Thai Inventions In The Last 15 Years

AntMan1

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Located in Bangkok, Thailand, the MK Restaurant is about to shift hospitality services to a new level by "hiring" robotic waiters.

The MK Robot Project, initiated by Bangkok University, involves the use of robotic waiters that will take orders and deliver meals.

Like anybody will notice the difference.

Ouch!! clap2.gif

Located in Bangkok, Thailand, the MK Restaurant is about to shift hospitality services to a new level by "hiring" robotic waiters.

The MK Robot Project, initiated by Bangkok University, involves the use of robotic waiters that will take orders and deliver meals.

Ouch!! clap2.gif

Ouch allright

Maybe we will see this robot in Nana plaza some time soonbiggrin.png

Serious though Thailand did invent the HUB of so many things you cannot put a number on

But i think without any doubt..must be the HUB of plastic the bag

So good these plastic bags you can nearly put near a naked flame and they not burnrolleyes.gif

If they say that the normal plastic bag take a 1000 years to breakdown then this Thai plastic bag will surely outlive the other by 9000 years

Easy to find and always accessible, go any direction,N,S,E,or west, in just a few hours, buy just a few item and already you will have a huge collection,

so many to choose from and so little time

Thailand: hats off to you, the inventor and HUB of the long life indestructible plastic bagclap2.gif

Edited by tingtongtourist

As long Thailand continues to disregard copyrights and pattens there will continue to be an underwhelming amount of innovation coming from this country. Why would someone invest in a new idea simply to have someone steal their intellectual property and profits?

• Like 1

The only invention that Thailand has surpassed the other countries of the world in is the exportation of woman overseas to foriegn husbands.

yes, Thai men are really that bad as husbands and fathers.

The only invention that Thailand has surpassed the other countries of the world in is the exportation of woman overseas to foriegn husbands.

yes, Thai men are really that bad as husbands and fathers.

Foreign men come to Thailand. Philippine women go to to foreign countries. When you are passing out the awards.smile.png

Of course they would, since the ice cream would come at the end of the meal.

Not if you said I will have ice ream to finish because Thai dishes arrive in the order that placed.

Of course they would, since the ice cream would come at the end of the meal.

Not if you said I will have ice ream to finish because Thai dishes arrive in the order that placed.

Indeed they arrive in the order that placed, usually all at the same time since the order is placed all at the same time

You think Thailand is doing well. We'll see.

The development in capitalism is a benefit, but it only benefits the few. Not only may it not make the average Thai better off, it may make them worse off. As in other "developing" countries, Thailand has its upper class and it has its slums. With those in government up to their eyeballs in the financial benefits of new growth, most of the prosperity will never reach the masses.

This is no different from China or Brazil or Mexico or India or any other such country. The system is designed to pass the money to the few in power and keep the masses in poverty and under control.

Well put and I would certainly not say that Thailand has a decent infrastructure, depending of course who you are comparing it to but the railway needs a lot spending on it and how to build roads that dont colapse or need repairing in the near future is something that still is a challenge but it keeps people in work. Edited by nong38

You think Thailand is doing well. We'll see.

The development in capitalism is a benefit, but it only benefits the few. Not only may it not make the average Thai better off, it may make them worse off. As in other "developing" countries, Thailand has its upper class and it has its slums. With those in government up to their eyeballs in the financial benefits of new growth, most of the prosperity will never reach the masses.

This is no different from China or Brazil or Mexico or India or any other such country. The system is designed to pass the money to the few in power and keep the masses in poverty and under control.

Well put and I would certainly not say that Thailand has a decent infrastructure, depending of course who you are comparing it to but the railway needs a lot spending on it and how to build roads that dont colapse or need repairing in the near future is something that still is a challenge but it keeps people in work.

They know very well how to build those railways and roads to a decent standard.The problem is that when the budget for the construction is handled it 's on a base of. A million for you and a million for me and another million for my cousin and then one for the actuall constructor, who then handles his received money in a similar manner.

At the end it's pretty difficult to use anything more then sand to make concrete.

They build awesome footpaths.

And fill them up with Telephone boxes, Electricity poles, Trees, Junction boxes, Traffic lights....indeed anything but people !

You forgot noodle and chicken vendors etc as well as their tables and stools. Also the footpath is the correct place to park motorbikes?

• Like 1

Indeed they arrive in the order that placed, usually all at the same time since the order is placed all at the same time

I think you'll find that us intelligent diners wait until the meal is (at least) almost finished before ordering ice-cream.

They build awesome footpaths.

And fill them up with Telephone boxes, Electricity poles, Trees, Junction boxes, Traffic lights....indeed anything but people !

You forgot noodle and chicken vendors etc as well as their tables and stools. Also the footpath is the correct place to park motorbikes?

I also forgot the awnings at head level to keep thesun off the shopkeepers goods and the 45 degree poles that support them. Should the awning actually be above head level (not often), they will hang clear plastic bottles of water off them, sure to get you when you are trying to avoid the "Indian tailor handshake"

To be fair, there are some areas where the footpath is clear, but this is only to lull you into a false sense of security. You can't help but look up to be able to avoid what you may hit your head on and then fail to notice the paving slabs have been replaced by slippery ceramic tiles.

The elastic band that only Thais can untie.

That was a sneaky and racist invention if ever there was one.

Now that IS funny because it is so true tongue.png

Really...you cannot untie the rubber band ?

Thats something...

No I cannot. Once a bag has been sealed with a rubber band, I can only get in with the aid of scissors or a knife. It's nice to know that I am not the only one that has this problem.

And that reminds me of the other Thai innovation of covering furniture in Polythene/plastic before it is assembled so that the only way of getting rid of all the polythene is to totally dismantle it.

• Like 2

Stainless steel that does not do what it says on the can! Primer that does not prime!

I think the 15 years is an arbituary figure, its been going on forever, someone has a good idea ( maybe not in Thailand ) the Chinese or the Japanese copy it, then the Thais know better and completely goof it up, how that sound familiar?

Yeh I know if I dont like living here and I can and live with you.

Fire extinguisher ball. Could use some of those in Chiang Mai in a few months. wink.png

globalpost

Fire extinguishing ball

Several modern ball or "grenade" style extinguishers are on the market. They are manually operated by rolling or throwing into a fire. The modern version of the ball will self-destruct once in contact with flame, dispersing a cloud of ABC dry chemical powder over the fire which extinguishes the flame. The coverage area is about 5 square meters. One benefit of this type is that it may be used for passive suppression. The ball can be placed in a fire prone area and will deploy automatically if a fire develops, being triggered by heat. Most modern extinguishers of this type are designed to make a loud noise upon deployment.[17]

This technology is not new, however. In the 1800s, glass fire grenades filled with suppressant liquids were popular. These glass fire grenade bottles are sought by collectors.[18] Some later brands, such as Red Comet, were designed for passive operation, and included a special holder with a spring-loaded trigger that would break the glass ball when a fusible link melted. As was typical of this era, some glass extinguishers contained the toxic carbon tetrachloride.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fire_extinguisher

The elastic band that only Thais can untie.

That was a sneaky and racist invention if ever there was one.

Now that IS funny because it is so true tongue.png

Really...you cannot untie the rubber band ?

Thats something...

No I cannot. Once a bag has been sealed with a rubber band, I can only get in with the aid of scissors or a knife. It's nice to know that I am not the only one that has this problem.

I can't help but laugh. I guess I'm not the only one that can't open them. I use a razor blade and just cut the wretched thing.