Jasmine (Mali) Pests

MrBrad

For the longest time I have been trying to get rid of the little white flying insects that insist on taking up residence on my jasmine leaves. I don't see that they're really doing a whole lot of damage (or good), but I'd rather they be eliminated. I've tried a number of different pesticides, none of which has phased them in the least. I'm getting weary of buying another new chemical wonder-product only to have it fail in the merchant's claims to kill the pests. Any ideas? Thanks much.

post-55993-0-07768400-1352777391_thumb.j post-55993-0-04951400-1352777376_thumb.j post-55993-0-05363600-1352777406_thumb.j

I buy pesticide for termite treatment around the house in a 1 liter bottle and use a capful (from bottle) in about 2 gallon of water. In a garden sprayer I go after anything that offend me, ants, etc, we have some jasimine which I spray around, have never noticed anything attacking them.

Looking at the pictures the leaves have small brown spots that appear to have a puncture mark or darker spot in the middle. I have no idea what these bugs are but would be trying the old fashioned way of making them more uncomfortable. Soapy water first. White oil perhaps. I have a brewed weeds solution which will get ants to move out but havent tried it on foliage. Basically that contains a growth hormone from the weeds and is acidic. EMA is another that may work if these bugs are actually eating bacteria and fungus of the leaves and not the leaf. Wormcast or compost tea maybe.

You want to google the contents of these treatments. Many products have become illegal in Europe a long time ago, for good reason.You will also have to go to a lot of trouble to find a precise method of measuring out the dose.