Can Anyone Recommend A Few Good Bangkok Property Agents?

After 3 years of trying to ‘flog a dead horse’ I have decided to change the selling strategy on my large, luxury house which is on the market in Pattaya.

Since the flooding last year, there has been an upsurge in interest from wealthy Thais living in Bangkok, who are either looking for holiday homes, or permanent residences for their families in Pattaya, (which at one time was considered very down market, but these days, not so much).

So as the title says, I am looking for a few Bangkok based property agents who target rich Thais, as I feel there must be many Thais who may be interested in a house such as mine which is in an ideal location.

My large, luxury house, which was valued at 18M baht four years ago, (but which I am now prepared to sell at a very substantial discount), is located within 3 minutes’ drive of the Bangkok/Rayong expressway, 2 minutes’ walk from Pong market, and only 10 minutes’ drive down the motorway extension into central Pattaya, without having to trawl through the east Pattaya traffic. It is also less than 5 minutes’ drive from the Mabprachan Lake area which is fast becoming a beautiful, landscaped, lakeside park.

The airport is an hour away and central Bangkok under 90 minutes, well within commuting distance, and I know several who do just that from my corner of east Pattaya.

Anyway, I'm not trying to sell the house on this thread, I'm just trying to give some background to the property location in case there is anyone out there – maybe in the business- who may can point me to a suitable Bangkok agency.

To be honest, over the past few years I have yet to find a single agent who is prepared to make any reasonable effort to sell my house, so I am really looking for an agent in Bangkok who can see the potential in my property and is prepared to try to promote it in the right market.

Thanks for any replies.

Befor the BKK Thais, have you tried with any of the numerous Russian agents in Pattaya..Most of the Thais that want a bolthole in Patters or Hua Hin want condos....Worried about flooding so prefer something off the ground, thats my expeience. DD property website is big amongst Thais, try putting on yourselfe.

Edited by PattayaPhom

Befor the BKK Thais, have you tried with any of the numerous Russian agents in Pattaya..Most of the Thais that want a bolthole in Patters or Hua Hin want condos....Worried about flooding so prefer something off the ground, thats my expeience. DD property website is big amongst Thais, try putting on yourselfe.

Yes, Thank you for all that.

To my knowledge there are no Russians buying houses in East Pattaya. I know of others who have tried to sell to Russians out here and failed. Maybe they prefer seaside locations, or it's the herd mentality, plus the restaurants etc have Russian food/menus in downtown Pattaya.

Or maybe it just matter of time before they inch out eastwards.

Yes, I am aware that the big demand is for condos, but I do know of a few rich Thais who have bought houses out here, and right now I think they are the most likely market. I remember many years ago that many Thais bought houses in an upmarket housing development near Bang Saen, where I also had a house. It was all police generals, and other rich Thai businessmen who moved there with their families and commuted to Bangkok. I am hoping that a similar situation may happen here, now that the roads are much better..

can not remember the agency name, but try this guy, Thai but raised in US, speaks fluent English and gets around smile.png

Jay 0817791759

Thank you, but is he Bangkok or Pattaya based?

Bangkok,

I have met a few of his clients, one was heart surgeon from private hospital, another one was Regional operations bank manager, so i think he is in the right circles.

Edited by lemoncake

thais don't like second hand houses with "history" smile.png

I accept that many Thais are averse to buying 2nd hand property, although my earlier experience in the Bang Saeng area where, (as with my house in Pattaya), the houses were being sold at considerable discounts, indicates that there are situations where local buyers will enter the used housing market.

Can you please explain what you mean by "history"

I accept that many Thais are averse to buying 2nd hand property, although my earlier experience in the Bang Saeng area where, (as with my house in Pattaya), the houses were being sold at considerable discounts, indicates that there are situations where local buyers will enter the used housing market.

Can you please explain what you mean by "history"

i think what he meant was thai are superstitious which is true, but with i am sure that can be worked around by placing Buddha around the house :)

Most do prefer new unless it is something special or a real bargain..one important issue is the land shape...rectangular is by far the best, any quirks will put them off, also on a corner isnt good.....supersticious I know but thats their believes.

Most do prefer new unless it is something special or a real bargain..one important issue is the land shape...rectangular is by far the best, any quirks will put them off, also on a corner isnt good.....supersticious I know but thats their believes.

Rectangular, yes, and no deaths or mysterious, ghostly happenings.

Also blessed by the monks when the first ground was broken, and again when construction completed.

No dodgy companies involved in ownership - comes with a clean chanod, free of encumbrances and all necessary building permits.

Are there any more 'history' things I should worry about?

Believe a couple of Thai families up the back of the 9999 bar near Mabprachan...think 1 bought 1 renting...probably others.

Yes, as I was saying, this area of East Pattaya (Pong-Mabprachan) has tremendous potential for well -off Thai families and I know that some have already taken the plunge.

At present I live in a large village not far from 9999 where the houses sell for around 5 - 6 million Baht and many have their own pools; its a mid market, very mature development. I would say that at least 60% of the properties here are owned by Thai families, most of whom seem to have regular jobs or businesses and are not short of a bob or two and they keep their properties well maintained.

The times out here are a changing and I feel confident that there is a market for my own, up-market house, if only I can find the right connections.

A few years back, I made flyers and posted them on notice boards at offices around the Sukhumvit/Asoke area, got a great response and sold the property advertised, although this was in the 7mil range....maybe worth a try.

Sound interesting. Were the enquirers Thai or farang?

I'm not in Bangkok so how would I go about posting flyers? Just walk in and stick them there, or do you ask permission?

A few years back, I made flyers and posted them on notice boards at offices around the Sukhumvit/Asoke area, got a great response and sold the property advertised, although this was in the 7mil range....maybe worth a try.

Sound interesting. Were the enquirers Thai or farang?

I'm not in Bangkok so how would I go about posting flyers? Just walk in and stick them there, or do you ask permission?

Thai enquiries, most of the buildings around that area host many companies in one block, my wife asked at reception and all except 2 or 3 said it was OK...yes you will need to go to BKK and have a Thai speaker with you if you are not fluent.