Benelli Tnt 600 Inline-Four

Richard-BKK

Isn't it odd, looking at the 'Chinese bikes' and new range of Hondas, it's the Hondas that have the chopstick forks.

Something's gone wrong somewhere.

But if you look deeper the Benelli (at least the one i looked at) had chopstick everything else smile.png

Naaa to be fair it wasn't that bad BUT it did have a few weak areas.

I can understand some people hating cheap shit bikes like this....well it's a conveyance made by the same people that used to make fridges.

post-63954-0-33990600-1383904868_thumb.j

But you can't put Benelli in the same category.

Benelli is about motorcycles for enthusiasts, on the other hand Tamco (most Chinese brands??) is about assembling a bunch of cookie cutter bits and pieces supplied by 100 different companies into conveyance for people who want cheap traNSPORT from 'A' TO 'B'

I can understand some people hating cheap shit bikes like this....well it's a conveyance made by the same people that used to make fridges.

CropperCapture9.jpg

But you can't put Benelli in the same category.

Benelli is about motorcycles for enthusiasts, on the other hand Tamco (most Chinese brands??) is about assembling a bunch of cookie cutter bits and pieces supplied by 100 different companies into conveyance for people who want cheap traNSPORT from 'A' TO 'B'

Quadshock rear end has definitely got monoshock beat:-):-):-)

Its just that Chines bikes trigger a lot of hate in many people. i wish they could look at the Benelli objectively but they can't or won't.

Nice bike you got there, drive safe.thumbsup.gif

I like Japanese bikes so that's what I buy and my posts on this forum reflect that.

Out of interest, what bikes do you own? I'm interested to see whether your love of Chinese bikes translates to ownership in the real world. Or only in your 'pokerkid' ThaiVisa world?

Its just that Chines bikes trigger a lot of hate in many people. i wish they could look at the Benelli objectively but they can't or won't.

I like Japanese bikes so that's what I buy and my posts on this forum reflect that.

Out of interest, what bikes do you own? I'm interested to see whether your love of Chinese bikes translates to ownership in the real world. Or only in your 'pokerkid' ThaiVisa world?

I like any bike that presses the right buttons for me, I don't limit myself to just one country or make. And no, i do not own a Chinese bike. I just like the way Benelli opens the market for an inexpensive 4 inline that looks good and also seems to ride well .

The reason I make some strong postings here is that I just get fed up with the hate and shortsightedness of some posters here against anything Chinese. It's easy to see this bike is something totally different from a "platinum" (made in Thailand btw) or some other Chinese SCOOTERS.

Look at the Keeway thread, a lot of haters there too untill finally some owners showed up and without exception they are happy about their bikes. they just did not want to post before when all the haters were still present in that topic.

Edited by pokerkid

I have owned over 35 different bikes in my time. Some in Thailand, some in Japan, but mostly in the US. I ordered my Keeway TXM200 without ever having seen anything other than a picture of it. The quality is amazing to see for the money paid. My friend, who owns 2 Kawasaki 650s in Thailand is even impressed. My house is in a very rural area of NE Thailand, but is right beside the main road. When I go out on the bike, I ride it pretty much wide-open throttle most of the time. I have done so from the beginning because I subscribe to the "ride it like you stole it" method of break-in, just don't let it get too hot. And change the oil early on. The thing tops out at about 110kph but it will do that willingly, even with the wife on the back of it. It is built like a tank and has one of the most comfortable seats that I can ever remember having on any motorcycle that I have owned.

Just my two-cents worth on owning "Chinese junk".

Like the man said, check out the Keeway threads and read what the actual owners have to say. But as I have mentioned before on TV forums, the dealer of these bikes is less than wonderful, at least in far NE Thailand. Mod Daeng Motors is their name. The bike itself is great.

I can imagine that the Benelli is very fine also. I just hope that someone other than Mod Daeng Motors is selling them around NE Thailand.

• Like 1

I like any bike that presses the right buttons for me, I don't limit myself to just one country or make. And no, i do not own a Chinese bike. I just like the way Benelli opens the market for an inexpensive 4 inline that looks good and also seems to ride well .

The reason I make some strong postings here is that I just get fed up with the hate and shortsightedness of some posters here against anything Chinese. It's easy to see this bike is something totally different from a "platinum" (made in Thailand btw) or some other Chinese SCOOTERS.

Look at the Keeway thread, a lot of haters there too untill finally some owners showed up and without exception they are happy about their bikes. they just did not want to post before when all the haters were still present in that topic.

So you ride a Jap bike, right?

So you ride a Jap bike, right?

I said already that I do not own a Chinese bike. That is relevant to this discussion.

But yes,one of my bikes is a japanese scooter.

First time i'm seeing a BN600 on second hand market: 

http://www.mocyc.com/market936552/

looks very new... and  at 199K baht seems tempting!

Posted Image

Yep, looks good. Has less than 6000km so i would say it is "very new" Posted Image

70 k thb depreciation for 6000 kms is mean! But a grim reality of chinese bikes.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

First time i'm seeing a BN600 on second hand market:

http://www.mocyc.com/market936552/

looks very new... and at 199K baht seems tempting!

1383921989.jpg

Yep, looks good. Has less than 6000km so i would say it is "very new" smile.png

70 k thb depreciation for 6000 kms is mean! But a grim reality of chinese bikes.

just take a look at what the prices are for an almost new kawa 650...

many forum members have bought them very cheap second hand. the proof is all around you ll, but you choose to focus on the Benelli and ignore the jap bikes.

read it and weep: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/635505-i-am-going-to-sell-my-kawasaki-er6f-2011-very-soon/?p=6372352&hl=%2Bkawasaki+%2Ber

Edited by pokerkid

Can you find a 6000 km kawa er6n 2013 for 200 k pokerkid?

Don't be silly ll. ofcourse a kawa keeps their value better then a benelli but not by much.....That is the whole point of my previous post.

What is the problem with all you chinese bike haters, you keep coming back here tor regurgitate the same old bullshit again and again and again.

If this bike does not interest you why spend so much time on this topic....

Edited by pokerkid

Not looking but here is a 2012 for 190k ( Ninja Model not er6 )

Most bikes take their biggest depreciation the first year

Especially if many are for sale or seller is motivated

http://www.er6thailand.com/board/index.php?topic=54409.msg866569#msg866569

wlDRYP.jpg

Edited by meechai

Not looking but here is a 2012 for 190k ( Ninja Model not er6 )

Most bikes take their biggest depreciation the first year

Especially if many are for sale or seller is motivated

http://www.er6thailand.com/board/index.php?topic=54409.msg866569#msg866569

wlDRYP.jpg

it has some nice extra's as well.

The more manufacturers release bikes here the more power the buyers have.

Why all the hate when Benelli releases a 4 inline bike at a price unheared of before.

That Ninja has 28K on the clock, it's been low-sided, and it needs tires front and back- 190K is about right for it.

True but if you look you can find quite a few 1 year old Kawasaki 650 that shed 70k of their purchase price &

are in perfect low mileage shape.

The take away point was...it is not uncommon for the first sale/year to be the heaviest in depreciation for any bike, or car for that matter.

Edited by meechai

That Ninja has 28K on the clock, it's been low-sided, and it needs tires front and back- 190K is about right for it.

True but if you look you can find quite a few 1 year old Kawasaki 650 that shed 70k of their purchase price &

are in perfect low mileage shape.

The take away point was...it is not uncommon for the first sale/year to be the heaviest in depreciation for any bike, or car for that matter.

I think the take-away point would be what would the Benelli go for in the same condition? It didn't seem like a proper comparison.

If somebody is worried about depreciation and ease of sale when buying a motorcycle, it's probably best to steer away from every Thai manufactured bike at the moment.

Nah look at the Kawasaki z1400 or even the z1000 how much did they loose in a year? Not Thai made

The 1400 was just dropped what 120-150k in price by Kawasaki? That does not help those who bought a month before

at the higher price.

Same goes for those who bought a KTM Duke 200 for 249k then the price is dropped to 199k by dealers.

But as I said 1st year heavy depreciation is normal on any used vehicle.

Look in the classifieds on mocyc or even here at TV. There is a new Honda CBR500 selling for what 25k less than new &

it is 4 months old? It is common procedure & one has to bite the bullet if they want to sell in a year or less otherwise

folks of course would buy new instead if a healthy discount is not added.

Edited by meechai

I think the take-away point would be what would the Benelli go for in the same condition? It didn't seem like a proper comparison.

Your being pedantic IMO

It's not being pedantic to note that you responded to a post (which you quoted) asking about the comparative value of a Japanese brand in the same condition as the Benelli (6K on the clock and in seemingly excellent condition) and you used a damaged bike with 5x the mileage that needed some fairly pricey maintenence- no one is arguing that bikes don't depreciate, but you made an unequal comparison.

Edited by RubberSideDown

It's not being pedantic to note that you responded to a post (which you quoted) asking about the comparative value of a Japanese brand in the same condition as the Benelli (6K on the clock and in seemingly excellent condition) and you used a damaged bike with 5x the mileage that needed some fairly pricey maintenence- no one is arguing that bikes don't depreciate, but you made an unequal comparison.

Sorry that seems totally pedantic & argumentative for arguments sake.

Because at the end of the day the fact remains the same.

First year if you decide for whatever reason to sell your new bike you will take a large hit.

Japanese brand,Thai brand, any brand you like.

But to satisfy your pedanticism here is a clean less than one year old with 6k on the clock

& not a scratch...price....225k so again about 70k off or a 24% loss

You can look any day of the week & find these for 220k

930015.jpg

Edit: better put a link or you will say it does not exist :P

http://www.ninja250thailand.com/board/index.php?PHPSESSID=1ab9f9979a903b2f74664fe88a63c37c&topic=42540.0

Edited by meechai
  • Like 1

Sorry that seems totally pedantic & argumentative for arguments sake.

Because at the end of the day the fact remains the same.

First year if you decide for whatever reason to sell your new bike you will take a large hit.

Japanese brand,Thai brand, any brand you like.

But to satisfy your pedanticism here is a clean less than one year old with 6k on the clock

& not a scratch...price....225k so again about 70k off or a 24% loss

You can look any day of the week & find these for 220k

930015.jpg

Edit: better put a link or you will say it does not exist tongue.png

http://www.ninja250thailand.com/board/index.php?PHPSESSID=1ab9f9979a903b2f74664fe88a63c37c&topic=42540.0

Why would I say it didn't exist? It's great you were able to actually make a valid comparison between bikes in similar condition, rather than the poor comparison you made before- the previous bike was so cheap because it was damaged, had more miles, and needed maintenence, which was my point (225K for a decent bike vs 190K for the damaged bike).

The fact you had to resort to ad hominem only serves to highlight the weakness of your previous point.

The fact you had to resort to ad hominem only serves to highlight the weakness of your previous point.

Your not a woman by chance?

Because I never see men get so far off point smile.png

Point was always bikes take a big hit in value the 1st year

anyway enjoy

Edited by meechai