must admit that my initial experience in Bangkok, when I asked some people what were their means of livelihood here, produced the answer of silence, so I learned to keep pretty much to myself, not wanting to be perceived as involved with such people. A loss, because otherwise they seemed quite interesting folk.)

And those officials, of whatever nations, who might perceive guilt by association or by deed, I am certain are in a position to collect additional perceptions when surveilling Thaivisa.

I simply freely write what I feel. Do also what you will.

• Like 1

Maybe you would like to consider Malaysia's My Second Home Programme as a 'back stop' in the event of things going against you. This special visa is granted for 10 years. The Malaysia Govt requires you place RM60,00 in a fixed deposit account during the period of the visa. Which is not unreasonable as the visa is renewable.

There are also some extremely attractive benefits such as no tax on pensions into the country. But for you and your particular problems it might act as a safe haven should you get into a difficult situation. Just a thought to add to the many. Best of luck.

You are not totally correct either. When you leave the state to "avoid" prosecution it can be raised to another crime. Here's how. It develops on steps. First they subpoena him to appear. Failure to appear becomes a misdemeanor warrant. (local) This warrant is not enforceable outside of the state unless the local authority is willing to send some one to get him. Most of the time not likely. The big question is, is he paying her "directly" (a Civil matter) or "through" the County Agency which happens to be enforced by the State's District Attorney's Office. If payment is through the County then it goes through another set of steps. They need to notify him if they can find him. They need to serve him, etc. And that is the "BIG IF". But how do you think they arrest people in other states for back support? They can reach out via Federal Law (42 U.S.C. Sec. 666(a)(9)), it can then becomes a criminal offense (Federal). But you are correct it still is a misdemeanor. This is why you suddenly need a "Criminal lawyer" to get you out of trouble. What starts out in Family Court can end up in Criminal Court.

Another misconception is "Spousal Support " is also consider as part of "Child Support" as per Section 270 of the Calif Penal Code. (Read it carefully)

Bottom line per:

http://www.sanmateofamilylaw.com/alimony-spousal-support/enforcing-california-spousal-support-orders

quote: "Sometimes enforcement of an existing spousal support order will be assigned to the department of child support services. This government agency has various tools to enforce payment of spousal support and collection of spousal support arrearages, including wage garnishments, levying bank accounts and property, revocation of the parent’s California driver’s license or professional licenses." unquote

They can freeze his assets! They can also locate him through several sources so he really can't hide. He may stay put of trouble for years but I think it will catch up to him later. Not worth it in my mind. So settle and get over it.

You are not totally correct either. When you leave the state to "avoid" prosecution it can be raised to another crime. Here's how. It develops on steps. First they subpoena him to appear. Failure to appear becomes a misdemeanor warrant. (local) This warrant is not enforceable outside of the state unless the local authority is willing to send some one to get him. Most of the time not likely. The big question is, is he paying her "directly" (a Civil matter) or "through" the County Agency which happens to be enforced by the State's District Attorney's Office. If payment is through the County then it goes through another set of steps. They need to notify him if they can find him. They need to serve him, etc. And that is the "BIG IF". But how do you think they arrest people in other states for back support? They can reach out via Federal Law (42 U.S.C. Sec. 666(a)(9)), it can then becomes a criminal offense (Federal). But you are correct it still is a misdemeanor. This is why you suddenly need a "Criminal lawyer" to get you out of trouble. What starts out in Family Court can end up in Criminal Court.

Another misconception is "Spousal Support " is also consider as part of "Child Support" as per Section 270 of the Calif Penal Code. (Read it carefully)

Bottom line per:

http://www.sanmateof...-support-orders

quote: "Sometimes enforcement of an existing spousal support order will be assigned to the department of child support services. This government agency has various tools to enforce payment of spousal support and collection of spousal support arrearages, including wage garnishments, levying bank accounts and property, revocation of the parent’s California driver’s license or professional licenses." unquote

They can freeze his assets! They can also locate him through several sources so he really can't hide. He may stay put of trouble for years but I think it will catch up to him later. Not worth it in my mind. So settle and get over it.

Mrjlh has made some valid points. In Calif., wilful failure to pay "Spousal Support" (i.e. alimony) or to travel outside jurisdiction with intent to avoid paying it, can be punished both as a Criminal Misdemeanor Offense per Sect. 270 of the Calif. Penal Code; OR as a criminal Contempt of Court. But I disagree on 2 'technical' points: First, it does not matter whether the Order is to pay directly or thru the State. That would only effect whether it is the Wife or the State who must initiate action against OP, that may or will result in either the Contempt Order or if she pushes the D.A. into prosecuting under Sect. 270. In either case, no "Subpoena" is necessary; merely service of the Petition and Rule to Show Cause why OP Should not be held in Contempt; and/or issuance of the Criminal Summons. Under either scenario, as I pointed out in my original Post, the State Law Enforcement authorities could then notify and request the US Passport Agency to prohibit renewal of OP's Passport (and/or possibly to also Revoke it prior to renewal). So, back to my original and best advice: OP must stay current on his Support obligations or face the consequences. But, he does have the option to Petition the Divorce Court to modify (or even terminate) the Support Orders based on material change in financial circumstances (his and/or his Ex's), though the effective date of any such modification/termination may only be 'retroactive' to the date of filing of the Petition to Modify; and so will not effect any amounts due and owing before that time.

Obtaining a new pasport NOt US may be your answer

Grand children of Irish citizens are entitled ,while a well known local obtained a Montenegro one.

Crtain states make it easy if you have funds.Depens onmany factors panama,Moldova etc depends of course if willing to forego US citizenship,but if you are lanng to stay here PR,ASEAn citizenship may be worth looking into.I would not pay acent to a Tahi agent or fixewr.

Good luck

You could of course ask Mrs No 2 to pay No 1 tho from my experience the Thai ladies baulk at paying

Obtaining a new pasport NOt US may be your answer

Grand children of Irish citizens are entitled ,while a well known local obtained a Montenegro one.

Crtain states make it easy if you have funds.Depens onmany factors panama,Moldova etc depends of course if willing to forego US citizenship,but if you are lanng to stay here PR,ASEAn citizenship may be worth looking into.I would not pay acent to a Tahi agent or fixewr.

Good luck

You could of course ask Mrs No 2 to pay No 1 tho from my experience the Thai ladies baulk at paying

Untrue