Certified Passport Copy

Sydneycraig

My buddy is Oz and needed this for a banking transaction for a UK bank. Couldn't get this done at the HonCon in Phuket. Tried the Brittish HonCon (since UK Bank), but obviously he couldn't certify an Oz PP. He gave my friend the name of a local Oz lawyer who was able to notarize his PP. She is certified by the Oz courts.

Just rang my friend and he isn't answering. Probably still in bed. I will repost when I get her name. Or perhaps somebody else can help.

If urgent, give the Brit HonCon a ring and speak to his secretary and ask her for the name. I have a feeling they get lots of similar calls and will have it on hand. Good Luck.

Anybody know how much the British Embassy in Bangkok charges for doing a passport certification or if there are any cheaper alternatives in Bangkok? Would be a nice little earner for a Brit lawyer/accountant in BKK. Pity I didnt keep my Chartered Accountant's practising certificate when I retired. Even theapprox 2,500 baht I am guessing I will have to pay at the UK Embassy would be cheaper than the interest loss I will suffer on a maturing account for the several weeks it will take me before visiting the UK.

I need an officially certified ID (bank, lawyer, accountant, policeman etc) to open a new bank account in the UK with an existing bank. They seem to need to ID even their long-term customers every time a new account is open (regulation/fraud prevention gone mad).

I needed a statutory declaration witnessed for the Australian Tax Office.

The Phuket Australian Hon Consul was not certified to do this so he referred me to John Howard a registered Australian lawyer at Duensing Kippen at Cherngtalay. (Google for website)

sanuk

Edited by sanuk21