Parking Around Cm Immigration - Beware Of The Boot!

zippydedodah

I was there today (note, my 90 day report took about 15 minutes to complete)... and having arrived around 11am, the parking lot was full and next door was chained up.

About 10 cars had parked curbside, on both sides of the street, towards the airport.

When i came out of my brief visit... all those cars had been booted and ticketed.

I am glad that we parked at airport central and walked...

I went with my brother to the immi office a couple of months ago. We parked across the road as well. As we had to wait to be dealt after lunch we had a feed at the restaurant where we parked the car. Not too bad at all. It wasnt all vegetarian stuff as I had a chicken curry. What a madhouse CM immi is compared to the Phibun Mangsahan office that I use down here in Ubon. You might get 5 farangs per day there plus a few Lao.

And when I was there on Monday the scanning PC, the one that reads the bar codes on the sticker in your passport, was broken (so say the un tech savvy looking old man working the 90 day desk) - the copier out back was running red hot and no matter how many copies were asked for, everyone got 20 bahts worth it seems!

I do not think it is beware the boot but beware your parking place. None of us like going to CM immigration but how would you like working there. The Burmese workers trying to do things legally have overloaded the system and facilities and there doesn't appear much help is on the way for the immigration officers and office.

• Like 2

I do not think it is beware the boot but beware your parking place. None of us like going to CM immigration but how would you like working there. The Burmese workers trying to do things legally have overloaded the system and facilities and there doesn't appear much help is on the way for the immigration officers and office.

How would WE like working there isn't the issue. I'm sure there are thousands of Thai's that would love to work there. Government job, pension, 5 day week office hours + public holidays, decent salary, air con, sitting down and ooh the power.

I do hope that help is on the way soon, my heart bleeds for them.

• Like 2

How would WE like working there isn't the issue. I'm sure there are thousands of Thai's that would love to work there. Government job, pension, 5 day week office hours + public holidays, decent salary, air con, sitting down and ooh the power.

Your just jealous because you haven't got a rubber stamp.biggrin.png

• Like 2

Shhhhh wink.png

Shhhhh wink.png

Any can you imagine how many 500 baht payments for Residency Certificates with no receipt goes through every day.......that would add to the attraction for sure. Hell, I would supply my own rubber stamp.

Any can you imagine how many 500 baht payments for Residency Certificates with no receipt goes through every day.......that would add to the attraction for sure. Hell, I would supply my own rubber stamp.

laugh.png Yeah, terrible job....exploitation at its worse!

Mind you it used to be better, when foreigners with Thai g/f or wives, turned up bearing more gifts than the three wise men. wink.png

• Like 1

Funny how people will call the BIB corrupt for taking 200 Baht for a traffic offence, but no one says a word about immigration taking 500 Baht for something that is perfectly legal and should cost nothing. Anyway, regarding parking, I went past there the other day and the whole area, people, cars, bikes looked like some kind of mass gathering waiting for ASSK & Obama to turn up. Right now, I only go once a year (by appointment) and that is once a year too many.

• Like 1

Was there yesterday for my retirement renewal. Appointment 13.30, sailed through in about 15mins, but then the dreaded 90 minute wait for some top dog to approve what his staff have already approved! Jeez, the place was like a madhouse, people milling about everywhere, too few seats, a real picture of chaos.

• Like 1

The D'Lite vegetarian restaurant is closed and the parking lot gates are closed and padlocked So that is why the cars were parked (and booted) on the street.

I parked there on December 11th for my 90 day sign in. I did notice the first set of gates were closed but the second set just before the petrol station were open.

I leave my car at the LPG station across from immigration and have it washed while I am taking care of business. Two jobs accomplished at once!

I did my 90 report yesterday and parked at the LPG station opposite immigration.Cost was 40baht for 15 minute stay. People were still parking on the main road and there were a lot of highway police around as a Princess was in town. Not sure if they were clamped or not