Choosing A Tablet

canuckamuck

I don't have a V972 (I have a V971) but the attached V972 picture shows the reset hole. I expect you power on the tablet and then use something like a straighten paperclip to stick into the reset hole. This basically does a Factory Reset.

Good luck

Dangerous advice.

If he uses this hole to reset the device, he will need "good luck" indeed.....to not destroy the microphone...tongue.png

This isn't the "reset button", the V972 doesn't have any.

You have to press the "power" button for ~8-10 sec. This will shut down the tablet in any case.

PS: what Firmware version do you use?

Edited by vel_tins

I don't have a V972 (I have a V971) but the attached V972 picture shows the reset hole. I expect you power on the tablet and then use something like a straighten paperclip to stick into the reset hole. This basically does a Factory Reset.

Good luck

Dangerous advice.

If he uses this hole to reset the device, he will need "good luck" indeed.....to not destroy the microphone...tongue.png

This isn't the "reset button", the V972 doesn't have any.

You have to press the "power" button for ~8-10 sec. This will shut down the tablet in any case.

PS: what Firmware version do you use?

So where the picture in PIB's post relates to ?

I have a Ainol Hero and this one has also a reset in the mic hole. Have used it a few times already.

Edited by jbrain

The hole in the picture is the microfone...

But jumping into the Recovery mode by holding down the Home and Power
buttons should get him to when he can select Factory Reset if desired.

correct

Edited by vel_tins