Classic And Vintage Cars To Star At Hua Hin Automobile Concours

webfact

Classic and vintage cars to star at Hua Hin Automobile Concours

c2.jpeg

HUA HIN: -- Centara Grand Beach Resort & Villas Hua Hin (A member of the Leading Hotels of the World) in cooperation with Hua Hin Municipality and with the support of the Tourism Authority of Thailand, Prachuap Khiri Khan Province, and other five-star hotels in Hua Hin is organising Hua Hin Automobile Concours 2012 during 14-16 December 2012. This event is held every year, with 2012 being the 10th year.

The event this year is dedicated to Thailand’s three auspicious occasions, the 85th birthday of His Majesty King Bhumibol, the 80th birthday of Her Majesty Queen Sirikit and the 60th birthday of His Royal Highness Crown Prince Maha Vajiralongkorn, all of which fall in 2012.

The aim of this year’s event is also to assist in creating destination awareness, throughout Thailand and abroad, as well as displaying the charming classic and vintage cars.

Highlighted cars include Police General Niyom Karnjanawat’s Hub Mobile 1914, the only one in Asia. Sawad Hohrungrueng will present his Mercedes Benz 300 SL Roadster 1955, Pot Vijittanont his Mercedes Benz 300 SL Gull-wing 1955, Witthawat Sawad-Chutoh his Ferrari Dino 246 GTS 1974, and there will be many more classic vehicles. Part of the proceeds generated from the event will be donated to the Chaipattana Foundation.

Full story: http://www.pattayada...obile-concours/

-- Pattaya Daily News 2012-12-14

footer_n.gif

I thought something like this must be in town. Yesterday I saw both an early 50's vintage Chevrolet and Plymouth going down Phetkasem road. Sure brought back memories of my early childhood. It must cost a fortune to keep cars like that in mint condition here.