Non-O Thai Wife - Money In Bank Changed To 2 Months Duration ?

Hi Guys,

Need to renew the Thai wife Non-O 1year visa in a few months.

1- My wife knows this officer in Bkk immigration, and he said I just need to show 400.000 bahts on my account for 2 months prior to visa renewal. Wasn't it 3 months ?

2- is joint account acceptable (with my parents), or only in my name ?

First time applying 400,000 baht in a thai bank account with only your name. Every year after it should be 3 months before you apply for the visa. A thai bank account with only your name will be accepted at Immigration. Plus they seem to be getting really funny about this special government high interest accounts that maybe your spouse can help set up in your name also.

Does the 400k have to new money each year and seen to have come from abroad or can it be the same 400k that just sits in the account year after year?

Same for retirement can the same 800k be used year after year with no account activity?

There is no requirement for the money to change but they might ask to see your living account (a bank account with something in it and being used) at some point. Many people, especially on retirement, do just keep money in a fixed deposit account as emergency medical insurance type thing.

There is no requirement for the money to change but they might ask to see your living account (a bank account with something in it and being used) at some point. Many people, especially on retirement, do just keep money in a fixed deposit account as emergency medical insurance type thing.

That's good to know. I currently have a foreign income but when I retire in a few years will rely on my Thai income which is all through my wife so plan to deposit 800k and just forget about it treating it as the one off cost of me staying here. When I renew my 1 year married extension they ask for photo copies of my bank book so assumed they were interested in seeing the transactions and foreign transfers into it.