What's The Big Deal About Marrying A Girl You Met In A Bar ?

coolhandjoe

okay, let's go back to the topic heading;

ANSWER: the majority of bars is Thailand are selling sex. Would you marry a prostitute in your own country???

djbarry

The majority of bars that cater to foreigners are selling sex.

Whereas most Thai bars just sell beer and food.

Bars in my home country (UK), didn't seem to have prostitutes on offer.

Would I marry a prostitute in my home country? Don't know, don't think I ever met one in the UK.

But if every other girl I met was a prostitute in the UK, I think the answer would be maybe.

If you dont want every other girl you meet not to be a prostitute ,dont hang around the bars ,get out and about and meet normal Thai people.

• Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry mate ,i am not getting at anyone but most of the guys i know here ,their wives are not ex bar girls , most of my friends are buisness people and met their wives through their work ,as i did ,i really have nothing against guys who did meet their wives in a bar ,one i know from the uk has been happily married for 20 odd years ,but lets be honest about it ,its not the best place to look for a wife is it ?

No but it is a lot of fun.

yes well you get no argument from me ,in my day i rogered giirls for Britain in the olympic games. and was in the medals.thumbsup.gif

Good Point - So i'm correct in the assumption that all falangs think because you have an Asiatic wife you met under less selubiuos circumstances.

This sterio type is a hard one to crush in the western world no matter how hard you try.

Unlucky, as soon, there are tattoos to spot on the wife: It's proved!

How many 'non-Bar Girls' do you know / have you seen, with a tattoo, that is not easy to hide??

Several.

That's another stupid assumption

Well i wouldnt marry a girl who was covered in tatoos ,she may be a hi so Thai Chinese with lots of money ,but i doubt it living here in Pattaya the ones covered in tatoos tend to be the bar workers ,i live on an estate of what i would say consist mainly of Thais with a fair income and i have never seen one of them adult or youngsters sporting a tatoo (mind you none of the ladies have exposed their backs or hidden bits to mesmile.png )

To be honest ,its the same with farangs ,when i see them walking down beach road in their shorts and cut away vests covered in tatoos i rarely think "oh he looks like a high class holiday maker ,must be a one of those city types ,I mean, do you ever think that ?"

I'm glad my tattoos make me low class despite the three college degrees and a multi-million baht salary.

Personally I don't judge anyone until I get to know them.

Not directed at you, but some of the worst scum bags on earth inhabit the high rise suites of Wall Street, have multiple degrees, huge salaries and wear suits, and I have no idea if they have tats.

Many of them are women and I'd take a bar girl in Pattaya over any one of them. Just sayin'.

like you would have a choice.

• Like 1

if you met your wife in a bar, park,club, beach, dosnt matter,

be happy,

jake

Is this a serious question? Of course it matters.

That is really a ridiculously idealogical statement. If you met your wife in church as opposed to a brothel, then it would be fair to assume who is more likely to be trustworthy, reliable, etc thumbsup.gif

Sorry, but I can't let that go.

Churches are full of "Sunday Christians" or hypocrytes. How many have sold all that they hath and given the money to the poor? Wanna guess?

I would not put much stock in the fact that people go to church, unless I knew them to be a good person by other means.

GW goes to church, and did he abide by the commandment "THOU SHALT NOT KILL"?

who should worry about commandment anyway The Sunday Christian are hypocryte already, they break 1 law of god that roman church happy to change for them about sundayrolleyes.gif

Well i wouldnt marry a girl who was covered in tatoos ,she may be a hi so Thai Chinese with lots of money ,but i doubt it living here in Pattaya the ones covered in tatoos tend to be the bar workers ,i live on an estate of what i would say consist mainly of Thais with a fair income and i have never seen one of them adult or youngsters sporting a tatoo (mind you none of the ladies have exposed their backs or hidden bits to mesmile.png )

To be honest ,its the same with farangs ,when i see them walking down beach road in their shorts and cut away vests covered in tatoos i rarely think "oh he looks like a high class holiday maker ,must be a one of those city types ,I mean, do you ever think that ?"

I'm glad my tattoos make me low class despite the three college degrees and a multi-million baht salary.

Not directed at you, but some of the worst scum bags on earth inhabit the high rise suites of Wall Street, have multiple degrees, huge salaries and wear suits, and I have no idea if they have tats.

Many of them are women and I'd take a bar girl in Pattaya over any one of them. Just sayin'.

biggrin.png

who should worry about commandment anyway The Sunday Christian are hypocryte already, they break 1 law of god that roman church happy to change for them about sunday

I can't imagine anyone here wants to hear about that tingtong

Amen brother, at least as far as long-term real relationship goes.

But if one of them wanted to pay me to be their sex toy for a couple grand a night I'm their Deuce Bigelow!

And you would of course. Perhaps your home is best with the bar girl? Perhaps you never get any you don't pay for? Perhaps that's why you're banished to what you've become? :)

None of the women I meet speak a word of English, unless they previously worked as a sex worker.

And that's including ladies in government schools that are employed as English teachers .... not a word. .

Come on Tommo don't lose your credibility mate, you know that's not true.

Tommo has credibility? blink.png

I've heard it all now coffee1.gif

Edited by theblether
  • Like 2

ANSWER: the majority of bars is Thailand are selling sex. Would you marry a prostitute in your own country???

djbarry

cheesy.gif

• Like 1

djbarry

cheesy.gif

I think I'll join you

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

• Like 1

Sometimes it's better to not have a choice coffee1.gif

Good Point - So i'm correct in the assumption that all falangs think because you have an Asiatic wife you met under less selubiuos circumstances.

This sterio type is a hard one to crush in the western world no matter how hard you try.

Unlucky, as soon, there are tattoos to spot on the wife: It's proved!

How many 'non-Bar Girls' do you know / have you seen, with a tattoo, that is not easy to hide??

Several.

That's another stupid assumption

Because you have meet them somewhere else, as in a bar, means not, that they've never been bar girls, before!

Actually, the few Thai ladies with tattoos, for sure never been bar girls / sex workers (as sure, as someone can be, in Thailand) had this tattoos not on body parts, they can't hide before the family, without dressing totally 'conservative'!

Arm, shoulder, breast, neck, lower back, legs, all tabu for them. Usually everithing outside the 'very private' area: no place for a tattoo in a 'good girl family', in Thailand

But maybe the mother of your non bar girl is having tattoos too. Shouldn't be a problem then, for the daughter, 'without' working in the bar!

Also it's no assuming, it's simple statistics!

Edited by noob7
  • Like 1

Numbers man, numbers ! You've said the magic word, it's only a matter of seconds before the "got a link for that" crowd arrives. Better back that up with at least 10 credible feminist studies or you're toast.

Sometimes (but not always) I think I'd rather have a financial transaction than a romantic one. Not the bar girl deal from the bar, just someone who gets it and whose parents get it.

I think there are guys in rural Isaan with such a transaction. They provide something the girl and the family want, and they get what they want.

Am I wrong about that?

No one gets heartbroken and everyone understands the deal. I wouldn't argue with anyone who said that just another type of hooking, but then it's still a choice. I'd never buy cars, houses or buffalo, but a reasonable amount of support in exchange for an easy lifestyle and... Well, for me it's worth considering.

Numbers man, numbers ! You've said the magic word, it's only a matter of seconds before the "got a link for that" crowd arrives. Better back that up with at least 10 credible feminist studies or you're toast.

We're still writing on this one!

But still have to think about the words, that the 'my Thai wife has minimum one almost at all times visible tattoo, but never worked as a sex worker herself' people can't twist them around.

But till then: Any discussion about girls with 2 or more tattoos? Or can we say, with more than one tattoo: Sex worker, once?

Coming back to o.P.:

Actually, it isn't really a big deal, is it?

It's probably the easiest way, to marry a Thai lady!

Edited by noob7

I believe a definate maximum measured area covered with tattoos as the indication of a BG is needed. Perhaps the bidding starts at 9cm^2 ? (Yeah I know some savages still don't use SI units, google it).

The color also must matter. Scarlet is a dead giveaway, of course. In fact. aren't birthmarks just genetic tattoo's. I'm starting to get the idea behind the Coroner's Special porcelain skin.

But how then can you verify the lack of tramp stamps, as with a good girl you won't even be sleeping in the same room before married ? Oh the shame of it, finding a butterfly on the back in wedding night. Drives a man straight to his mia noi's, surely.

Very complex it is, this Asian culture, mmmmmm...

I believe a definate maximum measured area covered with tattoos as the indication of a BG is needed. Perhaps the bidding starts at 9cm^2 ? (Yeah I know some savages still don't use SI units, google it).

The color also must matter. Scarlet is a dead giveaway, of course. In fact. aren't birthmarks just genetic tattoo's. I'm starting to get the idea behind the Coroner's Special porcelain skin.

But how then can you verify the lack of tramp stamps, as with a good girl you won't even be sleeping in the same room before married ? Oh the shame of it, finding a butterfly on the back in wedding night. Drives a man straight to his mia noi's, surely.

Yup......complex indeed.....here's my lady

487207_458038534234474_489771726_n.jpg

Degree educated and working as a restaurant manager and ye gods!! ( well I suppose ye Buddha!! ) she has a tattoo on her left thigh !!!

Modern Thai women, just who do they think they are eh? coffee1.gif

Degree educated and working as a restaurant manager and ye gods!! ( well I suppose ye Buddha!! ) she has a tattoo on her left thigh !!!

I couldn't have said it better myself.

It must be the shoes.

Edit you can't quotes thumbnails

Edited by Scully

@rob...... Yup.....that's her.

@scully.......Guess shoes, she's obsessed with the Guess shop at Central Plaza, never out of it. We were there on Saturday and we met one of her pals that had just spent 40,000 baht on various items. Her pal owns a big farm, 34 years old, looks after Mum and Dad, she's single and worth a fortune.

There are thousands / nay millions of Thai women out there who have now chosen a modern lifestyle. They can see what's on offer in other countries and they keep up to date with all the fashion trends including gadzooks.......tattoos!! blink.png

Some guys here need to re-evaluate what they know about Thai women, every day that passes the country is getting richer and richer, women are becoming more educated, wealthier and independent, and it's the guys, including the Thai guys, that need to up their game.

Some guys here need to re-evaluate what they know about Thai women, every day that passes the country is getting richer and richer, women are becoming more educated, wealthier and independent, and it's the guys, including the Thai guys, that need to up their game.

Or not.

It's amazing how many times posts here make me think they're confirming my preferences, make me so happy I:

- rent not buy

- don't live in P-town

and now, avoid girls that aren't rural and poor.

The "game" might still be a moving target, but at least it's moving at a reasonable pace up which with which I can keep 8-)

I'm sure they're very nice and all, but even if these wealthy modern girls would touch my barge pole I honestly don't think I would bother, IMO just as much trouble as the lot back home.

• Like 1

Or not.

It's amazing how many times posts here make me think they're confirming my preferences, make me so happy I:

- rent not buy

- don't live in P-town

and now, avoid girls that aren't rural and poor.

The "game" might still be a moving target, but at least it's moving at a reasonable pace up which with which I can keep 8-)

I'm sure they're very nice and all, but even if these wealthy modern girls would touch my barge pole I honestly don't think I would bother, IMO just as much trouble as the lot back home.

Fair comment......I like partners that are my equals and you don't. Each to their own. wai.gif

@rob...... Yup.....that's her.

@scully.......Guess shoes, she's obsessed with the Guess shop at Central Plaza, never out of it. We were there on Saturday and we met one of her pals that had just spent 40,000 baht on various items. Her pal owns a big farm, 34 years old, looks after Mum and Dad, she's single and worth a fortune.

There are thousands / nay millions of Thai women out there who have now chosen a modern lifestyle. They can see what's on offer in other countries and they keep up to date with all the fashion trends including gadzooks.......tattoos!! blink.png

Indeed. Some people make ridiculous statements that only BG's or prostitutes have tattoos. I was in Central Airport Plaza yesterday and in about 3 hours time I noticed perhaps 120 ladies with tattoos. Age ranged from about 19 up to mid 40's. Many had tattoos on their arms, shoulders, legs, etc. Think of how many had them that were not visible! Many girls in their early 20's had tattoos on their legs. They were there with their young boyfriends with their full ear lobe ear rings and tattoos-- fashionable stuff... A number of the ladies were there with their husbands and children.

Thailand has been Westernizing for many years now. Things are different. Maybe 15 years ago only prostitutes had tattoos.

If you want to see BG's with tattoos, just check out Home Pro C.M. or Central mall in Phuket, where you will see older farangs shopping with their ex-BG wives from Issan, some covered in tattoos. They are easy to spot.

• Like 1

Fair comment......I like partners that are my equals and you don't. Each to their own. wai.gif

Oh don't worry the keepers are not only my equals but far surpass me in many many areas.

However I believe you can't find everything you want in one package - or at least I can't - so you've got to prioritize, and for me personally you're absolutely right, wealth, social status and formal education are pretty far down the list. Plus I do highly value inexperience, and I reckon that girl on the escalator's going to be hitting her sell-by a bit earlier than mine as well. The rich Daddies aren't quite so willing to part with their little university-bound darlings as the dirt-poor upcountry Somchais whose daughter dropped out at 12 to work on the farm, or just as likely construction sites hoisting bricks up five stories of bamboo. (Wow did that one have nice gams!)

Edited by BigJohnnyBKK

yes, home pro etc in phuket its like a retired issan bargirl reunion, tattoos, bargirl/farang pidgeon language, warms the cockles of my heart, they have retired and are enjoying the fruits of their labours earnt on their backs.

no different in the issan, its a convention of , suv vehicles, tattoos, pidgeon language, farangs with sour faces, warms the cockles of my heart, they have retired to the countryside waiting for that farang to pass on, so the old or potential thai male partner can step out of the shadows, so they can both enjoy the fruits of her labour earnt on her back.

• Like 1

Thailand has been Westernizing for many years now. Things are different. Maybe 15 years ago only prostitutes had tattoos.

I certainly agree with the not-all-tattoo-wearing-girls-are-hookers thought, but personally I still disqualify on that basis, as well as any other signs of modernity.

But note that a country's population accepting (some) incoming fashions isn't necessarily "Westernizing" is it?

In fact the whole idea of tattoos isn't exactly indigenous to our home culture is it? there's a reason we old fogey's associate them with sailors. . .

The world is homogenizing to some extent, but only superficially, and becoming wealthier over time is definitely not a "Western" cultural thing "they" are importing from "us" - globalizing capital has no home country 8-)

Your final op in January isn't it mate? rolleyes.gif