Thai Democrats Ordered Use Of Snipers: Korkaew

webfact

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"Korkaew said he could confirm that no men in black were present among the red-shirt protesters"

I guess he dosn't watch Utube much.

Perhaps he means the 'black shirts' were not 'red shirt protestors' (who were peaceful despite being shot at) but rather a stand alone part of the equation

"Korkaew said he could confirm that no men in black were present among the red-shirt protesters"

Perhaps he means the 'black shirts' were not 'red shirt protestors' (who were peaceful despite being shot at) but rather a stand alone part of the equation

So he may have concluded that the black shirts, who had the same paymaster as the red shirts, were only there to provocate the government to use force against the red shirts. Edited by jbrain
  • Like 2

But they weren't standing alone, were they? They were walking around amongst the red shirts, including on their stage. Which makes what he says the usual red shirt denial of observed facts.

• Like 1

Perhaps he means the 'black shirts' were not 'red shirt protestors' (who were peaceful despite being shot at) but rather a stand alone part of the

So if as you claim "Perhaps he means the 'black shirts' were not 'red shirt protestors' "

It would seem very odd that he puts his faith in a Hearsay report,rather than that which can be easily witnessed on film of the actual on the spot event.

i.e Masked Blackshirts firing from within the ranks of the Redshirts.

I think you need to check the defintion of peaceful before you post again.

Peaceful: The process of diplomacy, mediation, negotiation, or other forms of peaceful settlements that arranges an end to a dispute and resolves issues that led to it.

• Like 2

"In relation to the "men in black", he said he and other red-shirt leaders had repeatedly called on then-prime minister Abhisit Vejjajiva to unmask them to prove that they were in no way linked to the red shirts."

I didn't know that any "men in black" had ever been captured and thus impossible to unmask them!

Perhaps he means the 'black shirts' were not 'red shirt protestors' (who were peaceful despite being shot at) but rather a stand alone part of the

So if as you claim "Perhaps he means the 'black shirts' were not 'red shirt protestors' "

It would seem very odd that he puts his faith in a Hearsay report,rather than that which can be easily witnessed on film of the actual on the spot event.

I believe this was after the army turned up....with live ammnunition.escalating the situation...would that be correct?

or perhaps he means literally what he said.

Peaceful: The process of diplomacy, mediation, negotiation, or other forms of peaceful settlements that arranges an end to a dispute and resolves issues that led to it.

Yes apart from a couple of sporadic outbursts of violence outside the camp the protestors were peaceful until the military escalated the situation and turned up with live ammnunition

• Like 1

Oh dear oh dear!

One should fish in the water its plain rude here!

double cast

Edited by 473geo

I believe this was after the army turned up....with live ammnunition.escalating the situation...would that be correct?

Ask Korkeow, he didnt see any Blackshirts,remember!

So he may have concluded that the black shirts, who had the same paymaster as the red shirts, were only there to provocate the government to use force against the red shirts.

Well I guess history proves that with or without weapons innocent deaths are hardly something new where Military are involved......

So he may have concluded that the black shirts, who had the same paymaster as the red shirts, were only there to provocate the government to use force against the red shirts.

Well I guess history proves that with or without weapons innocent deaths are hardly something new where Military are involved......

I thought we were discussing some Hard Facts here,and not a general history lesson.

• Like 2

I thought we were discussing some Hard Facts here,and not a general history lesson.

Really, and I thought you and I were discussing my suggestion (pure conjecture of course) that Korkaew might see the red shirts and black shirts as separate entities....thus explaining his comment

Apart from the revised history lessons which have come up again, it is interesting to see the almost desperate attempt to separate 'peaceful protesters' from 'militants', 'armed elements', 'MiB'. followed by 'we didn't know', 'we haven't seen', 'we didn't hear'

From 2010-04-03

"While the red-shirted demonstrations have been peaceful, a series of small explosions have hit politically significant sites and army buildings, injuring more than a dozen people in the past week."

"Veera said the red-shirt movement might have to use violent means to establish a new Thai state."

"Veera Musigapong told the crowd at the Phan Fah bridge that protesters may have to use violent means."

and so on, and so forth

http://www.thaivisa....y/#entry3467585

• Like 2

Really, and I thought you and I were discussing my suggestion (pure conjecture of course) that Korkaew might see the red shirts and black shirts as separate entities....thus explaining his comment

As you say,(trying to explain away) Korkaews claims are "pure conjecture of course" therefore not really of much use,in a factual discussion.But by all means carry on trying.

Yes apart from a couple of sporadic outbursts of violence outside the camp the protestors were peaceful until the military escalated the situation and turned up with live ammnunition

Not so. To suggest that the systematic escalation of the red violence was sporadic is ridiculous. Particularly when one considers the context of Arisman's encouragement to burn down Bangkok.

The red apologists have always been keen to continue pushing the blatant lie that the reds were on a peaceful walk in the park until the army turned up. The reality was otherwise.

One interesting side point is that the Arisman tape speaking to the 'peaceful' crowd telling them to load up with containers of petrol. This tape is never, ever acknowledged to exist by the Thaksin red chearleaders. You can try but response there will be none.

• Like 1

So the red/black shirts weren't killing/injuring each other, just people outside the camps in "sporadic outbursts", therefore the actions of the military (who also kept away from the camps) to make them cease and desist were completely unwarranted?

It's OK to fire RPGs and M-79 explosive rounds (not to mention a few bullets) as part of a "peaceful protest" but "live ammunition" is over the top in response?

are you listening to yourself? your implying they were killing themselves to make a point cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

even if there were a few protesters on the fringe using firecrackers to fight back, it does not make it right for the government to open fire. i also dont remember any violence before the army showed up with TANKS!!! dont forget they brought in the TANKS to clear the protesters. imagine if they did that anywhere in the west....

Fire crackers ? laugh.pnglaugh.pnglaugh.png

The grenade they launched into the BTS station, you call a firecracker? cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Well the army were using the BTS for sniper vantage points so fair game.

Not so. To suggest that the systematic escalation of the red violence was sporadic is ridiculous. Particularly when one considers the context of Arisman's encouragement to burn down Bangkok.

The red apologists have always been keen to continue pushing the blatant lie that the reds were on a peaceful walk in the park until the army turned up. The reality was otherwise.

One interesting side point is that the Arisman tape speaking to the 'peaceful' crowd telling them to load up with containers of petrol. This tape is never, ever acknowledged to exist by the Thaksin red chearleaders. You can try but response there will be none.

Now, now. MAGIC wants facts, so the rhetoric is well just rhetoric....fact is the violence was severely escalated when the heavily armed troops appeared, indeed did this not lead to the establishment of 'live fire zones'?

Edited by 473geo

It's always amusing to see the red shirt supporters trying to twist & lie their way in a totally useless exercise in analysing the usual BS from one of Thaksin's lieutenants.

Trying to portray these violence-causing thugs as peaceful protestors is just laughable. The ordinary paid-to-attend red shirts were just cannon-fodder for the orchestrated 'demonstration'. Snipers - no evidence (apart from a probable unknown one who shot Sae Daeng) has been produced.

Edited by khunken
  • Like 2

It's always amusing to see the red shirt supporters trying to twist & lie their way in a totally useless exercise in analysing the usual BS from one of Thaksin's lieutenants.

Trying to portray these violence-causing thugs as peaceful protestors is just laughable. The ordinary paid-to-attend red shirts were just cannon-fodder for the orchestrated 'demonstration'. Snipers - no evidence (apart from a probable unknown one who shot Sae Daeng) has been produced.

Well let us have a closer inspection here Ken....how many women were at the protest site and how many pictures do we have of the said women carrying arms and grenade launchers.................

You see some of us find it quite amusing when somebody appears at the end of a thread and paints across it in very broad brushstrokes..

Feel free by the way uploading the pictures of the violent 'female' black shirts, and grenade launcher carriers......hidden in the midst of the majority female protestors.

I also find it hard to believe that despite videos managing to capture the 'black shirts', trained army snipers were unable to pick out their position by the massive muzzle flashes and pick them off. Instead it seems that the preferred method was the 'fish in a barrel' technique and hoping that by killing as many civilians as they can they might get lucky and hit a black shirt.

• Like 1

are you listening to yourself? your implying they were killing themselves to make a point cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

even if there were a few protesters on the fringe using firecrackers to fight back, it does not make it right for the government to open fire. i also dont remember any violence before the army showed up with TANKS!!! dont forget they brought in the TANKS to clear the protesters. imagine if they did that anywhere in the west....

Fire crackers ? laugh.pnglaugh.pnglaugh.png

The grenade they launched into the BTS station, you call a firecracker? cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Well the army were using the BTS for sniper vantage points so fair game.

Terrorism is "fair game" now, and you only need to reverse the order of events to support the notion. That is to say your timeline is, wait for it... wrong, again.

Soldiers used the BTS tracks on the day of the final crackdown.

Would you tell the family of the woman killled on the Sala Daeng terrorist attack that her death was fair game, justified for events that hadn't happened at the time of her murder?

• Like 2

Well let us have a closer inspection here Ken....how many women were at the protest site and how many pictures do we have of the said women carrying arms and grenade launchers.................

You see some of us find it quite amusing when somebody appears at the end of a thread and paints across it in very broad brushstrokes..

Feel free by the way uploading the pictures of the violent 'female' black shirts, and grenade launcher carriers......hidden in the midst of the majority female protestors.

I also find it hard to believe that despite videos managing to capture the 'black shirts', trained army snipers were unable to pick out their position by the massive muzzle flashes and pick them off. Instead it seems that the preferred method was the 'fish in a barrel' technique and hoping that by killing as many civilians as they can they might get lucky and hit a black shirt.

"Massive muzzle flashes" ??? Are you not aware that nearly all modern military rifles are fitted with flash suppressors? Have you ever fired a modern military rifle, or is your experience only from a keyboard?