How Many Times A Day Do You Eat Noodles?

hotandhumid

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mama noodles 3 times a day everyday in my 1000 baht per month fan room. Sometimes I'll spoil myself and put an egg in there if I can get a good deal on the almost rotten ones.

Be careful or you'll burn a hole in your pocket..wink.png

With those eggs he might burn a hole in his boxers

Don't you have to pressure cook water to destroy botulism toxin?

Not for this. Botulism poisoning isn't caused by the organism or spores themselves, but rather by a toxin they produce over time. I suspect you're thinking of canning low PH items where botulism could thrive and produce the poison, and you're right, it takes a higher temp than boiling to kill it thus pressure cooking. The good news is that heat will also destroy that toxin. Boiling for ten or 15 minutes will make the food safe again. It's when acidic foods are improperly canned and then eaten without cooking that people get stung.

I was always far more concerned about any chemicals from pesticides to MSG in the food than about it being sterilized by heat. I never did feel good about eating street food but it tasted great and I ate a lot of it. :)

I like to have noodle soup at least once a week. My wife uses the instant noodles but adds chicken and vegetables.

Amazing! Are they the 5 baht noodles?

They may be. My wife buys them in a package of ten or twelve packs. They're not expensive for sure.

almost never.....and most shops put too much chemicals and are too dirty anyway....

Thailand has some of the cleanest street food of any developing country I know. Why would you live in a country this is what you think they are feeding you? I have better thoights about Khmer street food.So you western food in "clean" restaurants - too funny.

almost never.....and most shops put too much chemicals and are too dirty anyway....

Thailand has some of the cleanest street food of any developing country I know. Why would you live in a country this is what you think they are feeding you? I have better thoights about Khmer street food.So you western food in "clean" restaurants - too funny.

Maybe it is the cleanest of all dirty foods...but fact is that a lot people get food poising in Thailand. And I don't mean foreigner. And I don't eat western food in restaurants.....

Maybe it is the cleanest of all dirty foods...but fact is that a lot people get food poising in Thailand. And I don't mean foreigner. And I don't eat western food in restaurants.....

After 16 years in Thailand, I can't remember ever getting sick from street food. I'm sorry that I can't say the same about restaurants.

ba mee moo daeng is full of MSG

it's very low quality and low quantity for 30bt in Asia

the noodle quality is mama equivalent

moo daeng in these stalls are dyed red with unknown substance or perhaps a kind of approved food colouring, barbecued pork should be brownish

the amount of pork scratchings and pork lard served in the noodles are very unhealthy

ba mee moo daeng is full of MSG

it's very low quality and low quantity for 30bt in Asia

the noodle quality is mama equivalent

moo daeng in these stalls are dyed red with unknown substance or perhaps a kind of approved food colouring, barbecued pork should be brownish

the amount of pork scratchings and pork lard served in the noodles are very unhealthy

Macdonalds big macs are <deleted> too and they have served billions, what is you point?

And mama is not fresh egg noodle. they are not the same thing.

Yes moo daeng is made with food coloring, i have made it myself and every recipe i have seen asks for it, but you can leave it out.

As with everything moderation is the key.