Please Help With Visa Refused Australia Subclass 676

Australia and the UK are strictest on enforcing visitor visa rules from Thailand.

1.They want to be sure the visitor will return home.

2. The applicant isn't being trafficked.

The also probably need their application forms filled out in something other than SMSish.

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The applicant for the 676 visa did not meet the criteria for the issuance of the visa, she will have received a formal letter from DIAC detailing the reasons for refusal under the Migration Regulations. You should read the letter first, that is if your girlfriend mentioned it to you in the first instance.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yeah true I understand

I think the fact that she appears to wants to have a four month holiday would have rung alarm bells.

You/they she is unemployed, did she provide details of how she supported herself before you came on the scene?

I honestly think you need to take a step back and put yourself in their shoes, what decision would you have honestly made given the facts you have described?

Yeah I Duno how I miss calculated that 1 that's my fup bout 4 month thing

Bout employment she use to have a salon but went pearshaped and now unemployed looking for work dunno how true but lost job 1 month before I came on the seen and yes I can see from they'r point it didn't look like a verry good app sad.png((

tumblr_lc9671tgpV1qzfg7po1_500.jpg

Nah doubt it's old mate mik who's jumped.

I read your link, it's so shocking to read how many jump to their deaths especially around pattaya. I mean if you can't get over your partner leaving you in a place like pattaya.

I will never uunderstand.

Anyone know how many jumpers each year in Thailand ?

Mind you ... the statement about the matching tattoos did raise an eyebrow ... rolleyes.gif

why does matching tattoos raise eyebrows? my idea on first trip then half way through the second hers but was neva mentiond on the app

just wondering

You wanna know the truth? It's because it makes you both look like immature boobs, having just met & getting tattooed. Please note, I'm not calling you an immature boob, I don't even know you. But that's how it would look to a consular official reviewing the documentary evidence.

Secondly, there's no way to tell from the photo if it's a real tattoo or a fake. It would carry no weight as evidence.

You're really barking up the wrong tree... The point here is not your "genuine" relationship, but showing compelling evidence that she has a reason to return to Thailand. If anything, your undying love for her actually works against you. You are establishing a reason for her to not return.

The best suggestion I've seen thus far is for her to get a few other stamps in her passport. A quick trip to Singapore & back would show that she travels & knows how to return in keeping with the rules. You don't have to go with her; just send her a few bucks for a cheap ticket & a room. She can go with a gf, and then you only pay for 1/2 a room. Sometimes you can find very cheap flights to Hong Kong or Korea, for which she needs no visa.

The Oz official, seeing that she is an accomplished world traveler, always returning to Thailand as expected, would then be more favorably inclined.

being in contact over email phone Skype for 3 months should of made it clear she's not a random pole dancer

Not at all. Many a young lad has been passionately in love with a pole dancer for far longer than 3 months. Not indicting you or her, just presenting things from the perspective of the adjudicating official.

You told us your story mik, then closed the book before the end on us all.

Come back mik!

I sent a PM to the OP a couple of days ago ... awaiting a reply.

He hasn't been back on this site for some time though ...

• Like 1

I'll throw my learned opinion on this into the ring...

1. Suggesting to DIAC that you will 'sponsor' her during her trip will only raise the red flag further up the pole. You've known the girl entirely (at the time of application) a grand total of a month. DIAC is already thinking that she is a prostitute, that is just stoking the fire.

Further to that, you may be suspected of being her pimp and that you're bringing her over to Australia to 'see the sights' - i.e human trafficking.

No amount of 'visual' evidence is going to sway that opinion (keeping in mind the length of time you have been 'together'), I would say it only adds to their already suspicious minds

2. Suggestions to apply for the 'Prospective Marriage Visa (Subclass 300) are ridiculous given 1. The amount of time these 2 kids of have been 'together' and 2. The OP has limited funds.

The end result being: The OP out of pocket $A2,680 and a refusal from DIAC

I'd be of the opinion that by now the OP's infatuation with this "I'm not a bar girl from Isaan living Pattaya" bar girl in Pattaya has either wained or he's moved onto the next "I'm not a bar girl from Isaan living in Pattaya" bar girl in Pattaya.

Let's be honest it would be a better way to spend $A2,680 :P

• Like 1

You told us your story mik, then closed the book before the end on us all.

Come back mik!

I sent a PM to the OP a couple of days ago ... awaiting a reply.

He hasn't been back on this site for some time though ...

Don't give up on the OP just yet.

He replied to my PM and indicated that he will reply here shortly ... thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

Don't give up on the OP just yet.

He replied to my PM and indicated that he will reply here shortly ... thumbsup.gif

David,

He's a cyber Buddhist and re-incarnated himself as 'newby5'

wink.png

Mate ... you're probably right ... I just have more faith in humanity.

Have had the occasional stroll up the garden path ... but haven't been conned yet.

Everyone thought this guy lived under a bridge ... but in the end, proved them wrong.

BTW ... I reckon you must have the odd plane photo tucked away somewhere worth guessing?

BTW ... I reckon you must have the odd plane photo tucked away somewhere worth guessing?

I do have quite a few aviation photo's but will have to have a play around with photoshop in order to obscure them - otherwise they'll be too easy to guess...

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Mik's not coming back. He's been dudded for sure.

Mik, you can come back and tell us you've been scammed, and only a few will say, "I told you so", but it will be yet another warning, as if members needed one, that they must be super careful.

What are you going to do with that matching tattoo that spells "Nut(s)"

Not surprising. They must get loads of applications from lovesick tourists wanting to bring their holiday squeeze into the country.

Visit her again, build up a relationship over an extended period, be sure there is no one else and include a covering letter written in English, not teenage txt speak, and try again.

ok cool i have visited her 2 times and im sure theres no one else all emails r checked all phone calls r checked (i had her phone for 3 weeks while with her) so all is good and bout holiday squize iv been with her 1 and 1/2 month out of 5 so not realy a squieze and bout teenage language i only write here in a funny way cos im a migrant my self and the stat dec was prepared properly

not cracking tha shits but just saying all im here for is the best advice i can get and appreciate everyones opinion smile.png

Greetings Sir

I am an old guy so please give me a minute .I am not 100% sure I understand this post.Are you saying you have looked on her phone for numbers and checked her emails.In others words you have looked into her private affairs.In other words you do not trust her.If this is the case there is no future in this give it away now.If I have got this wrong I apologize

• 2 weeks later...

Re "A tourist visa application made in Thailand is not appellable."

That's true. Legislation is in place to prevent a decision being changed after it is made. However, I did appeal a decision in 2010, and was successful (apparently the only time it has ever happened.)