Electricity On The Islands.

Rooo

That's it, I need to buy a diesel Gen, my petrol one costs more to run then the car.

PM me if you are serious, I have a few brand new to choose between and a new delivery of bigger ones (40KVA, 50KVA, 80KVA) arriving next week.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,
Got a new notice in my hotel that there will be "no electric" tomorrow 8AM to 4PM...
I am in chaweng near bangkok hospital.

Not sure who it concerns.

Hello,

Got a new notice in my hotel that there will be "no electric" tomorrow 8AM to 4PM...

I am in chaweng near bangkok hospital.

Not sure who it concerns.

When driving my son to school, I noticed that the blackout covered the area between the post-office and Chaweng soi 1.

• 2 weeks later...

Dodgy electric this morning from 1 am to about 12.30 pm. One phase out and one phase low voltage.

Plai Laem - northern bit!

Noise from the Arayaburi generator made sure that I could not sleep! Time for a nap now.sleep.png

Well that was good - all phases off from 1.30 pm to 6.30 pm - and the power surge when it came back on burnt out the ceiling fan in the bedroom! It's going to be a hot one tonight sad.png

Dodgy electric this morning from 1 am to about 12.30 pm. One phase out and one phase low voltage.

Noise from the Arayaburi generator made sure that I could not sleep! Time for a nap now.sleep.png

Well that was good - all phases off from 1.30 pm to 6.30 pm - and the power surge when it came back on burnt out the ceiling fan in the bedroom! It's going to be a hot one tonight sad.png

Maybe what needs to be done is a photo taken of the burnt fan and start shaming the PEA post it on there face book and on this site. I realise it's only small action but the message might get out there. Some will say why bother but we need to start some where. If you can't do it there are people on this site that seem to know all and might help.

Maybe what needs to be done is a photo taken of the burnt fan and start shaming the PEA post it on there face book and on this site. I realise it's only small action but the message might get out there. Some will say why bother but we need to start some where. If you can't do it there are people on this site that seem to know all and might help.

You first and keep us updated.

Can we pin this topic lol

Edited by notmyself

You first and keep us updated.

Can we pin this topic lol

Ok I will start anything but I don't have e-mail address for Pea or Facebook any help please send to me. Roo please leave this as a day to to-day topic as when pinned it loses it meaning. Jimmy you are a great sourse of photo as you ride around even all the wires for cable TV hanging off PEA power poles are illegal.

One small problem with that one - I don't do 'social on-line networking'. I do not like the idea of young Turks with no morals knowing what I am up to and stealing/owning my data.

sorry.gifofftopic2.gif

Anyway - the power is OK today.

so far........

• Like 1

They have laid underwater cables and our problems are over. There are no more electric problems.

Seems like someone forgot to tell EGATwhistling.gif

Power has just gone out and it looks like the whole island from here (Plai Laem) but that could just be the rain!thumbsup.gif

KPN looks OK though

Still sweet in Lamai.I can however hear a storm and it sounds like it getting closer.

Had a PM from someone not far from you, .... P-ing down west of you, so on it's way...whistling.gif

Coming down good in Maenam too, but no power problems tonight... thumbsup.gif

Still sweet in Lamai.I can however hear a storm and it sounds like it getting closer.

Had a PM from someone not far from you, .... P-ing down west of you, so on it's way...whistling.gif

Coming down good in Maenam too, but no power problems tonight... thumbsup.gif

Can't hear the thunder now so spared again by the looks of it. When I came to Samui in '99 I'd done a bit of research for a change and found the Lamai area within the confines of the hills which surround it had the lowest annual rainfall on the island. I don't know how large the data set was but it seems to me over the years that it's true. Not good if there is a heavy rain as the water rushes down toot sweet from the same hills which reeks havoc. After the floods island wide in 2011? there was quite a number of trucks here jetting out the klongs and that's done a fine job in Lamai. Not much building here really and given a few serious downpours since the floods I can see no reason why the water drainage system should be sufficient for another good 5 years, perhaps up to 10.

Question is, will the system be maintained at all? Should be being done now I would have thought but what do I know. This is where much but not all of the corruption is going y'know. Even if, despite the odds, something was built to standard which is below the specifications given but still up to a good standard, not one single Baht will go toward its upkeep.

Baan Taling ngam, already 9 hours without power dry.png

I really wonder what they would say if I would pay my bill the same way they deliver their electricity, only 50%!

My wife has been calling over and over, in Samui no one seems to pick the phone, and when she call the main number, oh well, you could just say they don't even give a <deleted> about it...

But in the meantime our fridge reaches almost room temperature, so I kinda start worrying about our food angry.png

blink.png 15 hours without electricity and counting, now it starts getting a little frustrating here...

Do you have a transformer nearby?Are you on a private estate?Are you running off a private transformer?

Did you pay your electricity bill?

They are very quick to disconnect your meter when the bill due date has passed and they haven't got any payment, 3-4 days and you are off the grid.