Electricity On The Islands.

Rooo

Spend my time based between Tao Samui and Phuket.

Can confirm that Power supply in all 3 areas is totally random and shiite at best smile.png

Only difference is as follows:

Tao : just goes off after several minutes of on off on off on off, no one knows when or why.But if lucky you have robbing bstd namseng at 65 bht per unit poor supply but something

Samui: rains it often stops, when major outage normally get some notice.(last big outage being exception)

Phuket: Off for 10-15 mins back on most days.Major outage announced by trucks, people knock on door tell you its coming normally day at worst.

So in summary Island power is generally shiite, the smaller the island the more random it is (IMO)I have lost count of how many electrical goods blown up by spikes etc.

nb. dont know abut KPG tend not to go there but according to my customers there, much the same as Samui depending on where you are.

Edited by stiggy
  • Like 1

livinthailandos

Posted 19 minutes ago

I just got this letter today from the PEA and from what my staff just translated for me that on Thrusday Jan 10, from 6 am to 12 pm in maenam, bophut and chaweng no electricity. You can view the letter for yourself.

Attached Thumbnails

• post-70185-0-05481500-1357543471_thumb.jpeg

livinthailandos

Posted 19 minutes ago

I just got this letter today from the PEA and from what my staff just translated for me that on Thrusday Jan 10, from 6 am to 12 pm in maenam, bophut and chaweng no electricity. You can view the letter for yourself.

Attached Thumbnails

Thanks very much for posting this. With a small baby, it is handy to know in advance.

Actually, the PEA could do themselves a PR favour and do this whenever they know something. I think most people understand, as long as they know in advance and can plan ahead. The ballbuster is when you are caught with no water, no ironed shirt and a freezer full of food.

It's nice to know in advance when or if the power is going to be cut. But at the end of the day just believe it when you see it!

What happens if it's dark?

Any mentions that Lamai & HuaThanon might be Back in Black?

livinthailandos

Posted 19 minutes ago

Attached Thumbnails

Actually it only says Maenam and Nathon according to my wife.

a new rumor about the electric going around, just found out this morning, Rumor as below

There are rumours that bankok wants back the power supply trucks on 15 january because they gave them for peak season. after that samui will get power 5 hours on/ 5 hours off base.

If any of you can disprove this rumor please post it.

If any of you find any other information about the matter post it as well

a new rumor about the electric going around, just found out this morning, Rumor as below

There are rumours that bankok wants back the power supply trucks on 15 january because they gave them for peak season. after that samui will get power 5 hours on/ 5 hours off base.

If any of you can disprove this rumor please post it.

If any of you find any other information about the matter post it as well

f

fake as usual, the trucks only provide 10% of koh samui's needed power supply, without them we might experience the regular power outage for one or two hours at max.

• Like 1

Maenam sub station...

I heard yesterday and then again today from a different source, that the new underwater line from Khanom, will be coming under water to the new substation near Soi One in Maenam.

There is a little road just by the bridge (near where the big blank ad sign is (no ad) )

So I headed down there today just to see what was going on....

No power lines coming across the island, just I thought... although they are stringing new lines on new poles, along the ring road...

Here are the pictures... one worker said something about "three"... not sure if he meant three months or three weeks !!! ? .... but at least there has been lots of activity around the substation lately though...thumbsup.gif

post-85461-0-52776600-1358428522_thumb.j

post-85461-0-14842100-1358428528_thumb.j

post-85461-0-31916400-1358428545_thumb.j

post-85461-0-50209400-1358428555_thumb.j

...wifey says it's 0800-1400 tomorrow Jimmy but I haven't verified where the info came from.

Mine has not been off, (yet!!! wink.png ) but I can hear a generator going from a house on next Soi, this morning... But then the electric grid in Maenam is a bit odd!

The source of my info came from the neighbour kids, who were told at skool, it would be off!!! Guess the time line was a bit off! biggrin.png