Chiang Rai Flower Festival

pomchop

• 1 month later...

My wife told me today about another flower festival,at the same time-schould be in the park down at the river-where people are going to Songkran-dont remember the name of it.

She say that she have seen it on the big banners in town.

I have tried to look around the internet-nothing.

Some one who knows about this and can give further information about it.

My wife told me today about another flower festival,at the same time-schould be in the park down at the river-where people are going to Songkran-dont remember the name of it.

She say that she have seen it on the big banners in town.

I have tried to look around the internet-nothing.

Some one who knows about this and can give further information about it.

There is a second flower show put on by Chiang Rai Municipality on the site of the old prison, in town. It will be opened by Governor Wanchai on Friday evening (14th December) and is purported to run until February though the closing date is not clear. On some nights it will also feature "Music in the Park" at the same site.

Enjoy

AjarnP

Speaking of flowers anyone notice that the nurseries this year don't seem to have hardly any chaba/hibiscus or fung fai/ bougainvilla compared to normal....of course many have the big bougainvilla but i am talking about the standard 30 baht ones in the little plastic bags...

Past two years there were tons of them in all the nurseries and this year hard to find....

Took the wife and kids to the opening day of the flower festival yesterday. Very disappointing... the ratio of space for thai food and markets to actual was about 4-1. The range of exhibits was also pretty boring - I have seen better at Doi Tung.