Taking Uk Passport Photos In Phuket

modafinil

I'm looking for some advice on a place that can give me good passport photos - my passport is full and I'm applying for a new one from Phuket (via Hong Kong).

The photo guidelines for UK passport photos are quite strict. Among their rules:

The background must be plain cream or plain light grey.

The photos cannot be photoshopped in any way.

They must be 45mm by 35mm.

I went to the Kodak shop in Kamala which usually does a good job. However, they did not have a cream/grey background they could use - only white and blue.

They rectified this by photoshopping in a new background, and then touching up my face too. They only charged 120 baht so I just said my thank-yous and left. It's reasonably possible that my application would be turned down due to the computer-adjusted images. Ideally, I would like to find find a booth or studio in Phuket which can fulfil the requirement for background and size.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

Tricky situation. My last passport application was in Bangkok (before they changed to HK) and the photo shop in Chalong assured me they knew the rules/requirement for the 'biometric' photo. In the BKK embassy office the officer scanned the photo and it did not pass the test. So I was knocked back and told to go to a photo place near the embassy and have taken again. I too worry about the photo specification when i next apply for renewal in HK (or wherever it will be then).

Tricky situation. My last passport application was in Bangkok (before they changed to HK) and the photo shop in Chalong assured me they knew the rules/requirement for the 'biometric' photo. In the BKK embassy office the officer scanned the photo and it did not pass the test. So I was knocked back and told to go to a photo place near the embassy and have taken again. I too worry about the photo specification when i next apply for renewal in HK (or wherever it will be then).

I went to the Kodak shop in Chalong (opposite the cop shop but further up from the circle) and took them a photocopy of the requirements for the photo. What they did was OK and I had no problems with my renewal.

I went to the Kodak shop in Chalong (opposite the cop shop but further up from the circle) and took them a photocopy of the requirements for the photo. What they did was OK and I had no problems with my renewal.

I'm not far from Chalong, so I'll visit tomorrow morning. Any suggestions in Phuket Town would be welcome too, although I'll go anywhere on the island if need be.

I took a photocopy of the requirements too (to Kodak Kamala), it didn't seem to help much! I stated several times that the photos needed to be 45mm by 35mm, but my ruler (which I will be taking with me next time) tells me that they did 2" by 1.5". Was a bit surprised as Kodak Kamala had always been great before.

A quick question if you happen to know the answer, any idea where the main Post Office in Phuket Town is? Or should I head for Chalong Post Office instead?

I'm not far from Chalong, so I'll visit tomorrow morning. Any suggestions in Phuket Town would be welcome too, although I'll go anywhere on the island if need be.

I took a photocopy of the requirements too (to Kodak Kamala), it didn't seem to help much! I stated several times that the photos needed to be 45mm by 35mm, but my ruler (which I will be taking with me next time) tells me that they did 2" by 1.5". Was a bit surprised as Kodak Kamala had always been great before.

A quick question if you happen to know the answer, any idea where the main Post Office in Phuket Town is? Or should I head for Chalong Post Office instead?

Yes! I took a 6" metal ruler with me, too! I wasn't going to pay if it was outside the specification whistling.gif

There's a Kodak shop close to Robinson dept. store in Phuket town. If you leave Robinson at the KFC exit, it's just across the road.

But as you're not far from Chalong, I'd got to Rawai Post Office - it's about 400 metres south of the Chalong circle. The Kodak Express shop is about 250 metres north of Chalong Circle on Chao Fah East (Phuket Town) Road.

Kodak shop in Central, third floor. Used them and it worked well. They have the passport templates for all EU countries and USA.

I had my picture for a German biometric passport made there and it passed without any problems - although it looks ugly.

Well, I sorted out my photos eventually!

I thought I'd try the Kodak at Central, but apparently their machine was broken and I'd have to wait three days. From there I headed to Phuket Town, to the Kodak on the Robinson's McDonalds junction. They got the size right, but the photo had shadows on it, which the UK passport photo rules forbid. "Mi bpen ri!" - she opened up Photoshop and edited out the shadow. Making my photos useless. By now I was in a hurry and paid the 150 Baht (8 photos?!) and got out of there. They didn't have a printer either - the woman looked surprised at my question. Why would a Kodak shop doubling as an Internet cafe ever need a printer?

So I headed to the Kodak express 250m north of the circle on Chao Fah East(there seemed to be another branch right next to the circle, but I ignored that one). I told them what I needed, they took me to a photo studio upstairs which had the correct background and took my snaps. "No Photoshop! No Photoshop!" I pleaded. Not that they listened when I said the same at the other shops.

The photos took about five minutes, and they looked terrible. In fact, they were a perfect likeness of me - completely "unphotoshopped". Since the photos were destined for my passport rather than a fashion magazine I happily paid them the 100 Baht they asked for. They had some handy internet terminals too, and a cheap, good-quality printing service. Nearby Rawai Post Office was fine, was in and out in 10 minutes having arranged EMS delivery.

So that was my experience. Hopefully won't have to do it again for a long time, but the Chalong Circle Kodak and Rawai Post Office combination worked pretty well. Central might be great when their machine isn't broken. And Maxi Colour must be worth a try, if only because it's not yet another Kodak shop!

Thanks for the tips.

I'm looking for some advice on a place that can give me good passport photos - my passport is full and I'm applying for a new one from Phuket (via Hong Kong).

The photo guidelines for UK passport photos are quite strict. Among their rules:

The background must be plain cream or plain light grey.

The photos cannot be photoshopped in any way.

They must be 45mm by 35mm.

I went to the Kodak shop in Kamala which usually does a good job. However, they did not have a cream/grey background they could use - only white and blue.

They rectified this by photoshopping in a new background, and then touching up my face too. They only charged 120 baht so I just said my thank-yous and left. It's reasonably possible that my application would be turned down due to the computer-adjusted images. Ideally, I would like to find find a booth or studio in Phuket which can fulfil the requirement for background and size.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

Kodak,,,,in Baanzan

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa app