Finding Work In Thailand

How difficult is it to find work in thailand?? i currently work as a Medical Sec here in the uk. Would like to do somthing similar PA based work. If this is not an option how difficult in general is it to get work in thailand.

Many Thanks lucy

How difficult is it to find work in thailand?? i currently work as a Medical Sec here in the uk. Would like to do somthing similar PA based work. If this is not an option how difficult in general is it to get work in thailand.

Many Thanks lucy

Teaching is your best option!

Great place to play and spend money but not to work and earn money.

Can you speak Thai and deal with their regulations on foreigners working there?

Better to live off your income from stocks,CDs,real estate in your country,etc.,then to try to find a job and earn a living.

Better to live off your income from stocks,CDs,real estate in your country,etc.,then to try to find a job and earn a living.

It goes against the grain but thaisticks hit the nail on the head,

jobs for falang are normally in this order...

Teaching English to the thai brats - (requires TEFL course), which if its your kind of thing then this may be very easy to get into.

Scuba Diving (As a DM or OWSI). Work is more adventurous (although returning to the same location can become tedious) yet requires a substantial investment.

Company work - Not easy to get into, but there are very occasional openings. You usually need to know someone on the inside.

It took me ten visits to thailand before I finally got my foot in the door with (decent) work. Even with a company paycheck the moneys never what it should be so get a second income via whatever means.

It goes against the grain but thaisticks hit the nail on the head,

jobs for falang are normally in this order...

Teaching English to the thai brats - (requires TEFL course), which if its your kind of thing then this may be very easy to get into.

Scuba Diving (As a DM or OWSI). Work is more adventurous (although returning to the same location can become tedious) yet requires a substantial investment.

Company work - Not easy to get into, but there are very occasional openings. You usually need to know someone on the inside.

It took me ten visits to thailand before I finally got my foot in the door with (decent) work. Even with a company paycheck the moneys never what it should be so get a second income via whatever means.

Finding a reasonable job is not easy and the pay rates are poor unless you have a special transfer from an off shore HQ to a Thailand base . I was lucky we had a holiday retreat in Thailand and I never wished to work here ..it is the hardest place I have ever worked in ...without a doubt 10 previous countries . But after finishing in Bangladesh and arriving back for some R&R , I was offered a job literally as soon as I switched my phone on in the taxi from the airport , working for a Thai company ... as the only Farang. I work in the clothing industry for the big names

I excepted and have been trapped here since Salaries are 40 % higher in the Phillapines, Sri Lanka , India and although I love it here and actually enjoy the challenge I will soon have to go off shore ie away from Thailand as when I calculate how many pay days left till I retire it scares me how few there are .