Benelli Tnt 600 Inline-Four

Richard-BKK

- Engine is a copy of a 2006 Yamaha. How exciting. .

I understood, that it's a 'pre 2005' engine.

And looking on the output, I think it's a license on a engine from the 80's!

Even from the 50' would be 'pre-2005', right?

regarding 20 year old technology... take a look at Honda's latest CB### 500 ## offerings.. what a bunch of crap bikes :? crappy forks, single disks on the front....but disguised with flashy plastics making them looking like more expensive models ...

• Like 1

Pokerkid:

Interesting, did you ride this bike already or at least see it in the flesh to make such judgements, most likely not. You seem to know so much about it, or are you just an armchair critic bah humbugging

that is not to your liking? Most likely yes.

i agree that the chinese make a lot of crap but to condemn this bike with such vigor before even having read a review is just ignorant and makes you look like an idiot. Give the bike at least a chance and if its really bad then keep on going on your anti-china crusade.

You sound like these american <deleted> in the 70's going on and on against the japanese about their cars and other products, now their children work in the japanese factories making japanese cars.

maybe the chinese make a lot of crap at the moment but quality WILL improve and this bike COULD be the beginning of that so wait untill someone did a test and then continue the hate war or eat your words depending on the outcome of the test.

Personally I think this will not be the bike to change the chinese bad rep, maybe a couple more bike generations down the road.At least they are making proress

I have seen the bike pokerkid. Did you?

I am free to say what i think here. Like you say.

Attacking, calling someone idiot and ignorant shows an idiot and ignorant man i m sorry, funny really to see someone at this stage.

If you like it or want to buy it just go do it why do you care what i say? Do what you beleive.

Edited by loserlazer
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

I was at the SYM/Keeway showroom in Nonthaburi today collecting some docs for my new SYM Fiddle 11 scooter and there were at least a dozen Benelli BN600`s with their buyers there collecting their new machines. Apparently, this is the first batch and many more have already been bought. I had a good look and my unbiased first impression is that the bike is very well finished with quality paint, plating and welding, and the fit is very good too with some quality looking components. The black version looked especially smart contrasted against the red trellis framework. Engine was mechanically quiet making a low rustling noise. Exhaust sounded like a louder than stock R6. Further enquiry revealed the bike has 82RWHP on the Dyno. Bike has a 3 year comprehensive warranty and the package includes roadside assistance and recovery should it ever be needed. I know some will shoot the bike down without knowing anything about it, but on appearances alone I think it deserves to have judgement reserved until we hear from someone who owns and puts distance on one. I think the company that owns Keeway is serious about breaking into the mainstream bike market. Only time will tell if they have a flagship product reliable enough to achieve that.

Where the buyers farang or Thai or a mixture?

I was at the SYM/Keeway showroom in Nonthaburi today collecting some docs for my new SYM Fiddle 11 scooter and there were at least a dozen Benelli BN600`s with their buyers there collecting their new machines. Apparently, this is the first batch and many more have already been bought. I had a good look and my unbiased first impression is that the bike is very well finished with quality paint, plating and welding, and the fit is very good too with some quality looking components. The black version looked especially smart contrasted against the red trellis framework. Engine was mechanically quiet making a low rustling noise. Exhaust sounded like a louder than stock R6. Further enquiry revealed the bike has 82RWHP on the Dyno. Bike has a 3 year comprehensive warranty and the package includes roadside assistance and recovery should it ever be needed. I know some will shoot the bike down without knowing anything about it, but on appearances alone I think it deserves to have judgement reserved until we hear from someone who owns and puts distance on one. I think the company that owns Keeway is serious about breaking into the mainstream bike market. Only time will tell if they have a flagship product reliable enough to achieve that.

Where the buyers farang or Thai or a mixture?

All Thai and very keen motorcyclists.

Every timw i open this thread to see someone bought the bike and stating sone imprssions but no avail so far.

I think we farang not that ting tong:lol:

Good luck for the new owners and hope to see see reviews one day here!

Edited by loserlazer

Every timw i open this thread to see someone bought the bike and stating sone imprssions but no avail so far. I think we farang not that ting tong:lol: Good luck for the new owners and hope to see see reviews one day here!

I guess i am not the only one who thinks that THIS THREAD IS NOT FOR YOU
  • Like 2

Every timw i open this thread to see someone bought the bike and stating sone imprssions but no avail so far. I think we farang not that ting tong:lol: Good luck for the new owners and hope to see see reviews one day here!

I guess i am not the only one who thinks that THIS THREAD IS NOT FOR YOU

Maybe you could buy it and give us a review? It's very easy to wax lyrical about Chinese bikes while riding around on your safe little Honda... Not so easy to put your money where your mouth is...

Seems like I have to eat my words. Chiang Mai now has a Benelli Dealer, Across from KTM next to Big C Xtra on the super highway.

So, Deposit is there, and told 2 months wait, but that is less then Honda on my last scooter and Nissan on my car

They will have both the 600 and 899 was it ? And price was just what they said at the Auto show in December.

We have our test pilot :)
  • Like 1

yes those are braided brakes lines.

The chain also appears to be nice and overtightened.

Nice touch

I always thought braided lines would not cost a manufacturer

much at all & should be stock on anything that suggests "sport"

type bikes.

Tight chain could be like BSJ said :)

Or could be the bike is on a rear stand

Personally I would have liked if they made two versions

this one & a full fairing version.

Forgot what B&B reminded us too.

Will be interesting to hear Jeff's impressions when he gets one.

• 1 month later...

So there is currently a gsxr 600 k7 for sale at 295k or this benelli for 296k no choice for me and the bennelli doesnt seem such a bargain anymore,rather take a 2 nd hand tried and tested machine than an un known unproven bike,still someone has to buy the bennili so we can get reviews ,look forward to hearing some user commments about this bike

A K7 for 295k either has no book, a lot of km's or other major problems. But I agree, we need some reviews to see how reliable this Benelli is and what kind of dealer support it will get here.

Some seem determined to condemn it as Chinese crap not knowing nothing about it, even with the number of positive reports from Chinese bike owners increasing. Is a Chinese made bike with Italian and European bloodlines going to for certain be so much worse than Thai built Japanese or a Thai built Italian bike? Because we have those for a while already and people seem pretty happy with them despite all the moaning on forums about quality when they were announced. I am on my 4th Thai built Jap bike and I don't have a single complaint, except perhaps chain longevity.

So there is currently a gsxr 600 k7 for sale at 295k or this benelli for 296k no choice for me and the bennelli doesnt seem such a bargain anymore,rather take a 2 nd hand tried and tested machine than an un known unproven bike,still someone has to buy the bennili so we can get reviews ,look forward to hearing some user commments about this bike

A K7 for 295k either has no book, a lot of km's or other major problems. But I agree, we need some reviews to see how reliable this Benelli is and what kind of dealer support it will get here.

Some seem determined to condemn it as Chinese crap not knowing nothing about it, even with the number of positive reports from Chinese bike owners increasing. Is a Chinese made bike with Italian and European bloodlines going to for certain be so much worse than Thai built Japanese or a Thai built Italian bike? Because we have those for a while already and people seem pretty happy with them despite all the moaning on forums about quality when they were announced. I am on my 4th Thai built Jap bike and I don't have a single complaint, except perhaps chain longevity.

Why would you assume the gsxr has no book or problems? In 2010 I paid 250k for a 2005 GSXR600 (legal with book) which included a pair of Alpine Stars riding boots, a mesh jacket, one night paid for in a hotel in Chiang Mai and a free night out on the Loi Kroh Road with the previous owner. Granted I had to fly up from BKK and ride it back but I'll have owned it 3 years in August with no major problems, just replacing easily sourced consumables.

Bargains are out there, but people seem terrified of them. They'd rather buy a new CBR500 from Honda because it makes them "feel" safe and then have to wait a month for a service. Or even worse, pay almost 300k for this "Benelli". Mystifying.

• Like 1

Why would you assume the gsxr has no book or problems? In 2010 I paid 250k for a 2005 GSXR600 (legal with book) which included a pair of Alpine Stars riding boots, a mesh jacket, one night paid for in a hotel in Chiang Mai and a free night out on the Loi Kroh Road with the previous owner. Granted I had to fly up from BKK and ride it back but I'll have owned it 3 years in August with no major problems, just replacing easily sourced consumables.

Bargains are out there, but people seem terrified of them. They'd rather buy a new CBR500 from Honda because it makes them "feel" safe and then have to wait a month for a service. Or even worse, pay almost 300k for this "Benelli". Mystifying.

there are many jap inline 4s between 250k-350k with book and in ok condition,jonnyf has given you one example and there is someone else on this forum that paid 350k for a gsxr 1000 as jonny says people seem scared to buy them dont know why really whats the worst that could be wrong with them ,maybe they have been around a track or two wow thats what there designed for.

in fact i think the 2nd hand prices arent too bad over here im back to the uk next week and im looking to get gsxr600 and the prices are over 250k for a 3-5 year old model from looking the uk prices are not that cheap these days either ,maybe thats cause i aint been there for 7 years though.....lol

Edited by taninthai

Personally I would prefer a Yamaha YZF-R6 from 2006, 07, or 2008 and with its 132 or 133 horsepower it even beats the light out of most now-a-days 1000cc “restricted” sportsbikes.

But a lot of people have problems with buying a secondhand motorcycle, to my experience Thai people do not seem to like anything that is been used by somebody else...

Not so long ago I talked with somebody from Modern Bike (the Keeway / Benelli importer/distributor) and the sales was going better than they had expected... And I have seen truck loads of Benelli BN600 being delivered to the showroom from Modern Bike to be gone the next morning...

Edited by Richard-BKK

^ And Tony got that K7 for a steal at 350K.

I agree that 29X,XXX is too much for the Benelli. I first saw 254,000 somewhere and that made more sense.

lol yeah i didnt want to mention names ,but yeah a great price ,could easily sell that bike without taking a loss maybe even profit to be had.

^ And Tony got that K7 for a steal at 350K.

I agree that 29X,XXX is too much for the Benelli. I first saw 254,000 somewhere and that made more sense.

just so happens there is a 1000cc k6 in classifieds now 350k ,bit high km though but another example the bikes are out there,obviously as owner has it up at 350k could probably haggle abit too,the advert is in no way connected to me or any one i know,,,,,bit of free promotion for owner........lol

You're comparing one example of a 5+ year old grey import bike (which you got a great deal on) but can't get dealer serviced or find parts for, with high km's, to a brand new, dealer supported with warranty bike. "Mystifying" is right.

• Like 1

True.

Easy to criticize the bike but what NEW alternatives are there for the 4 cylinder Benelli here in Thailand.

Can somebody make a list of NEW 4 inline bikes available here (with the prices) . Grey imports included.