Best Drinks In Walking Street?

media

We have some friends staying from US for a week so I did my yearly tourist trip to Walking st for some drinks and show them the local entertainment

My friends like Vodka & Gin, (I personally usually refrain on ordering spirits in tourist zones - disappointing drinks served in a small glass full of ice and not a enough spirit high prices.

We stopped for a drink or two in 7 different go go bars. We found that there are a few bars actually serving good drinks!

Heavens above = slightly small glass but ok drinks.

Diamond Go Go = Very disappointing drinks, I will never order spirits here again if I actually return, based on the ugly dancers probably not)

WhatsUP go go = very small dumpy glasses loads of ice, tiny drink, lasted about 1 minute. (not good value for money) By the way this was the busiest bar we went in all night! it was Packed!? Drinks were slightly more expensive there too.

Angel Witch = Disappointing. Nasty Gilbeys GIN !!! 290 baht bottle - this was the only go go that we were served Gilbeys Gin all night

Iron Club = Good size glass, good measures, Good Gin and Vodka. The best drinks we had all night.

Baccara Club = Good drinks, second best all night nice dancers too and comfortable seating.

Super Baby go go = tiny glass, had to send the drinks back could not taste any alcohol.

So if you like Gin & Tonic or Vodka we found that the best places that you can actually get a good drink were Iron club & Baccara

Anyone know any others? we are going back out again in a few days !

I admire your thoroughness, but if you're going into these bars making notes on the quality and strength of the G&T's then I reckon you're missing the raison d'tre of these establishments.

There's loads of places in Pattaya to get a G&T at a good price, and some where I imagine you can select the brand used, but go-go's are meeting a different customer experience.

• Like 1

I admire your thoroughness, but if you're going into these bars making notes on the quality and strength of the G&T's then I reckon you're missing the raison d'tre of these establishments.

There's loads of places in Pattaya to get a G&T at a good price, and some where I imagine you can select the brand used, but go-go's are meeting a different customer experience.

welcome to rip off walking street, there is no reason it needs to be like this, perhaps if they revised their prices and measures they might actually get some customers to come back, lived in pattaya almost 9 years and used to go to WS all the time, haven't been there now for going on 2 years, soi 6 not far behind it along with a few other rip off areas.

• Like 1

welcome to rip off walking street, there is no reason it needs to be like this, perhaps if they revised their prices and measures they might actually get some customers to come back, lived in pattaya almost 9 years and used to go to WS all the time, haven't been there now for going on 2 years, soi 6 not far behind it along with a few other rip off areas.

I think catering to the pattaya expat was not included in their business plan from day one.
  • Like 1

WS is for newbie tourists. Since I'm an expat I rarely go there(twice a month max). Prices are silly in most of the gogos and bars. And not only that I have to wade through all the huge tourists crowds of Indians and Russians. I head elsewhere for a good time.

Edited by meatballs
  • Like 1

WS is for newbie tourists. Since I'm an expat I rarely go there(twice a month max). Prices are silly in most of the gogos and bars. And not only that I have to wade through all the huge tourists crowds of Indians and Russians. I head elsewhere for a good time.

Where are the better go-go's in Pattaya than say Baccara, What's Up and Alcatraz ?

These places are very popular, with visitors, expats, citizens etc. for good reason. I've rarely seen Baccara and WU anything less than packed - even during the low season. I also don't think they are rip-offs - you get what you pay for 9 times out of 10 and they're still cheaper than similar venues in BKK.

• Like 1

Where are the better go-go's in Pattaya than say Baccara, What's Up and Alcatraz ?

These places are very popular, with visitors, expats, citizens etc. for good reason. I've rarely seen Baccara and WU anything less than packed - even during the low season. I also don't think they are rip-offs - you get what you pay for 9 times out of 10 and they're still cheaper than similar venues in BKK.

why is it people always make comparisons with BKK Phuket etc and declare it must be ok because it's cheaper (and I'd question that anyway) the reality is that BKK is simply a bigger rip off - none of them are priced as they should be, pricing here has gotten out of control and eventually it's going to bite back if not already, walking street has lost it's appeal with anyone I know and that includes people here on holiday, the problem is it takes a while for reality to kick in, WS relies on it's trade from mostly newbies that don't know they are paying way over the odds for drink and food, it just takes a while to sink in. This 3rd world country that has lost it's direction through corruption greed and political strife - it will eventually catch all up.

This 3rd world country that has lost it's direction through corruption greed and political strife - it will eventually catch all up.

Right w00t.gif

I'd try going to LK Metro. A lot of those I know go to Champagne a-go-go seems popular. The Office not too bad either from all accounts

Some of the go-go bars off beach road, like soi 8. drinks are cheaper. Lady drinks are cheaper too, but I've no idea on spirits, especially as I rarely go to a-go-go bars, but friends do obviously talk about them.

I don't know about spirits, as I very rarely drink them. I've lived here for over 10 years and I don't think Walking Street is a rip off. If you're a beer drinker most bars have a cheap draught for around 65 baht (some bars cheaper some more expensive), and bottled beer is usually around 125 baht. OK more than you would pay in a beer bar, but you're getting much better entertainment. As for food, just wander into soi 15 and you will find Khow Man Gai for 30 baht or Khow Phat Moo for 50 baht. Not expensive methinks! As for Soi LK Metro, none of the gogos there could hold a candle to the WS gogos. The only exception might be Queen Club, but that's because it has the same owners as Iron Club and uses the same girls and shows.

For me Walking Street is the best place to be, for newbies and expats alike. Discuss.

I don't know about spirits, as I very rarely drink them. I've lived here for over 10 years and I don't think Walking Street is a rip off. If you're a beer drinker most bars have a cheap draught for around 65 baht (some bars cheaper some more expensive), and bottled beer is usually around 125 baht. OK more than you would pay in a beer bar, but you're getting much better entertainment. As for food, just wander into soi 15 and you will find Khow Man Gai for 30 baht or Khow Phat Moo for 50 baht. Not expensive methinks! As for Soi LK Metro, none of the gogos there could hold a candle to the WS gogos. The only exception might be Queen Club, but that's because it has the same owners as Iron Club and uses the same girls and shows.

For me Walking Street is the best place to be, for newbies and expats alike. Discuss.

"For me Walking Street is the best place to be, for newbies and expats alike. Discuss."

The best place to be for what?

I havent been in a go go bar in years, for the simple reason, the music usually sucks, and isnt helped by the fact its usually compressed mp3 played through a cheap ass sound system.

Then again go go bars arent the first choice of people who want to listen to music, in much the same way I wouldnt go to a seafood restaurant if I wanted to eat a steak.

Personally for me, Leos is the place to be, good music, hassle free, and it doesnt attract <deleted> tourists.

Personally for me, Leos is the place to be, good music, hassle free, and it doesnt attract <deleted> tourists.

Pathetic comment - nothing wrong with WS and other areas, attracting visitors that are only staying a few days, or a bit longer.

I'm with eyebee, a lot of the bars and go-go's on WS are great and I like the fact that a few more decent venues have opened-up over the last year or two. I just wish I could get a seat in some of the more popular places on a regular basis.

LK Metro is great an all, with quite a lot of good go-go's opening-up and vying with Champagne for top spot. I get the impression that some of the venues are struggling to get enough staff though. I was a in Oasis a couple of weeks ago around 7-8 pm, I've always like going there - I think its a really well-run venue but boy could they do with some new staff IMO.

For me, best places are still Baccara and WU - I've always found Angelwitch over-rated. Iron club seemed to start-out OK but has gone down-hill a bit.

Best place off WS is Tim Bar for a number of different reasons.

Pathetic comment - nothing wrong with WS and other areas, attracting visitors that are only staying a few days, or a bit longer.

I'm with eyebee, a lot of the bars and go-go's on WS are great and I like the fact that a few more decent venues have opened-up over the last year or two. I just wish I could get a seat in some of the more popular places on a regular basis.

LK Metro is great an all, with quite a lot of good go-go's opening-up and vying with Champagne for top spot. I get the impression that some of the venues are struggling to get enough staff though. I was a in Oasis a couple of weeks ago around 7-8 pm, I've always like going there - I think its a really well-run venue but boy could they do with some new staff IMO.

For me, best places are still Baccara and WU - I've always found Angelwitch over-rated. Iron club seemed to start-out OK but has gone down-hill a bit.

Best place off WS is Tim Bar for a number of different reasons.

"nothing wrong with WS and other areas, attracting visitors that are only staying a few days, or a bit longer.'

Agreed, however I wasnt referring to normal visitors or tourists, I was referring to <deleted> tourists.

I appreciate you and I may have differing opinions as to what a "<deleted> tourist" is.

Heres mine, shirtless tattooed wonders, guys walking around in speedos, the idiots racing up and down Sul rd on motorbikes as if its their own personal racetrack, cheap charlies walking round slurping big Changs through a straw, first time visitors groping and pawing the women as if they are a piece of meat, the madness of Songkran and the idiots it attracts, some call it progress, but Songkran wasnt like that years ago.

"Best place off WS is Tim Bar for a number of different reasons."

Cant say I have ever been in it, please enlighten me, I am not looking for comapny, I dont want to be hassled for lady drinks, I dont want rip off prices,watered down spirits or short measures, I dont want to be subjected to a my shit dont stink attitude, I dont want to listen to crap music.

If the place you mention meets the above I will be more than happy to give it a go, personally I am a creature of habit, I tend to use the same tried and tested places, so always happy to be pointed to other places that offer what I need.