American Tourist Stabbed On Pattaya Beach.

donkeykong

A 44-year-old American tourist was assaulted and stabbed on Pattaya beach by a bar girl and who appeared to be her boyfriend early Saturday morning, police said.

Pol Maj Sirapop Sukkasi of Tambon Pattaya police station, said Tony Lindsey was severely injured during the attack at 2:30 am.

Lindsey suffered several knife wounds on his stomach, right side and right arm, Sirapop said. He was also hit at his face.

Sirapop quoted a witness as saying that he saw the American walking hand-in-hand from Soi 7 across the road to the beach.

While the two were sitting on the beach, a Thai man arrived at the scene on a motorcycle. The woman and man were then seen as assaulting the American with fists and knife before fleeing the scene on the motorcycle.

Sirapop said police had yet to interrogate Lindsey and police thought the woman might lure him to be robbed by her boyfriend at the beach.

The Nation

------

Maybe time for security cameras along Beach Road and Walking Street?

Edited by donkeykong

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Latest News Pattaya City News

Saturday 11th February 2006.

American Man Fighting for His Life After Late Night Knife Attack on Pattaya Beach.

A shocking case of a violent assault now from Soi 7 which has already made the National Press here in Thailand. Police Major Sirapop from Pattaya Police Station was called to Pattaya Beach Road at the front of Soi 7 in the early hours of Saturday morning to investigate an assault on an American tourist. The man who was rushed to the Pattaya Memorial Hospital was identified as Mr. Tony Lindsey aged 44 from America. He had sustained multiple stab wounds to his groin, stomach and right arm. He is now in a critical but stable condition in hospital and is now undergoing emergency surgery. Witnesses mentioned seeing the man walk down Soi 7 towards the beachfront with a female, thought to be a bar girl. A man approached on a motorbike and both the man and the woman began a vicious attack, which took place on the Beach promenade. A baht bus driver Khun Somkuan aged 45 saw the attack and took the badly injured man to hospital. The Thai man and woman fled on their orange coloured Yamaha Mio Motorbike. Police now have two theories regarding the attack. The first relates to the potential of a jealous attack from an ex-boyfriend of the bar girl and the second suggests the couple were working together and attacked the man in order to steal his possessions. The investigation continues.

2.30a.m. on Pattaya beach........not a good idea. :o

Maybe time for security cameras along Beach Road and Walking Street?

You didn`t know that big brother was already watching??

A security system of 60 cameras is already installed along Beach Rd and Walking St. :D

But is anybody watching? and are they switched on?

:D

I've seen the new traffic cop cameras above the corner of Pattaya Tai and 2nd Rd.

All they need to do now is attach them to a 'Golden Shot'-style crossbow that fires suction-cup arrows with traffic fines attached - carefully picking out falangs with no helmet.

:D:D:D:D

American Man Fighting for His Life After Late Night Knife Attack on Pattaya Beach.

A shocking case of a violent assault now from Soi 7 which has already made the National Press here in Thailand. Police Major Sirapop from Pattaya Police Station was called to Pattaya Beach Road at the front of Soi 7 in the early hours of Saturday morning to investigate an assault on an American tourist. The man who was rushed to the Pattaya Memorial Hospital was identified as Mr. Tony Lindsey aged 44 from America. He had sustained multiple stab wounds to his groin, stomach and right arm. He is now in a critical but stable condition in hospital and is now undergoing emergency surgery. Witnesses mentioned seeing the man walk down Soi 7 towards the beachfront with a female, thought to be a bar girl. A man approached on a motorbike and both the man and the woman began a vicious attack, which took place on the Beach promenade. A baht bus driver Khun Somkuan aged 45 saw the attack and took the badly injured man to hospital. The Thai man and woman fled on their orange coloured Yamaha Mio Motorbike. Police now have two theories regarding the attack. The first relates to the potential of a jealous attack from an ex-boyfriend of the bar girl and the second suggests the couple were working together and attacked the man in order to steal his possessions. The investigation continues.

baht bus driver Khun Somkuan aged 45 saw the attack and took the badly injured man to hospital

And the driver then made a sharp exit with the septics 20 without giving him the 15 baht change.

baht bus driver Khun Somkuan aged 45 saw the attack and took the badly injured man to hospital

And the driver then made a sharp exit with the septics 20 without giving him the 15 baht change.

Great observation about std bbdd.

Back to subject: Hang in there Tony. Could've been any of us...

dfwbkk

Like I previously said and everybodt got me wrong, it's not just about us, expats who learned the rules, ot's about tham tourist that has no clue about Thailand and get's kicked out of the bar at 1am, ripped by the baht bus driver, gem stone scams and etc...he doesn't know what's really going on. Life in Thailand, Mighty, is a beautiful one, as long as you stick to some rules and understand them deeply.

Hang in there Tony...I wish you a fast recovery

Romantic, barefoot, moonlit strolls along the sands of Pattaya Beach, should not be undertaken by those lovesick fools who can't distinguish the difference between the glint of lust in the girls eyes and the glare of danger. :o

Glint of lust in the girls eyes......do me a favour!!

Glint of $ £ yen baht rouble euro.......ah now where`s me deck chair?

Yeah, the driver should have take the rest of Tony's personal belongings and take off...the man did a great thing, probably something that more ignorants here wouldn't do, I would be very surprised if he actually got something in exchange for this service, I mean, come on, he actully saved the man's life...and are you still thinking about the baht bus "scam"? Come on...

:o:D

Speak for yourself.

It's obvious that your girls only feel the small size of your wallet when their hands explore inside your pants.

In my case, their hand....or should I say "both hands"....become entangled around the real object of their desire and it's this that brings out a flashing beam of lust in their eyes. :D

Did any of you in Pattaya look for the bus driver Khun Somkuan ? ... :D

Shouldn't you give the man some bath's for his good work ? :D

:D Or are you all Scottish or Dutch ? ... :D And you don't like to spend some money ?

Give the man a party ! There must be bar-owners on this forum :D. Bunch à @%$#*

As for the dumb American ... That seems to be the regular stupid *sshole.

Thinking that some bar-girls was hìs girl :D.

I feel sorry for him, but he was acting like a stupid sex-tourist.

And when you get careless, they will get you, anywhere on this planet ! Also in Amsterdam ...

Hahaha ... If I'd been there , I'd cut his throat with his own knife. This man was propably 120kg.and had no martial arts experience :D.

:o

Hahaha ... If I'd been there , I'd cut his throat with his own knife. This man was propably 120kg.and had no martial arts experience :D.

The American, the girl, the thief, or all of the above? :D

All good and well if you know what was coming - lad was sand bagged. Any rate don't under estimate a thai lad - seen many a hard man get his arse kicked.

:D Or are you all Scottish or Dutch ? ... :D And you don't like to spend some money ?

And when you get careless, they will get you, anywhere on this planet ! Also in Amsterdam ...

I haven't noticed any posters in the airport providing info for the sextourist, in case you haven't noticed, Thailand on many brochures of the travel agencies is categorized as being an erotic destination, the man was just uninformed, not stupid, probably he didn't thought to merry the girls, I think it was just a 3-4 days relationship before goig back home, I don't see what's so suspicious in walking on the street with a bg, do you?

Man, this could happen to any of us, no matter new comer or veteran in Thailand

DNFTT

(Do Not Feed the Troll)

Sounds to me like you are in possession of outsider knowledge and attempting to make insider comments. Best to keep the thoughts to yourself until the facts are known. Just another case of verbal diarrhea byanother diseased motormouth, just hope it is not the contagious strain.

Wishing a speedy recovery to the man, I would assume that this was not included in his vacation plans.

Yeah, the driver should have take the rest of Tony's personal belongings and take off...the man did a great thing, probably something that more ignorants here wouldn't do, I would be very surprised if he actually got something in exchange for this service, I mean, come on, he actully saved the man's life...and are you still thinking about the baht bus "scam"? Come on...

Don't worry about the Songtaewdriver, every private hospital pays for a brandnew customer :o between 200-500฿.

And only for the first ride. When the customer is allready a registered patient, sorry, no money.

Patex

Well you've just shown what a tool you really are. :D

:o:D

Speak for yourself.

It's obvious that your girls only feel the small size of your wallet when their hands explore inside your pants.

In my case, their hand....or should I say "both hands"....become entangled around the real object of their desire and it's this that brings out a flashing beam of lust in their eyes. :D

Mr. Mouse. The post was about a bar girl supposedy from soi 7.

For your information I am a happily married man and your comments about girls certainly do not apply to me..... your own fantasies are ofcourse your own business. B

:D:D

Speak for yourself.

How long have you been keeping you're gold neck chain in your underpants? :o

He was ambushed with a knife. No one can fight this.

If he's stupid, then so is anyone who goes somewhere with anyone. (Everyone)

This will happen again, and I don't wish this kind of thing on anyone.

But if it has to be someone, I sincerely hope it's you.

On a sidenote, I think there was too much effort and planning for this to be just theft.

Why not just drug him, or take his stuff while he sleeps?

They wanted him dead for some reason.

Edited by MisterFingers

waiingjaplaugh21bd.gif Wow ... these are quite some reactions on my post ...

The American, the girl, the thief, or all of the above?

:D

All good and well if you know what was coming - lad was sand bagged. Any rate don't under estimate a thai lad - seen many a hard man get his arse kicked.

I understand, Britmaveric. Martial arts can make a Thai 1.55m. (5.09 feet) a dangerous man, I agree

... Thailand on many brochures of the travel agencies is categorized as being an erotic destination, the man was just uninformed, ... I don't see what's so suspicious in walking on the street with a bg, do you?

Man, this could happen to any of us, no matter new comer or veteran in Thailand

I'm sorry to say, but he wasn't on the streets, he was late at night on the beach. This is not very wise, due to the fact you can be an easy victim overthere. I agree with you it can happen to any of us, but people should be warned more, that Thailand isn't as peaceful as adverts say ...

DNFTT

(Do Not Feed the Troll)

:D"I'm hungry ... !" :D

[sounds to me like you are in possession of outsider knowledge and attempting to make insider comments. Best to keep the thoughts to yourself (1) until the facts are known. Just another case of (2) verbal diarrhea byanother diseased motormouth, just hope it is not the contagious strain.

Wishing a speedy recovery to the man, I would assume that this was not included in his vacation plans.

Wow, here speaks the all wise man ! You must be a true insider, making outsider comments. You must be living in a world without violence ! Anybody with a brain should know, you can become a victim on unknown territory ... Even in Amsterdam, mr.dvk1951.

• (1) "He was late at night on the beach. This is not very wise, due to the fact you can be an easy victim overthere."
    (2) japcheese1rd.gif ... :D

Well you've just shown what a tool you really are.

... :D ... japcheese1rd.gif. Why, mr.DaveThailand ? Because I think he's stupid to go on the beach late at night ? Or that I would defend myself with every means I got (western boxing/martial arts) ? ...

He was ambushed with a knife. (1) No one can fight this.

(2) If he's stupid, then so is anyone who goes somewhere with anyone. (Everyone)

This will happen again, and I don't wish this kind of thing on anyone.

(3) But if it has to be someone, I sincerely hope it's you.

On a sidenote, I think there was too much effort and planning for this to be just theft.

(4) Why not just drug him, or take his stuff while he sleeps?

They wanted him dead for some reason.

• (1) :o ... I've even learned how to fight against someone holding a gun to my head ...
    (2) "He was late at night on the beach. This is not very wise, due to the fact you can be an easy victim overthere."
    (3) japcheese1rd.gif ... :D
    (4) :D You should be a crime teacher ! ... :D