What Is The Best Amulet In Thailand?

bolognamare

Even if i have never been superstitious i'm really interested to know what is the best amulet (or things to do) for a typical thai man/woman to catch luck (or avoid bad luck).

Last time in Bangkok i have seen that freeing birds from little cages is a way, do you know others (buddhist temples apart)?

:o

Freeing birds is a croc of crap really.

As for Amulets, I like them also, but trying to find one that is real and not a knock off is ###### hard.

Basically all the faith in them is based on your own belief in if it works or not. Also ones that are made and blessed by revered monks are not only worth more for their protective value, they cost a <deleted> load more and they are also copied a lot more and sold as the real deal.

One way around this is that if a person is wearing an amulet and he has survived something, accident, sickness etc, then this amulet becomes very valuable. So maybe you could get hold of one like this somehow, maybe wait at the emergancy section of any hospital in a blue gown.

One way around this is that if a person is wearing an amulet and he has survived something, accident, sickness etc, then this amulet becomes very valuable. So maybe you could get hold of one like this somehow, maybe wait at the emergancy section of any hospital in a blue gown.

I know the western approach to amulets, i wanted to read if there is something special for thai people, like a necklace with a buddha icon or a rabbit leg, or a dry geko.... :o

The necklace with a buddha icon is the most common one. You can also see "Klek's", symbolized Phallus/Penises, worn for fertility, often visible in the cash box from small shops or in the local market. Tattoos or implanted ironball's are also "helpful".

Patex

The penis' are supposed to be warn around the waste, dangled to the left, right, or above the real penis. This is meant to attract any bad luck or accident that may effect the real penis, scissors etc or a motorbike accident over the handle bars etc. Belief beng the penis statue will be the target of anything bad and leave the real one unscathed.

Perhaps that is the type of 'thai' stuff you were looking for.

I have 2 penis amulets, cos I have a really big penis.

The necklace with a buddha icon is the most common one. You can also see "Klek's", symbolized Phallus/Penises, worn for fertility, often visible in the cash box from small shops or in the local market. Tattoos or implanted ironball's are also "helpful".

Patex

The penis amulet is called "Palad Khik" .

Patrick

• 6 months later...
WANT TO BE WEAPON PROOF?

WANT TO BE INVISIBLE?

WANT TO SEE SPIRITUAL CREATURES?

Drink Beer Chang

WANT TO GET YOUR LOVE ONE BACK IMMEDIATELY?

WANT TO GET ANY MAN / WOMAN YOU WANT INSTANTLY?

WANT TO MAKE ANY MAN / WOMAN LOVE YOU CRAZILY?

Keep it within reason and spend like crazy.

Do you think that Chang would like that as an advert?

:o:D

Edited by Thaddeus