Benelli Tnt 600 Inline-Four

Richard-BKK

who buys a 290 k benelli if honda sells cbr650f for 330 k?

Someone who wants:

Brembo brakes.

Upside-down Marzocchi front fork

Great, eye catching design.

Double underseat exhausts.

More power.

Less weight.

Close to 100,000 baht in the difference. (you don't know the price of either)

Sporty style and sporty engine, with it's power higher up in the fun range.

Looking at the Honda read up it's another bland engine with its linear power, specifically made for use in the low and mid range (see CBR250 and CBR 500 series).

Good and safe for people using it as a tourer.

For people who like sporty bikes, the Benelli is no doubt going to be the more fun, and better of the two.

One seems to be for beginners and grandpa's, the other for men in their twenties and thirties that want to have a blast of fun.

More power? Sporty engine? Not really more than cbr650f.

Styling? Looks insignificant.

More fun? I dont think so.

It is up to the individual of course.

You feel like benelli is better for you, just go buy one.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Didn't like the genuine answer, huh.

Never mind. smile.png

Of course some people don't want upside-down Marzocchi front forks, Brembo brakes, lighter weight, more power (higher up in the rev range), but instead want a heavier bike with less power that looks a bit bland and is designed for low and mid end riding. Which I'm sure it will be great at. :) What ever rocks ya boat. :)

Edited by Nov 13

Didn't like the genuine answer, huh.

Never mind. smile.png

Of course some people don't want upside-down Marzocchi front forks, Brembo brakes, lighter weight, more power (higher up in the rev range), but instead want a heavier bike with less power that looks a bit bland and is designed for low and mid end riding. Which I'm sure it will be great at. :) What ever rocks ya boat. :)

Some people want a bike that holds up long term. With a large dealer network and good resale value. Or maybe they just want a faired bike?

Marzocchi forks and brembo brakes on a Benelli is like putting a pig in a Prada dress with a set of pearls around it's neck. Some people will fall for it, same as some people bought the Platinum dirt bikes.

Edited by JonnyF

Some people want a bike that holds up long term.

And how long has this yet to be released CBR650 held up?

These new age Thai made Hondas (250's and 500's seem to be a bit fragile, with shocking reports of customer service).

Are these Benellis falling apart, or are you just speculating?

Not to say that the Honda won't generally be more dependable, but that it is speculation on your part.

A simple question was asked and the answer was given. From what I've been told the Benelli sales are excellent. For someone looking for something a bit exotic and exciting over something a bit bland and beige, the Benelli would come out on top.

I'm sure the CBR650 will sell like hotcakes and the owners will have years of riding them, on a straight road at 4k rpm, getting their promoted 21kmpl.

With a large dealer network and good resale value.

How many Big Wings nationwide, three?

Good resale value? have you seen the people trying to sell the CB500 series and CBR250's (Kawa Ninja 250's and 650's too)? Used value of the Thai made Hondas and Kawas have bottomed out. Not due to the bikes (sort of), due to the market.

Edited by Nov 13
  • Like 1

^

yes, as exotic as benelli. but chinese exotic not italianbiggrin.png

benelli looks a lot bland to me.

and all this talk and i am sure you own a honda?

did not have a single glitch on my cbr250 and 500 in thailand and bought my cbr250 at 88 k thb - 300 km - and sold it at 80 k+ thb - 21.000 km - as well!

Edited by ll2

These new age Thai made Hondas (250's and 500's seem to be a bit fragile, with shocking reports of customer service).

Honda in Chiang Mai are crap, but the others are doing a good job. The bike is certainly not fragile.

How many Big Wings nationwide, three?

5? Is that 4 more than Benelli?

So we all agree that those who want a a slightly bland generic bike that is designed for low rpm and fuel economy would likely get CBR650, and those who would want something a little more exciting, exotic, daring, eye catching and sporty would likely get the Benelli?

There's certainly nothing wrong with wanting low RPM engines and fuel economy, but not all bikers are in their 60's. :D

• Like 1

Everybody on this forum, at some time or another, complained that Thailand doesn't take the motorcycle community serious, and that is also directly the main reason why we have so high import taxes, or why motorcycles have to stay in the slow traffic lane, or even why motorcycles are not allowed on the expressway... the list can probably be a bit longer...

Yes, if big bikes would sell at the same rate as eco-cars, things would probably much easier. But to get a country like Thailand to take big bikes serious as alternative to a car you need a good assortment of available choices.

The more motorcycle / scooter manufacturers will enter the Thai market the better, the more pressure on Honda and Kawasaki the better... Take a look at how the availability of some motorcycles from other manufacturers have “forced” Kawasaki and Honda to start to import there top models...

The Benelli line-up doesn't appeal to me, I'm not really somebody for a naked-bike, while I will look at the Benelli BN302 when it comes to Thailand (probably it's a nice bike for downtown Bangkok traffic).

I wished that any of the Chinese manufacturers would introduce a nice Enduro style 250cc bike, I was very happy with my 3-year old GPX ZF250 until a truck drove over it...

Edited by Richard-BKK

So we all agree that those who want a a slightly bland generic bike that is designed for low rpm and fuel economy would likely get CBR650, and those who would want something a little more exciting, exotic, daring, eye catching and sporty would likely get the Benelli?

There's certainly nothing wrong with wanting low RPM engines and fuel economy, but not all bikers are in their 60's. biggrin.png

Not sure Chinese bikes can be classified as exotic.

Daring? Most definitely, which is why no-one has been brave enough to put their money where their mouth is, buy one and write a review. Just talk nonsense on the forum and keep their money in their pockets while riding around on their Jap bikes laugh.png

• Like 1

There's certainly nothing wrong with wanting low RPM engines and fuel economy, but not all bikers are in their 60's. biggrin.png

Not sure Chinese bikes can be classified as exotic.

Daring? Most definitely, which is why no-one has been brave enough to put their money where their mouth is, buy one and write a review. Just talk nonsense on the forum and keep their money in their pockets while riding around on their Jap bikes laugh.png

there are more then enough Thais who have bought the bike, just look at some of the videos. Also there is a farang on this forum that bought one and seems to be very happy about it but he is not allowed to post here...........I wonder why.

About Chinese bikes not being exotic, Have you even bothered to look at what other bikes Benelli makes.

http://www.benelli.co.uk/range.php

Looks a lot more "exotic" to me then many other manufacturers...

Is Ducati suddenly less "exotic" after it has been bought by a mainstream car manufacturer ?

here another example for you of an exotic girl on an even more exotic bike, eat your heart out chines bike haters.

post-63974-0-48192700-1383879989_thumb.j

Edited by pokerkid
  • Like 1

Benelli not exotic, while lauding a generic Honda designed for low rpm and fuel efficiency. biggrin.png

Where are the bikers on this forum? biggrin.png

The majority of the Chinese bike haters here ride bikes that anywhere else in the world would be described as learner or commuter bikes but in Thailand they are "big bikes" .The Benelli 600 is neither a commuter nor a starter bike.

• Like 1

you dont need high rpms to be fast in the mountains, you need torque.

How many Benelli 600 have been sold so far?

Those people who like to talk about them in the forums have not bought them, so much we know... post pix and experiences of your benelli 600 or it doesnt count!

Just askin'! The distributor must have received 4 or 5 shipments by now.

If people think a 4 cylinder 600 is twice as much as they can handle they can wait about 6 months and have a Benelli 2 cylinder 302 instead.

In the pre-release shots it looks like a pretty good little package. Pity it's not a 500 as well!

post-63954-0-60666000-1383881806_thumb.j

post-63954-0-17495100-1383881845_thumb.j

• Like 1

Benelli not exotic, while lauding a generic Honda designed for low rpm and fuel efficiency. biggrin.png

The majority of the Chinese bike haters here ride bikes that anywhere else in the world would be described as learner or commuter bikes but in Thailand they are "big bikes" .The Benelli 600 is neither a commuter nor a starter bike.

a fair point.....

• Like 2

Those people who like to talk about them in the forums have not bought them, so much we know... post pix and experiences of your benelli 600 or it doesnt count!

This is true but it is also true that 90% of the bikes talked about on a bike forum are not owned either.

There is one poster here who bought a Benelli unfortunately he has had his posting rights suspended ( although he is not banned )

But I have spoke with him & he feels the bike is a tremendous value & he enjoys it.

• Like 2

This is true but it is also true that 90% of the bikes talked about on a bike forum are not owned either.

There is one poster here who bought a Benelli unfortunately he has had his posting rights suspended ( although he is not banned )

But I have spoke with him & he feels the bike is a tremendous value & he enjoys it.

a farang enjoying the benelli 600.... the horror biggrin.png .

post-63974-0-21855700-1383888799_thumb.j

Edited by pokerkid

post-20941-0-77099200-1383890891_thumb.j

Yes you're right, I hate Chinese "bikes" and here is my "commuter", cheers smile.png

Edited by jpp2bkk

attachicon.gif526779_557792140913095_1612587329_n_resize.jpg

Yes you're right, I hate Chinese "bikes" and here is my "commuter", cheers smile.png

congratulations on your first post in the bikes in Thailand section, I must have triggered something to make you do that.

ps. keep the hate flowing brother...

Edited by pokerkid

attachicon.gif526779_557792140913095_1612587329_n_resize.jpg

congratulations on your first post in the bikes in Thailand section, I must have triggered something to make you do that.

ps. keep the hate flowing brother...

Just the words "Chinese bikes" but mai pen rai everyone has the choice to drive what he wants, have fun and drive safe smile.png

you dont need high rpms to be fast in the mountains, you need torque.

Agree and you can add Bangkok to the mountains. Torque is king