Thanksgiving In Phuket

racyrick

Big Bill's Deli will be serving on Thursday the 22nd & Friday 23rd by reservation

We will only accept walk-ins if table not reserved already.

Dinner will be sit down Roast Tom Turkey and all the trimmings ,we will put an ad up with

more info by Friday. Dokmai- Flower Foods

Thanksgiving is the celebration of a good harvest. The Wampanoag Indians were guests at several of the harvest festivals in the beginning. The story of Native Americans keeping the settlers alive and being the basis for the holiday is a wives tale. However, that story has been told millions of times and still rings true with some.

I am a product of the public school system, so the above might be complete BSsmile.png

• Like 1

Not TRICKY at all , Thailand imports from USA Butterball & Norbest

We serve it on our Menu at BBD , all year long.

Our Turk-ado Sub , is awesome ,quoting some consumers !

See our Banner or see the Post for BigBill's Deli Thanksgiving Dinner info on this forum

• Like 1

As a non-American, is this holiday to remember how the native Americans kept alive the settlers by giving them food through the harsh winter?

As an American born and bred in Plymouth County, where the tradition has its roots, I have to say that your question makes me reflect on how bad the obesity epidemic in my country has become.

I was shocked last time I went home and took my daughter to Disneyworld, where people who aren't really disabled now go from attraction to attraction by golf cart simply because they are so obese.

I think the American public's relationship with food has gone 180 degrees: from struggling to avoid starvation to over-consumption due to a surfeit of mass-produced, fat- and salt-laden garbage.

Although Thanksgiving was my favorite holiday when I lived in the states I have no inclination to indoctrinate my half-Thai daughter with the annual rite of gluttony.

In fact, and this might sound heretical, perhaps we should take a page out of the Muslim playbook and begin to thank the lord for sustenance by fasting instead of feasting.

With three NFL football games on tap and a steady supply of beer who wants to deal with all that food preparation anyway?

I was shocked last time I went home and took my daughter to Disneyworld, where people who aren't really disabled now go from attraction to attraction by golf cart simply because they are so obese.

I can't remember if it was Disneyworld FL or Disneyland CA. But, a few years ago they had to replace all of the boats at the, It's a small, small world ride. The older boats could not handle the increased weight of the riders and they were sinking.

I can't remember if it was Disneyworld FL or Disneyland CA. But, a few years ago they had to replace all of the boats at the, It's a small, small world ride. The older boats could not handle the increased weight of the riders and they were sinking.

What more can you say?...even in the Thai restaurants over there the food is obscenely over-priced, inauthentic, bland and unhealthy....Of course it works both ways; all the "Thanksgiving dinners" I have tried over here have been big disappointments...if anyone can do fresh cranberry sauce (not that canned Ocean Spray crap) I am in though...

I'm gonna continue my turkey boycott and just hope the Pats can get by the Jets on the road...

Edited by phuketsub

Well , I love people who just can't let a Holiday be what it is ???

Happy Thanksgiving , worry about the CALORIC Count for

a New Year's Resolution !

post-152375-0-16490500-1353408095_thumb.

post-152375-0-17970200-1353408074.gif

I think you make my point for me better than I could myself...So are you gonna do real cranberry sauce or not?

http://savorysweetlife.com/2009/11/simple-and-amazing-cranberry-sauce-recipe/

Edited by phuketsub

Well........you are called "Big Bill" for a reason.

Or he BB is just proof that his food is good, really good. After that it's just about having a good and healthy ego.

Mikes%20E%20Book%20Volume1..jpg

Reindeer is an rare delicacy and mostly eaten at the very north of the country. Good, but quite often really heavy food. http://en.wikipedia....utéed_reindeer

Just cut up smaller pieces so you can lift the fork.

The lifting part is a good exercise, no problem with that. But once the food drops down to the stomach it will increase ones internal inertia more than physics allow.