Control Freak Farangs

GuestHouse

The OP refers to behaviours which are extreme, locking her up, controlling her dress and makeup, access to friends or family and finances.

Extreme ? Since when preventing your wife from squandering your money, dress like a whore and getting dead drunk with "friends" is extreme ? If a husband has to resort to lock and/or tie her up it is surely because there's no other way to contain her bad behaviour.

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ as mentioned above, personal attacks rather than adressing rhe subject under discussion.

Nobody is forcing you to read that which offends you so much.

and nothing is forcing you to write such ludicrous bullshit in the first place ... farang abusing Thai wives... the joke of the year.

The OP refers to behaviours which are extreme, locking her up, controlling her dress and makeup, access to friends or family and finances.

Extreme ? Since when preventing your wife from squandering your money, dress like a whore and getting dead drunk with "friends" is extreme ? If a husband has to resort to lock and/or tie her up it is surely because there's no other way to contain her bad behaviour.

For the sake of clarity, can you point out where in this thread any previous mentiong has been made of 'squandering money', 'dressing like a whore' or 'getting drunk'?

Edited by GuestHouse
  • Like 2

For the sake of clarity, can you point out where in this thread any previous mentiong has been made of 'squandering money', 'dressing like a whore' or 'getting drunk'?

Penefattores guest appearance on this thread is likely short lived..thankfully.

• Like 1

I don't recall those behaviors being mentioned? But even so, If I had such a wife I wouldn't resort to tying her up. I'd give her the boot.

I can't imagine tying a woman up unless she begged me to. cheesy.gif

The caveman approach notwithstanding, wouldn't any man worth his salt avoid marrying such a woman in the first place? Even if he initially misses those traits during the early days of the relationship, surely if they are so unpalatable to him, wouldn't he just bin her rather than wasting energy and time trying to control her?

I'm constantly amused by guys who, having met their wife while she was wearing provocative clothing or at least seen her attired in that way during the course of the "courtship", suddenly turn around and suggest she's dressing "like a whore" simply by virtue of the fact that he's married or made a commitment to her.

Major insecurities methinks

I like athletic women.

Edited by chiangmaikelly

uh huh, yeah.

i am uncertain as to how one could be so stupid as to marry such a woman in the first place, let alone feel aggrieved enough to abuse her rather than just cutting his losses and cutting her loose.

• Like 1

Some men want to control every little thing a woman does, says, wears or just thinks. However, some women actually choose men like that, and go from one control freak to another. I think that might have come from an abusive childhood where the girl never thought she was good enough.

Some women want to control every little thing a man does, who he sees, who his friends are, who he is allowed to bring into their home, how he spends his money, etc., etc.

What I dislike about this thread is the misandry demonstrated by so many posters and the actual topic title, (foreign) 'men are evil' is the OPs cry, but that (and assorted other posts) just shows the bigotry of the various posters. Just as many women behave like this as men. A particular nasty cultural turn of events in Thailand is that many Thais seem to think domestic violence is acceptable. I would like to point out that violence towards any other human being is completely unacceptable and there is no valid reason why anyone should just use that tired old stereotype that domestic violence is mainly (or totally) about men hurting women.

I would agree with you. Domestic violence by either party (male or female) should not be acceptible. I already said that in my reply. But, I was replying to the original topic about Farang men who take Thai wives and force them to live in a foreign country with little or no outlets to enjoy themselves. This topic is not about you or I and how we treat our friends or spouses. Any man who who physically or mentally abuses his spouse or girl friend is a beast. If he chose someone who was likely to be unfaithful then he only has what is coming to him. If he doesn't like who he married then get a divorce. It was his conscious decision to do so. Women tend to be manipulators and men are usually more straight forward. It's just the way we are and have been for centuries. Women use sex as just one of many ways to get what they want. If men are too foolish to know that then they have whatever it is that is coming to them. If a man takes a poorly educated bar girl for a wife he shouldn't expect her to change into a sweet young innocent over night. Bar girls have had their hearts broken many times and just react to the way they've been taught.

• Like 1

Any man who who physically or mentally abuses his spouse or girl friend is a beast.

If I may correct this into an acceptable form "Any person who physically or mentally abuses his partner is a beast" without the misandry. You can write the same sentence without demonising men, which is what your posts (and many others) are essentially doing. And if I may also point out, in Thailand the young wives are often physically more powerful then the elderly foreign men, and very quick to strike out. There are no cultural taboos on man (or woman) beating in Thailand.

Edited by TommoPhysicist

The caveman approach notwithstanding, wouldn't any man worth his salt avoid marrying such a woman in the first place? Even if he initially misses those traits during the early days of the relationship, surely if they are so unpalatable to him, wouldn't he just bin her rather than wasting energy and time trying to control her?

I'm constantly amused by guys who, having met their wife while she was wearing provocative clothing or at least seen her attired in that way during the course of the "courtship", suddenly turn around and suggest she's dressing "like a whore" simply by virtue of the fact that he's married or made a commitment to her.

Major insecurities methinks

I like athletic women.

Female body builders?

• Like 1

Any man who who physically or mentally abuses his spouse or girl friend is a beast.

If I may correct this into an acceptable form "Any person who physically or mentally abuses his partner is a beast" without the misandry. You can write the same sentence without demonising men, which is what your posts (and many others) are essentially doing. And if I may also point out, in Thailand the young wives are often physically more powerful then the elderly foreign men, and very quick to strike out. There are no cultural taboos on man (or woman) beating in Thailand.

The Guardian, June 7, 2011:

http://www.guardian....ic-violence-men

"Men still represent a substantial proportion of people who are assaulted, injured or killed by an intimate partner (50%, 30% and 25% respectively)"

Edited by andrew
  • Like 1

I was going to have a big go at you but others have already said it all really. My wife doesn't drink, I've seen whores in jeans and a tshirt does that mean she cant wear those and as far as squandering money goes I believe I explained my approach to the issue, without being specific. Go back to your box.
  • Like 1

It seems there are an awful lot of inadequate men out there who treat their Thai wives/girlfriends like some kind of property, scared sh1tless of allowing another human being the independence we all have a right to.

Yet there are more good Farang men who try to get the bar out of the Thai woman in a loving way, and fail.

• Like 1

That all sounds rather sad. I see more of the opposite from mixed couples living in Thailand. Guys who seem to have been voluntarily castrated when they moved in with their girlfriend and are no longer able to come out for a drink without their other half tagging along to keep an eye on them.

The version I hate is when the guy gets a phone call every 10 minutes when he is out with friends. Switching off doesn't work because she will turn up 20 minutes later to find out what's wrong with his phone.

Tell me about it. And the guys it happens to always seem to be normal, healthy males - no clue that they are about to turn into a big jessie as soon as they start dating an evil Thai lady (*joke*). My other half never seems to care where I go or what I do when I go out - which I suppose should worry me a little!

She can't turn up twenty minutes later or any other time if he makes sure she doesn't know where he is.
  • Like 1

lucky people. my wife always try to stop me going out. just recently i was stopped from joining a thai visa party. and she had a say in my dressing as well. she refuse to let me wear my scoccer jersey out

Think it was your soccer boots that tipped the scales whistling.gif ..................................laugh.png

Just reading this for the first time, thought i' d chip in.

I recocnise what Guesthouse is saying and this issue moves me a lot. Some extreme cases are mentioned but normal everyday cases apply just as well.

Example: when i was in a Thai bar a farang and his spouse where arguing quietly. When suddenly the farang grabs her by the arm and exclaimed loudly for everyone to hear:"You can never talk to me like that in front of my friends!" I am sure she had her reasons.. But it doesnt justify the treatment she has just been given. I could only imagine how he treats her at home.

In the west the control-freak men are being tamed by western woman and behaviour as such is condemned. I think in LOS(or at home with TGF) these men think they can getaway with this and feel more freely to develop their narcissistic behaviour. A Thai woman is more humble and susceptible for indoctrination and this allows the wrong farangs to abuse them.

Very creepycoffee1.gif

• Like 1

Example: when i was in a Thai bar a farang and his spouse where arguing quietly. When suddenly the farang grabs her by the arm and exclaimed loudly for everyone to hear:"You can never talk to me like that in front of my friends!" I am sure she had her reasons.. But it doesnt justify the treatment she has just been given. I could only imagine how he treats her at home.

Hmmmm ..... most Thai girls I know would whack the scoundrel with a beer bottle, or stab him with the steak knife. I'm wondering where I can find these 'humble' ones you talk about? My wife is psycho vicious and quick tempered (but in a cute way). Took me ages to persuade mine not to carry a huge flick knife in her purse all the time.

Edited by TommoPhysicist

Hmmmm ..... most Thai girls I know would whack the scoundrel with a beer bottle, or stab him with the steak knife. I'm wondering where I can find these 'humble' ones you talk about? My wife is psycho vicious and quick tempered (but in a cute way). Took me ages to persuade mine not to carry a huge flick knife in her purse all the time.

Different strokes for different folks wink.png . I lived with a vicious girl a few years. I have grown out of it and prefer the mild and easy now.

• Like 1

Different strokes for different folks wink.png . I lived with a vicious girl a few years. I have grown out of it and prefer the mild and easy now.

I have also lived with an unpredictable quick to temper/violence/abuse woman (not Thai) and I am certainly happy not to be in that type of relationship now. I look for the warning signs early on.

By comparison my Thai GF is a meek and mild lamb