3 Days Before Christmas Why So Quiet!

ThaiTrav

I was in Pattaya a couple of weeks ago, the place was packed, tourists everywhere, the mrs says Central was heaving.

The bars looked pretty full to me, in the Sailor bar it was stand outside and wait for a seat.

We read the same crap Pattaya is dying, its nothing of the sort, Pattaya is moving onwards and upwards, yes there will be collateral damage along the way, for that read CC's.

Pattaya offers value for money in terms of, hotels, restaurants & food, beer and drinks, and company should you desire. this value for money is nowhere to be found in the region, in fact if Pattaya was so crap why do people fly in from all over the world?

Are the women in Brazil really so bad Brazillians feel the need to come here.

If you want poxy wank jazz music, you are in the wrong town, try Thong Lor in Bkk.

No. They actually have breasts there too.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

All the hot girls are sponsored or hanging out with a young 2 week bilionaire tattoo bloke in ibar... too much demand and not enough supply, that is what is happening.. walk around soi 7/8, how many stunners left in the bars ? bah.gif

Pretty much the case- the "power" is shifting to the girls :)

All the hot girls are sponsored or hanging out with a young 2 week bilionaire tattoo bloke in ibar... too much demand and not enough supply, that is what is happening.. walk around soi 7/8, how many stunners left in the bars ? bah.gif

Pretty much the case- the "power" is shifting to the girls smile.png

How so?

For another poster questioning the veracity of what I said about the Sailor bar, its only an observation on my part.

That bar has been there for years, I know its easy to knock the place, its patrons and staff, but it must be doing something right.

Go early evening, the last of the afternoon drinkers are still drinking or leaving, the early evening diners are starting to arrive, another busy time is about 9 in the evening, the afternoon session people have left, the early evening diners are starting to leave and head out on the town, about the same time those that have been on the piss since early afternoon elsewhere are starting to arrive for a nose bag before going to bed, at the same time the night owls are in for a few cocktails before heading off elsewhere.

Personally I dont think its rocket science, a simple excell spreadsheet and some what if scenarios should give an indication of how many beers a day you will need to sell just to break even, sadly for many the numbers dont stack up.

Lets say rent and expenses, 90k per month, thats 3k clear profit per day you need just to break even.

If the Wonderful bar by the Lek hotel can sell beers for 50 baht and stay in business its possible, give the public what they want.

I have seen it too often where guys by a bar and spruce it up into the kind of bar they want to drink in, sadly others dont share their point of view.

I like no hassle bars, cant be doing with places where the girls have a my shit dont stink attitude and pester me for overpriced lady drinks, I leave these places to the 2 week millionaires.

Better value to be found on Soi LK.

Just remembered another popular bar in the soi 7 area, Paddy bar, another place thats doing something right.

I agree with you. The Sailor Bar is doing good business, why? Good cheap food, cold cheap beer, no hassles from the girls, 60 baht Cocktails and top management and it's a good place to go with your missus. There are serval bars that have been around a long time doing ok, Eagle Bar soi 7, Mickey Bar, Ma Mak bar, Tiger Bar, Purple Bar and Puy Bar in New Plaza, they all have a common theme and that is cold beer at 50 baht and good service and no hassles from the girls unless you want that. As to those bars that want to charge 80 baht for warm drinks and have aggressive girls up to them, no customers.

when visiting pattaya i like to to soi chaiyaphum just of soi bukhow by oasis go go bar.in the afternoon through to late the bars there are always very busy and until 8pm you get 2 for the price 1 so i'm drinking tiger beer for 45 baht.at that junction with soi diana its always mad with traffic and people and some good value food places around there too.

I like the Sailor Bar.

Not everyone wants to be in an in your face, buy me drink, ear splitting noisy bar. Food and drink are at very, very good price points and I have yet to have a bad time there.

Where exactly is the "sailor bar"? Thanks...

Where exactly is the "sailor bar"? Thanks...

You remember that little soi you use to use to duck up to immigration a few years back? Before Jomtien opened up? Right on the corner there, where the phone box is, almost opposite the Flipper Hotel soi 8.

Edited by bmanly

The latest addition to Jomtien - the Rumpho bar complex - next to Jomtien Market - is an example of how overbuilding and greed

has led to a quiet bar scene. I would say at least a third of the bars are for sale and many have just been open for just

a few months. Many restaurants that were trying to charge more than 200 Baht have closed. Cheap charlies rule here and

Jomtien will never have the same market as Bangkok.

It was more active in the low season 8 months ago than now.

Quiet in Pattaya during high season? Ten years ago the tourist-season started in mid-october to last until mid-march!! No big mistery why this is a thing of the past.

No secret at all. The world economy is doing very badly. If it was like ten years ago, Pattaya would be swamped with Western tourists.

The latest addition to Jomtien - the Rumpho bar complex - next to Jomtien Market - is an example of how overbuilding and greed

has led to a quiet bar scene. I would say at least a third of the bars are for sale and many have just been open for just

a few months. Many restaurants that were trying to charge more than 200 Baht have closed. Cheap charlies rule here and

Jomtien will never have the same market as Bangkok.

It was more active in the low season 8 months ago than now.

Yep. That Rumpho Bar Complex is a money pit. The big bar near Jomtien Second could get some business, but as you walk further and further away, the amount of customers decrease exponentially. If anyone is paying more than 1k baht per month in rent for those bars in the back, they are getting robbed. If they are charging you more than 60 baht for a Sangsom coke, you are being robbed.

Quiet in Pattaya during high season? Ten years ago the tourist-season started in mid-october to last until mid-march!! No big mistery why this is a thing of the past.

No secret at all. The world economy is doing very badly. If it was like ten years ago, Pattaya would be swamped with Western tourists.

20 years ago I saw plenty of, Indian, Arab and Asian tourists, long before the IMF crisis of '97 and the onslaught of the farang Euro trash riff raff from Malaga and Torremolinos, long before the ravers from Aya Napa and Benidorm arrived.

There are plenty of people in Pattaya, the demographics are changing, for the better, the CC's will go back to their 18-30 holidays, the golfers will return to Portugal, and the people fed up with the rip offs will return to Cyprus or Gran Canaria.

The days of 45 to the $ are long gone, so are the 2 week millionaires it attracted.

20 years ago I saw plenty of, Indian, Arab and Asian tourists, long before the IMF crisis of '97 and the onslaught of the farang Euro trash riff raff from Malaga and Torremolinos, long before the ravers from Aya Napa and Benidorm arrived.

There are plenty of people in Pattaya, the demographics are changing, for the better, the CC's will go back to their 18-30 holidays, the golfers will return to Portugal, and the people fed up with the rip offs will return to Cyprus or Gran Canaria.

The days of 45 to the $ are long gone, so are the 2 week millionaires it attracted.

At 30 to the $ they are only 5 day millionaires anymore.

Edited by jbrain
  • Like 1

But the ladies still think they'll get the same dollar.

Likewise the pound; 70 to 49 baht. 30% DOWN. GFE gone, PSE non existant.

Why even bother going to Patts?

• Like 1

Yeah, but you're judging the exchange rate from an all time peak with now. How about a comparison to the 80's and 90's, before the Asian financial crises?

It all depends where you start. Anyone who budgeted their retirement income on the basis of an all time peak (76 odd baht) will be in trouble now.

Also bear in mind that we don't all come from England. Australians are doing way better now than 10 years ago on the currency exchange rate. Nearly 50% better in fact.

post-34982-0-70921300-1356458850_thumb.j

Edited by tropo

Was out in the bars on WS tonight and there was no shortage of customers. Many bars has signs up that the bar fines were 2000thb and yet there still seemed to be a shortage of girls. Someone's still paying.

Was out in the bars on WS tonight and there was no shortage of customers. Many bars has signs up that the bar fines were 2000thb and yet there still seemed to be a shortage of girls. Someone's still paying.

a lot of them went home for Christmas

and 2000baht bar fine, <deleted> is that all about, oh I get it, 5 straws one coke 5 Indian or middle eastern men to one girl, isn't that how it's going down there now - the place is ruined

a lot of them went home for Christmas

and 2000baht bar fine, <deleted> is that all about, oh I get it, 5 straws one coke 5 Indian or middle eastern men to one girl, isn't that how it's going down there now - the place is ruined

Oh yeah, I'm sure that's it. A lot of Thai sex workers went home for Christmas to be with their families during the busier and moist lucrative time of the year. That explains everything.

• Like 1

I personally know quite a few that did but I'm sure that's not it

They don't go anywhere for Christmas, they don't even celebrate Christmas, but I wish the construction workers would have taken a day off today.

• Like 1

A lot of the Girls regulars are over for Christmas so they are already spoken for for the 2 weeks of their Dahlings visit. The reason for 2000 baht fines is simple economics, if the bar fines are lowered there will be no girls therefore no customers.

• Like 1

A lot of the Girls regulars are over for Christmas so they are already spoken for for the 2 weeks of their Dahlings visit. The reason for 2000 baht fines is simple economics, if the bar fines are lowered there will be no girls therefore no customers.

Before most of the bar fine goes to the owner/manager, has this changed?

Of course someone is still paying. Sex is the most powerful drug in the world.

I know a regular who arrived earlier this month, and had paid 148Euro to change his ticket, so he could be here 2 days earlier.

Before most of the bar fine goes to the owner/manager, has this changed?

Why would you think that would change?