Russians In Phuket

hansgruber

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

language barriers is gonna make many assume the worst...

remember this freedom is all new to them..you have had it always!....?

Okay they are suspicious and maybe don't smile............years of police state..maybe!?

Leave 'em alone..they want a holiday..treat 'em with respect and who knows they may want to come back??

You are absolutely right and almost nothing to add. Being Russian myself and travelling a lot I can understand and compare the matter. I also can add that most of Russian are very "open-hearted" people instead of western people. I also know many examples of absolutely unsutable behavour of Germans, Sweedens, Aussies etc. Please, be more tolerant to them..

• Like 1

language barriers is gonna make many assume the worst...

remember this freedom is all new to them..you have had it always!....?

Okay they are suspicious and maybe don't smile............years of police state..maybe!?

Leave 'em alone..they want a holiday..treat 'em with respect and who knows they may want to come back??

You are absolutely right and almost nothing to add. Being Russian myself and travelling a lot I can understand and compare the matter. I also can add that most of Russian are very "open-hearted" people instead of western people. I also know many examples of absolutely unsutable behavour of Germans, Sweedens, Aussies etc. Please, be more tolerant to them..

There is no intolerance to a specific nationality, here! rolleyes.gif

The topic is about Russians. But it could be changed to Germans, Sweds, Aussies, Tommy's, ....!

The point, as experienced: most people are horrible, 'coming' in a group!

Some are horrible, on their own, but mostly it is the group thing (gang mentality), that makes it worse!

Group behavior is mostly 'natural' behavior, as practiced at home, on the school yard, in the bar, ....!

And if drunk, again less differences to spot.

clap2.gif

• Like 1

Just a friendly reminder to those members that have Russians staying at their establishment, and other members who may meet some Russian tomorrow, that the Orthodox Russian Christmas is celebrated on the 7th January - not the 25th December.

So, if you wish a Russian "Merry Christmas" tomorrow, don't think they are rude if they do not reply, or do not understand you. smile.pngsmile.png

Edited by NamKangMan
  • Like 1

I have met few, years ago, doing business and chance to work with them. Great guys to go out and have good time(suprise?), but too much Vodka for sure. I thought that I have enough experience, but sick.gif . They have their tricks to do it but for sure eating and drinking habits are not most healthy ones on the earth. But of course who am I judge anyone when things are not too much better back home.

Those who I have seen in Thailand are somewhere between shy and rude, some good, some should stay back in Russia. Most of time really not surprised that there have been news about knock downs by local(s). Same thing will happen if you try to pass by others on hot-dog stand in one Scandinavian town middle of Saturday night. And now we're not talking about guy(s) doing it, pretty impressive women I would say, or depends what do you like. Hit by local woman and carried back to the love cave, waking up on the morning and wondering what just happened. shock1.gif In Russia you might beg ladies to take you to the similar place, at least on normal night life venues.

But some things I have never understood fully, aaand someone could say suprise, but I ask anyway. Where that all money comes from out of oil business, arm sales and sales of real or fake consumables(just visiting China and you see that they have fake goods and then thay have 1st class fake goods for Russians). There must be something you Russian friends don't tell us, right blink.png ? And sorry about my ignorance if this would be better question in kidsquiz instead of this forum.

The most common problem is a lack of respect, be it towards local customs or a waitress serving them.

Also we have customers of all nationalities but almost only Russians are haggling about the prices.

Sent from my Desire HD using Thaivisa Connect App

''but almost only Russians are haggling about the prices''

Nothing wrong with haggling.

There is in a restaurant.

The most common problem is a lack of respect, be it towards local customs or a waitress serving them.

Also we have customers of all nationalities but almost only Russians are haggling about the prices.

Some of them are ordering food and asking for glasses. For the big bottles from the 7/11!

But do you start arguing with a group of lit Russians?

Mostly, the restaurant people aren't.

The russians don`t bother me at all.They don`t use the bars and resturants that I frequent and when you get over that cultural difference they are OK people mostly.

90% of the people who annoys me nowadays(except from the Thaistongue.png ) are Middle Eastern,Chinese and bogans bah.gif !!!!

Edited by Yahooka
  • Like 1

I have seen this happened in a restaurant in Karon just last week.

Where that all money comes from out of oil business, arm sales and sales of real or fake consumables. There must be something you Russian friends don't tell us, right blink.png ? And sorry about my ignorance if this would be better question in kidsquiz instead of this forum.

A little strange look at business in Russia.. No difference with others, believe me. I never touched with oil/gas etc. I just run own biz in Russia (electronic components' trading) for last 12 years. You are suffered of strange stereotypes from news-papers and TV, I guess. And yes - our girls are the best and a big variety available, just don't be silly - choose!

PS I don't dring vodka AT ALL. Some wine, beer, barndy with pleasure, but not too much and very rare.

Where that all money comes from out of oil business, arm sales and sales of real or fake consumables. There must be something you Russian friends don't tell us, right blink.png ? And sorry about my ignorance if this would be better question in kidsquiz instead of this forum.

A little strange look at business in Russia.. No difference with others, believe me. I never touched with oil/gas etc. I just run own biz in Russia (electronic components' trading) for last 12 years. You are suffered of strange stereotypes from news-papers and TV, I guess. And yes - our girls are the best and a big variety available, just don't be silly - choose!

PS I don't dring vodka AT ALL. Some wine, beer, barndy with pleasure, but not too much and very rare.

I have to agree with you. Many people stereotype others without even knowing anything about them. I met my first Russians here at least 5 years ago now. They were fun loving people. But in the past year or so, there are many Russian families here with kids. When I'm trying to relax and enjoy the beach, a father decides he doesn't like his son's behavior and makes a big scene in front of everyone. I didn't appreciate it! I had to leave... Of course there are good and bad people from everywhere! But, come on, you're on a public beach...

.... Many people stereotype others without even knowing anything about them. I met my first Russians here at least 5 years ago now. They were fun loving people. But in the past year or so, there are many Russian families here with kids. When I'm trying to relax and enjoy the beach, a father decides he doesn't like his son's behavior and makes a big scene in front of everyone. I didn't appreciate it! I had to leave...

mmmhh, so you like the father better, who is saying "my son can do everything he want! If he want to walk over your bath towel, he can do. if you don't like, you can go"

Actually, there are tooooo many of these 'can do, whatever they want' parents outside these days. Thailand seems to me the major hub for this kind of parenting, anyway.

I would really appreciate a father, taking care his kids one time loud, but after that, .....!

.... Many people stereotype others without even knowing anything about them. I met my first Russians here at least 5 years ago now. They were fun loving people. But in the past year or so, there are many Russian families here with kids. When I'm trying to relax and enjoy the beach, a father decides he doesn't like his son's behavior and makes a big scene in front of everyone. I didn't appreciate it! I had to leave...

mmmhh, so you like the father better, who is saying "my son can do everything he want! If he want to walk over your bath towel, he can do. if you don't like, you can go"

Actually, there are tooooo many of these 'can do, whatever they want' parents outside these days. Thailand seems to me the major hub for this kind of parenting, anyway.

I would really appreciate a father, taking care his kids one time loud, but after that, .....!

No. I prefer him to take his disruptive child, who wasn't doing much wrong IMO, somewhere else, so I don't have to endure either one of them. Why should I have to move or leave when this "adult" kept slapping his child and yelling at him in public?

just an observance, why do so many Russians, ( men and women) have so many tattoo's ? many look like ex cons with their bodies covered in ink.

I`ve met(and I know) a lot of russians/ukrainians,but only 2 of them have tatto`s compared to us westerners where it seems that 90% of us(in all walk of lives) sports a tattoo`s nowadays !!!

• Like 1

All the people here seem to know a Russian, or have a Russian neighbour(s), no stories of wild nights on the town with them. No - one seems to actually hang out with them

Wondering about?

Russians are mostly in tourist locations. And it's reported, they buy at 7/11, instead of buying at high(er) priced bars!

Also they have there own ladies around.

How many TV-member in tourist locations are in Thailand for private parties, without picking at a bar, before?coffee1.gif

btw: Family Restaurant, Rawai has a sign in the door:

Please don't bring any food or drink inside. In English and Russian!cheesy.gif

All the people here seem to know a Russian, or have a Russian neighbour(s), no stories of wild nights on the town with them. No - one seems to actually hang out with them

Wondering about?

Russians are mostly in tourist locations. And it's reported, they buy at 7/11, instead of buying at high(er) priced bars!

How many TV-member in tourist locations are in Thailand for private parties, without picking at a bar, before?coffee1.gif

The Family restaurant is over rated, the guy has tickets on himself, I cant see any random Russians just casually strolling past that end of town. Probably some kind of personal joke between Isrealies and Russians

Yes the Russians I have seen around do loves those 80s looks like mullets and the Olivia Newton John Lets Get Physical style women

• Like 2

Wondering about?

The Family restaurant is over rated, the guy has tickets on himself, I cant see any random Russians just casually strolling past that end of town. Probably some kind of personal joke between Isrealies and Russians

Yes the Russians I have seen around do loves those 80s looks like mullets and the Olivia Newton John Lets Get Physical style women

You would be surprised how many are here now. Family is full of them.

Wondering about?

You mean overrated?

Or overpriced?

Since the last rising of prices, to me, the second looks really prominent!

coffee1.gif

Wondering about?

You mean overrated?

Or overpriced?

Since the last rising of prices, to me, the second looks really prominent!

coffee1.gif

Its just a glorified Kebab shop, there are a heap of better Lebanese Kebab shops in Redfern Sydney. The only difference is The Family has seats, and apparantly Russian customers which does surprise me

Edited by IrishIvan

Its just a glorified Kebab shop, there are a heap of better Lebanese Kebab shops in Redfern Sydney.

Good call for next time I'm looking for some humous or kebab in the Chalong/Rawai area.

Sorry I didnt make myself clearer. Redfern is a small inner city suburb in Sydney which has a lot of ethnic second generation Greeks and Lebanese. Often these people set up Kebab shops that claim to be authentic Arabic food. Its about as authentic as me setting up a Chinese restaurant in Nigeria. I have been to Beruit and other parts of the middle east on many occasions and believe me the food is exquisite. Not like the garbage Family restaurant in Rawaii. The owner is Isreali or Jewish, whatever you want to call it, he has a sign with the Star of David out the front. So is he selling Jewish food or Arabic food?? Now the state of Isreal was set up in 1947. How can he claim to have Mediterranean/Arabic food in one generation? Im an Irish born Australian and I get all the comments like the Irish and Australians have no food culture, blah blah blah. Ive heard it a million times. I also see regular posts that bash Australians, no problem it doesnt bother me at all. I also see other people that say something obvious about appearences or mannerisms of Russians or Thais and they get labelled a racist. Do you have to be caucasian to be labeled a racist?? OK continuing on my rant, Im sorry but I think the Family is not authentic and not tasty. Now as for the Russians there, Im thinking that maybe The Family restaurant has some deal with the taxi/minivan drivers to give them a commission for bringing the Russians there. What else would Russians be doing in Rawaii. I certainly dont see many there. There is a few real estate agents there. But I really cant see groups of Russians travelling from Moscow to dine on Mediterranean/Arabic food in the heart of Rawaii because they happened to stumble upon it walking down Wiset road. Thats crazy. I have actually been into a few Russian bars in Pattaya and Phuket, and I highly reccomend them. The girls are smoking and if you can afford to drop a bit of cash its a great night out. There is one bar right near the enterance to Seduction which is awesome. The women are very cute but they do look like they are still dressing from the 80s smile.png