Spare Wheel For Car - Where?

pattayadingo

I am in need of a spare wheel for the car. I've tried a lot of places, especially along Sukhumvit, but they only want to sell wheels in sets of 4.

Any ideas where to go for a single wheel?

Are there any breakers yards in Pattaya that I might check out?

Thanks.

I recently had a spare wheel stolen from under my pick up, presumably because the tyre on it was new.

I asked a motorbike taxi lad that I know (no, it wasn't him who stole it in the first place) to get me a replacement wheel with a used tyre on it that would be good enough to get me home or to the nearest garage.

I gave him a couple of thousand Baht, and no hassle.

I had a flat not long ago and pretty much every store I went to would sell me a single tire. Some had used tires, some didn't. I ended up at a store on Suk, just before North Pattaya Road, on the left as you are headed north. Great service.

It is rim I am after. not a just a tyre itself.

I've tried many along Suk road with no success for a single rim.

Maybe I'll have to look in different areas. You would not think it so hard to get a single rim or even a pair.

What vehicle ?

Sorry to go slightly off topic.

I have a 1 year old Vigo, I assume there's a spare tyre underneath (This thread has got me thinking though) but is there also a Jack and wheel brace there too?

Yes I know I'm lazy :-)

On my Triton 4 door they are behind the rear seats (pull the seatback forward) - not sure about Vigo.

On sukhumvit not far before banglamung police station on the way out of pattaya ,there is a big yellow building on the bend ,lots of cars parked outside ,they are a breakers ,thousands upon thousands of parts and good service

Nice one.

I'll drive out there and take a peek at what they have. Also nice to know there is a breakers yard not too far away.

It is rim I am after. not a just a tyre itself.

I've tried many along Suk road with no success for a single rim.

Maybe I'll have to look in different areas. You would not think it so hard to get a single rim or even a pair.

What vehicle ?

Volkswagon.

On my Triton 4 door they are behind the rear seats (pull the seatback forward) - not sure about Vigo.

Indeed they are. My dealer showed me this when I collected my car.

He also suggested a spare-wheel lock which he fitted as one of my freebies. I probably wouldnt have thought of getting one without his suggestion and it seems like a good idea to me.