Electricity On The Islands.

Rooo

...wifey says it's 0800-1400 tomorrow Jimmy but I haven't verified where the info came from.

Mine has not been off, (yet!!! wink.png ) but I can hear a generator going from a house on next Soi, this morning... But then the electric grid in Maenam is a bit odd!

The source of my info came from the neighbour kids, who were told at skool, it would be off!!! Guess the time line was a bit off! biggrin.png

According to Nathon City (https://www.facebook.com/nathoncity), which is generally well informed, the power cut will be on 28st Jan from 08.00 till 14.00 around Ban Tai.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Bophut is off as well

Saying that power is off in Bophud is quite useless information.

Bophod is a big district, covering Chaweng Bangrak PlaiLaem and Chungmon, ie the whole north-eastern part of Samui.

I live in Bophud and have not had any power cut today..

Found this, interesting:

Thais Urged Not To Panic Over Upcoming Solar Storms

BANGKOK, 8 February 2013 (NNT) - The Department of Disaster Prevention and Mitigation (DDPM) held a seminar on the impact of solar storms that the US space agency predicted would hit the earth by May of this year.

• 2 weeks later...

Why is it always the Bangrak / Plai Laem area that gets the power cuts?

Im getting sick of it.

No power at my house on the Ghost Road from around 400-730pm today, yet all of Chaweng is absolutely fine.

Many years ago (10-11) it was Lamai that got power cuts on an almost daily basis which would last around 4 hours. I guess major upgrades were made which is why there are only a few these days.

Had a cut around 4pm so went to bed and it was back on when I got up 90 minutes later.

Heads Up:

Power supply to Thailand will be disrupted early April.There has been several articles about it in the news forum & the possibility of some production disruptions as factories might have to shut down.

Now these reports vary from one day to a week.

Here is the latest link as it will also affect power supply down South.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/621472-start-saving-power-now-pm-urges-public-and-business/

I was off for a couple of hours, from about 4pm on again about 6.30 ..... Other parts of Maenam seemed to be OK...

Good needed rain though !

It's only rained twice in the last few weeks (month?) and each time the power has gone off in my bit of Mae Nam. I reckon that the big crocodile clips that the generator trucks are using to clamp onto the existing power lines are shorting-out with the water.

I'd rather get my cabbage patch soaked tho, even if they can't see what's going on.

ps - anyone know which small domestic generator makes the least noise? Looks like I might need one over the next two months . . .

R

Edited by robsamui

I was off for a couple of hours, from about 4pm on again about 6.30 ..... Other parts of Maenam seemed to be OK...

Good needed rain though !

It's only rained twice in the last few weeks (month?) and each time the power has gone off in my bit of Mae Nam. I reckon that the big crocodile clips that the generator trucks are using to clamp onto the existing power lines are shorting-out with the water.

I'd rather get my cabbage patch soaked tho, even if they can't see what's going on.

ps - anyone know which small domestic generator makes the least noise? Looks like I might need one over the next two months . . .

R

I buy a chinese brand at Home Pro for 5000 thb but it was 2 years ago. It deliver 700 watt and i found that is enough to power lights, fans and computers. The fuel consumption is quite low and the noise too, the only disadvantage is the smell. I've connected it to my main electric panel and i've build a case with noise insulation and heat extractor (a bathroom fan). If sombody is interested i can post pictures of the installation. I am really happy of my investment.

Power off YET again here in Plai Laem. Every day this week now. sad.png

What is going on? Someone? Anyone? blink.png

Yes this is the most frustrating part.

Does anyone actually know what is going on with the electricity supply? I finding myself sitting at home of an evening watching a movie and wondering how much of it i'll see before the power goes off. This place has become a bit of a unfunny jokeblink.png

Power off YET again here in Plai Laem. Every day this week now. sad.png

What is going on? Someone? Anyone? blink.png

Yes this is the most frustrating part.

Does anyone actually know what is going on with the electricity supply? I finding myself sitting at home of an evening watching a movie and wondering how much of it i'll see before the power goes off. This place has become a bit of a unfunny jokeblink.png

Try getting soaped up in the shower and then the pump stops..... crazy.gif

• Like 1