Electricity On The Islands.

Rooo

• 3 weeks later...

I've just been informed that Electric in my area of Bang Por will be off from 8.30 am until 4 pm... on June 12th (Monday)

I am not  sure how wide an area it will cover...

Fairly rare event for electric to go off around here!

6 hours ago, Schnitzel von Crumb said:

Is there any way to find out when there are planned electric outages? Live in Bang Por and power out today with planned outage.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Fortunately one of my Thai neighbours came and told me after the truck had gone by the other day,  announcing the outrage today ..

I have a sneaking suspicion it maybe out tomorrow as well (?)... makes for a long day with no water or fan!

Perhaps get to know a few of your Thai neighbours, I find they are quiet helpful often times ...:thumbsup: Very often the announcements are only in Thai with someone driving around in a pickup.

• Like 2

On ‎12‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 4:01 AM, SamuiRes said:

Bangrak Planned Power Outage Thursday 15th June

We are told the power will be out 0900 - 1200.

We have received written notice of this - so it must be true!!!!

We are between the Ghost Road and Replay

Thanks for the warning, fortunately we weren't cut off further up the Ghost Road.

Off this morning though for 2 - 3 hours from about 7am.

Again tonight. Anyone any suggestions what I should do? this is getting ridiculous. I'm seriously thinking of moving off the Island.

My lights flickered two seconds tonight, first time in six months now in south Chaweng, it's not an island wide problem.

5 hours ago, PoorSucker said:

My lights flickered two seconds tonight, first time in six months now in south Chaweng, it's not an island wide problem.

I would agree with the above. 

Outside of maintenance days, my electricity is very good. I can't quite give it 100% reliability, but I can say 98% or 99% (Mae Nam).

Perhaps a new neighbourhood?

Cheers

Edited by Samui Bodoh
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, TheLobster said:

Again tonight. Anyone any suggestions what I should do? this is getting ridiculous. I'm seriously thinking of moving off the Island.

Here in Bangrak, off Saturday night for several hours, Sunday night about three times, and again this morning since around 8am. It's still off now at 11am.

As you say, it's getting ridiculous.

On ‎25‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 7:33 PM, PoorSucker said:

I know people that have had serious problems in that area previously and yet I've never ever seen a single post reflecting those problems from you.

Do you by any chance have a business interest in the area?

Heard a loud bang and power went off again ten mins ago here in Bangrak. Fan running slowly, so maybe lost a phase.

Went off last night also with the rain.

Edited by phetphet
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, TheLobster said:

Samui Jimmy will never admit to it !

Sounds like down to 1 phase.

Not even a flicker since the last scheduled time it was down a week or so ago....... so nothing to admit!:tongue:

But there are different grids around ..one neighbour not so far away reckons they are on the Koh Phangan grid.... that is hard to figure! :blink:

We don't all live on the dark side.....:whistling:

Edited by samuijimmy

4 hours ago, samuijimmy said:

Not even a flicker since the last scheduled time it was down a week or so ago....... so nothing to admit!:tongue:

But there are different grids around ..one neighbour not so far away reckons they are on the Koh Phangan grid.... that is hard to figure! :blink:

We don't all live on the dark side.....:whistling:

Lucky they not on the Koh Tao grid.....   (sorry, all the KT nonsense in this forum got my mind polluted)

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...