Citizenship

I thought that a man married to a Thai could now go straight to Citizenship.

Does the OP have extensions of stays or visas? Does the OP have a valid work permit? Many things to take into consideration, read the links provided.

Edited by beano2274

Does the OP have extensions of stays or visas? Does the OP have a valid work permit? Many things to take into consideration, read the links provided.

Yes, I do have extensions of stay and WP. I read links and can give them all they ask for.

So, it costs 5,000 baht to become a citizen. It seems obviously better than applying for a Permanent Residency.

It seems much easier than I thought. I had thought that passing Por 6 Thai exam was needed. Although I read Thai, I write so well.

Yes, I do have extensions of stay and WP. I read links and can give them all they ask for.

So, it costs 5,000 baht to become a citizen. It seems obviously better than applying for a Permanent Residency.

It seems much easier than I thought. I had thought that passing Por 6 Thai exam was needed. Although I read Thai, I write so well.

The main thing is to have a reasonable salary and have paid tax on it for the past 3 years.

From memory, an average of 40K a month in income is what is needed.

The main thing is to have a reasonable salary and have paid tax on it for the past 3 years.

Thats what I thought but the tax would be minimal on 40k and there are so many posters on here that say the payment of substantial taxes is paramount. Best thing is to apply and see what happens. Am sure each case is taken on individual merit regardless of the tax system

Is it worth applying if my documented salary is only 37k pet month;?

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Thaivisa Connect App

Is it worth applying if my documented salary is only 37k pet month;?

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Thaivisa Connect App

According to the information I have, you can also fulfill the income requirement if you can show proof of income tax payment of Baht 50k in the year prior to the application and records of payment for at least three years.