My Tot Internet In Ubon Is Turning Off At The Same Time Every Night For All Of The Night

KunMatt

Well, 3 days ago it fixed itself.

The end.

As this is TOT and no feedback or follow up is ever given, I've no idea what caused my village's problem or whether it will happen again tomorrow or the day after or the day after that...

Thanks TOT for the most frustrating and pathetic customer service I've yet to endure, most of your reps would be better off working for the Pizza Company. But thanks for fixing it however you did.

• 4 months later...

We live not far from ring road in kham yai and we can't even get connected to TOT internet we have been trying to connect to all the internet providers without success..

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

We live not far from ring road in kham yai and we can't even get connected to TOT internet we have been trying to connect to all the internet providers without success..

You are not missing much. Get a lifecoffee1.gif

You are not missing much. Get a lifecoffee1.gif

Says the man posting on the internet at 4am.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

I still have problem with TOT Internet sporadically but mostly at night time. My home is not too far from YES school. I also gave up on calling customer service to report the problem since it didnn't seem to make any difference.

If the internet is out for more than 2 days then I'd make a call to the technician who installed the equipment in my home & charged me 600B extra and told me that I shouldn't have any more problem with internet any more. So any time I need it fixed I'd call him & give him 24 hours to fix it otherwise I'll march in TOT Wanarom office & demand to speak to the manager.

The manager and I had a talk since I was a brand new customer & had to wait several days before the service is working.

To sum up, I just tolerate TOT :P

I still have problem with TOT Internet sporadically but mostly at night time. My home is not too far from YES school. I also gave up on calling customer service to report the problem since it didnn't seem to make any difference.

If the internet is out for more than 2 days then I'd make a call to the technician who installed the equipment in my home & charged me 600B extra and told me that I shouldn't have any more problem with internet any more. So any time I need it fixed I'd call him & give him 24 hours to fix it otherwise I'll march in TOT Wanarom office & demand to speak to the manager.

The manager and I had a talk since I was a brand new customer & had to wait several days before the service is working.

To sum up, I just tolerate TOT tongue.png

I was the OP of this thread and (unbelievably?) I still have the problem I described 8 months ago! I thought it had been fixed at first because it used to turn off and on like clockwork at the same time everyday but instead it now usually drops off around 11pm and works again by the morning, so I just plan around that and make sure I do all my downloading before the routine downtime.

I have narrowed it down to an ADSL line problem due to their ISP being down for a whole weekend and I could still see the ADSL light drop on and off in the same pattern at the same time my net usually goes off nightly, which means that the ISP is not causing this issue as I was not connected to the ISP for a few days and the fault remained.

TOT technical support and customer service are useless and, as I said 8 months ago, because they never follow up on any issue they never know if it has been rectified and I never know if they have worked on it and if they consider it fixed. It doesn't help either of us that the Ubon technician doesn't work nights (or Sundays) as he is never at work to see my fault They also refuse to give me his telephone number and any time he calls me the number he uses is unreachable to call back on. I now only call 1100 when I have a different problem like when the ISP is down and during that call I will inform them that I still have the problem from 8 months ago and they say they will pass it onto their tech and we all carry on with nothing being done about it. The most frustrating thing is having a customer support rep who refuses to say anything outside of the script in front of them, so when I ask them a question they just parrot back the same line 5 times until I give up asking. The whole situation is a joke really.

At some point soon I have to go to the TOT office to setup a direct debit so I will put a complaint in at the same time, but judging how inept their support has been in the last 8 months I don't expect any real investigation and resolution to happen.

The thing is there isn't any other provider where we live, but also I get 8000kbps during the daytime with TOT and it never drops out. If they could just find out why my line drops out at night time and fix it then the service would be perfect.

To sum up, I just tolerate TOT :P

I was the OP of this thread and (unbelievably?) I still have the problem I described 8 months ago! I thought it had been fixed at first because it used to turn off and on like clockwork at the same time everyday but instead it now usually drops off around 11pm and works again by the morning, so I just plan around that and make sure I do all my downloading before the routine downtime.

I have narrowed it down to an ADSL line problem due to their ISP being down for a whole weekend and I could still see the ADSL light drop on and off in the same pattern at the same time my net usually goes off nightly, which means that the ISP is not causing this issue as I was not connected to the ISP for a few days and the fault remained.

TOT technical support and customer service are useless and, as I said 8 months ago, because they never follow up on any issue they never know if it has been rectified and I never know if they have worked on it and if they consider it fixed. It doesn't help either of us that the Ubon technician doesn't work nights (or Sundays) as he is never at work to see my fault They also refuse to give me his telephone number and any time he calls me the number he uses is unreachable to call back on. I now only call 1100 when I have a different problem like when the ISP is down and during that call I will inform them that I still have the problem from 8 months ago and they say they will pass it onto their tech and we all carry on with nothing being done about it. The most frustrating thing is having a customer support rep who refuses to say anything outside of the script in front of them, so when I ask them a question they just parrot back the same line 5 times until I give up asking. The whole situation is a joke really.

At some point soon I have to go to the TOT office to setup a direct debit so I will put a complaint in at the same time, but judging how inept their support has been in the last 8 months I don't expect any real investigation and resolution to happen.

The thing is there isn't any other provider where we live, but also I get 8000kbps during the daytime with TOT and it never drops out. If they could just find out why my line drops out at night time and fix it then the service would be perfect.

OP...I hear what you are saying about all the mundane/useless procedures with their customer services and I also had no other choice besides TOT at that time. Now even if I had other choice I'm skeptical if it'd be even worse. So I'm sticking with them for the time being.

It sounds to me like your problem is very frustrating and very strange. If I were you once I'm at their office I'd demand to speak to the manager at that branch and if they still try to give me the run around then i'll just ask for their higher up's contact info. Also document all the involved staffs' names so you can record this incident efficiently. I know it sounds a bit complicated but I'd like to let them know that I intend to get to the bottom of this. But that's just me. lol. Good luck to you!

• 2 months later...

Maybe someone in your area is turning off a generator at night that boosts the signal someplace.

That's not it, his ADSL light would turn off if it is.

No, that is what happens. I have a line fault. The internet is 100% rock solid throughout the day and I get 10MBs at all times, but at night usually around 7pm or 8pm the internet will slow right down, stop, the internet light goes off, the ADSL light goes off, then it re-dials, the internet light comes back on and the internet works for about 10 seconds before it stops again and the ADSL line goes off and then re-dials. This happens for the whole night until about 7am or 8am. I don't know if it because when more users are on the network the power of my lines drops, or if TOT drop the power but I definitely have a line fault. It's the only logical explanation I can think of, I don't think it is a repeater problem or the fault would occur during the day and not at regular times, the only reason I can think of which would make it a timed fault is the amount of users on at peak time or TOT deliberately dropping the power at peak time.

So I have now had this issue for 11 months. That does sound quite incredible for such a simple line fault but it is purely all down to TOT's lousy support process.

Here's what I think the reason is, in order of likelihood;

1. The TOT tech is so grossly incompetent.

2. My fault will cost more than it is worth for TOT to repair.

3. TOT have no idea what the fault is.

The reason I think the top reason is that the tech is incompetent is because he has been to our village 3 times in the last 6 months to fault find, and it costs TOT at least 500 baht in fuel each time, plus the time of their tech to spend a day fault finding, so if they wanted to save money they would not keep sending him out into the sticks to look for the same fault each time and not fix it. This is made worse because every time he comes here he just disappears at the end of the day without telling us anything and never does any follow up call to check if the fault is rectified. So I then call him a couple of days later and he says he thought the problem was fixed and the process starts over again.

It is this lack of simple follow up to check with the customer if the work TOT has done has fixed the problem or not which is the reason that this has been ongoing for 11 months. Just one call to ask "did what I just do fix it? No, OK let me try something else, how about now?" and this would've been solved a year ago.

So after literally 50 calls to the hotline in English and Thai, several calls to TOT complaints line, 3 personal visits to the TOT office manager and many calls to the TOT office to talk to the manager, I am in exactly the same predicament I was in since last November and it's all because TOT are one of the most pathetic companies for technical support I have ever worked with. If I was this bad at my job I would've been fired after the first few weeks, but here it's all lies and cover ups instead of just doing the job like a professional and providing the service I have been paying them for every month despite only being able to use the internet for half the time.

The reason they don't care is because there are not enough people in this village to make a stand and I need them more then they need me. There is no other provider here so if I threaten to stop paying them until they fix this fault, they will just say "Good" and that's the issue solved for them.

At the moment their solution for my ADSL line problem is for me is to upgrade to a 25MBs Fibre Optic line and to pay all the costs! It just shows their attitude and commitment to solving my problem. Given their pathetic service I have endured there is no way I am upgrading.

If True suddenly provided a Fibre Optic service in my village I would gladly dump TOT and pay twice the amount I'm paying now for a different provider. But it is what it is, at least I have decent internet in the daytime!!

Still curious if anyone has ever had a fault like this before?

Hi Matt; I had the same problem about 18 months ago, loose the connection at 5.30 - 6 pm and would come back about 7.30 am every day for about three months. At that time TOT were up grading the internet connections for the local school and installed a new mother board out the front of that school,after my line was connected to that board I no longer had the night time drop outs.

• Like 1

Hi Matt; I had the same problem about 18 months ago, loose the connection at 5.30 - 6 pm and would come back about 7.30 am every day for about three months. At that time TOT were up grading the internet connections for the local school and installed a new mother board out the front of that school,after my line was connected to that board I no longer had the night time drop outs.

You're the first person I found on the whole of the internet who has the same timed night-time outtage that I am having and it's in Thailand and with TOT. What's the common factor here??

So did you ever find out the reason for the line drop offs?

I'm probably going to jinx this but my net hasn't dropped out yet today since we called the big boss of Ubon TOT. My gf's friend had a long-term issue with Ubon TOT and was getting fobbed off and lied to for months just like we've been getting and eventually she made it up to the big boss and he sorted the problem in 1 day. She gave us his number, we called him this afternoon, 10 minutes later our ADSL went off for 10 mins like someone was working on it and since then it's been rock solid whereas yesterday it started to drop off at 4.30pm and was faulty until we called the hotline at 9am this morning to complain.

I honestly think that the fault is caused by something TOT are doing to manage the power of the line which affects our S/N of it and drops the connection during peak times. So many times this fault has been rectified 2 mins after calling the hotline during the Ubon tech's working shift after being off for 12 hours, so I believe that they are adjusting something on the line manually.

For the last month whenever we have spoken to the office they have just pushed the sale of the 25Mbs fibre optic line, and then lied to us about getting someone to call or fix our problem when we decline the upgrade so maybe they were using it as a way to force us to upgrade but the ironic thing is that if I had ay faith in TOT and their service I would've upgraded to their best system asap. This whole ordeal has been pathetic, shady and frustrating because you expect a big company like TOT to be more professional than a bunch of incompetent liars for a whole year.

Anyway, we'll see what happens tomorrow. 11pm is the usual danger zone when the internet drops off without fail no matter how it's been performing during the evening. Just for reference for whenever anybody else has the same problem in the future I will update here what the conclusion is.