Forum maintenance tonight from approx. 11pm - 1.30am ×

Electricity On The Islands.

Rooo

here's a document containing informations and facts regarding the power supply on the islands.

As I have posted earliar, they have to fix the old existing problems. Yesterday 2 hours cut, this morning 7 hours cut. Seems to me that the elektisity-workers on this Island are completely unskilled. Or the board want to save money and let the bad thimes roll.

• Replies 802
  • Created
  • Last Reply

here's a document containing informations and facts regarding the power supply on the islands.

As I have posted earliar, they have to fix the old existing problems. Yesterday 2 hours cut, this morning 7 hours cut. Seems to me that the elektisity-workers on this Island are completely unskilled. Or the board want to save money and let the bad thimes roll.

Where was the 7 hour cut this morning please?

Where was the 7 hour cut this morning please?

In my house at the hillside next to Baywiew Resort

i can see electric generoators at every main transformer on the island is the whole island being powered by gernorators

They are back up generators Big C, they have been there since the blackouts.

i can see electric generoators at every main transformer on the island is the whole island being powered by gernorators

They are back up generators Big C, they have been there since the blackouts.

Anyone seen them running early afternoon (non peak hours) because I have.

I heard that the power is meant to be out again 21-22 is this true?

Heard from two separate locals and also someone wrote on here that there are trucks driving around saying the power will be off.

Seems legit at least this time it's expected... Looks like cold showers and take away for another few days...

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

Heard from two separate locals and also someone wrote on here that there are trucks driving around saying the power will be off.

Seems legit at least this time it's expected... Looks like cold showers and take away for another few days...

Cannot give source, but the main cable was only fixed on a temp basis, thus power outages can occur again at any time to an extend as previously experienced. Have not seen or heard of trucks though.

OK here at Plai laem so far

Cannot give source, but the main cable was only fixed on a temp basis, thus power outages can occur again at any time to an extend as previously experienced. Have not seen or heard of trucks though.

yep the whole system will be shaky until the additional cable is fitted in March. (If all goes to schedule)

maybe just a rumor! :-)

I've just come back from HomePro Chaweng, there was a Thai man who had bought a large electricity generator.

I heard some of the conversation between the client and the seller.....

The customer said to the employed of HomePro that between 3. until 5. January 2013 we will have

a full power cut again as last time (4.-6.12.2012).

Because the main cable was only fixed on a temp basis and need some maintenance again.

The last repair (3days) was only finished to 85%.

Can somebody from you confirm this "rumor" or "hearsay"?

Thanks!

PS: Makro has enough candles in stock now! also new large thick candles (new products).

Fill up your Stockpile now!

PS2: just forget to say, next year there will be no more Benzine 91 available in Samui (also in Thailand),only Gasohol95, Gasohol91 and Gasohol E20 and E85. So buy now Benzine 91 for your power generator and all the other stuff of machines and engines that don't like this ethanol/alcohol.

maybe just a rumor! :-)

I've just come back from HomePro Chaweng, there was a Thai man who had bought a large electricity generator.

I heard some of the conversation between the client and the seller.....

The customer said to the employed of HomePro that between 3. until 5. January 2013 we will have

a full power cut again as last time (4.-6.12.2012).

Because the main cable was only fixed on a temp basis and need some maintenance again.

The last repair (3days) was only finished to 85%.

Can somebody from you confirm this "rumor" or "hearsay"?

Thanks!

PS: Makro has enough candles in stock now! also new large thick candles (new products).

Fill up your Stockpile now!

PS2: just forget to say, next year there will be no more Benzine 91 available in Samui (also in Thailand),only Gasohol95, Gasohol91 and Gasohol E20 and E85. So buy now Benzine 91 for your power generator and all the other stuff of machines and engines that don't like this ethanol/alcohol.

Should probably ask this in the motorcycle forum, but seeing as you mentioned it...Do any of these Gasohol products have an adverse effect on either engine or mileage?

WOW - a good way to start panic buying.

I do not know about the power cut, but I do know that at the PTT place on the ring road just south of the turn off to Lam Din market, the 91 is NOT gasohol. When I asked for gow nung gasohol I was told mai mii. When I looked at the sign - it is unleaded. Not the same.

Regarding the 'adverse affect' - I have been running a 10 year old Neuvo (or definitely one of the first ones on the island) on the 91 unleaded/gasohol and I have not noticed any difference - except that the price has gone up lots.

No worries to run 4 strokes engines on gasohol, the only adverse effect might be corrosion inside carburator and damage the rubber seals but these get damaged anyway and need replacement from time to time.

i'm running an old mio since more than 5 years on gasohol, no issues and a lot of KM on the teller by now.

91 gasoline is red while 91 one gasohol is green.

WOW - a good way to start panic buying.

I do not know about the power cut, but I do know that at the PTT place on the ring road just south of the turn off to Lam Din market, the 91 is NOT gasohol. When I asked for gow nung gasohol I was told mai mii. When I looked at the sign - it is unleaded. Not the same.

Regarding the 'adverse affect' - I have been running a 10 year old Neuvo (or definitely one of the first ones on the island) on the 91 unleaded/gasohol and I have not noticed any difference - except that the price has gone up lots.

no....no...no, don't get panic, it was intended only as a information for people who are interested.

Gasohol 91(green), that's benzine 91 with 10% ethanol.

Gasohol 95(orange), is benzine 95 with 10% ethanol.

Benzine 91(red)/95 is maybe pure benzine, maybe no ethanol (PTT won't tell me) or max. 5% same as in europe since a long time.

PTT sell this Gasohol 91 in Talingnam, Huathanon and also in Maenam (i am sure about this).

Last week i had real problems with a half tank of Gasohol E20 in my engine, it work's but the engine

was not really happy (carburettor version), maybe the injection engines can use it without any problems.

Nouvo, Mio, Fino are certified from yamaha to use Gasohol 91 every day.

From the news section:

Extra Power To Prevent Blackouts During New Year Celebrations: Thailand

BANGKOK: -- Ten tourist destinations will be provided with power reserves to handle demand and prevent blackouts during New Year celebrations, Provincial Electricity Authority (PEA) governor Namchai Lorwattanatrakul said yesterday.

The PEA has prepared the power reserves for Chiang Mai, Phuket, Hat Yai, Nakhon Ratchasima, Udon Thani, Khon Kaen, Ubon Ratchathani, Chon Buri, Koh Samui and Koh Pa-ngan to prevent the kind of blackouts that hit Samui for three days early this month, Namchai said.

Namchai said the PEA would be able to supply power reserves to cities on land without much difficulty by providing two additional generators at two locations in each city.

As for Samui, which has only one power cable under water, it has to provide a mobile electricity generator of up to 10 megawatts fuelled by diesel.

For Samui to achieve power stability in the next 10 years, the Cabinet has approved investment to install one more power cable under water that can generate more than 100MW. The long-term plan is to construct a power plant on the island to prevent blackouts that adversely affect the image of the island, which is a world-class seaside resort.

http://www.thaivisa....tions-thailand/

From the news section:

Extra Power To Prevent Blackouts During New Year Celebrations: Thailand

BANGKOK: -- Ten tourist destinations will be provided with power reserves to handle demand and prevent blackouts during New Year celebrations, Provincial Electricity Authority (PEA) governor Namchai Lorwattanatrakul said yesterday.

The PEA has prepared the power reserves for Chiang Mai, Phuket, Hat Yai, Nakhon Ratchasima, Udon Thani, Khon Kaen, Ubon Ratchathani, Chon Buri, Koh Samui and Koh Pa-ngan to prevent the kind of blackouts that hit Samui for three days early this month, Namchai said.

Namchai said the PEA would be able to supply power reserves to cities on land without much difficulty by providing two additional generators at two locations in each city.

As for Samui, which has only one power cable under water, it has to provide a mobile electricity generator of up to 10 megawatts fuelled by diesel.

For Samui to achieve power stability in the next 10 years, the Cabinet has approved investment to install one more power cable under water that can generate more than 100MW. The long-term plan is to construct a power plant on the island to prevent blackouts that adversely affect the image of the island, which is a world-class seaside resort.

http://www.thaivisa....tions-thailand/

A new power plant on the island most likely coal fired or nuclear

Archived