Akon Finally Confirmed For Patong Beach In 3 Days

byrne1916

They've confirmed it on their Facebook and in the Phuket Gazette :)

• The event will have the worlds largest floating stage, Guiness book of records will be there to measure the stage.
  • Foreign Royalty and stars will be in the floating VIP area.
  • 40 Thai Navy and 20 scuba divers to rescue any drunks from drowning!
  • They've brought in 200 mobile ATMs (dunno where they're gona put them)
  • Akon WILL BE THERE, but Paris Hilton won't (she just did the press release)
  • Akon is not being featured on their home website because they couldn't agree with his managers promo wishes, but he will play the event.
  • Street vendors being displaced will get a free pitch inside the event, and the poor jet ski operators will get 30k baht compensation.
  • Tickets can be bought on the gate and at 7/11
  • The audience is now 20,000 people, down sized from the 50,000 they planned.
  • Entrance is at Patong Beach police station, if you can't print tickets then bring your receipt from 7/11 with you.

People have be asking about the free event, well Thaibev will still be holding their free event also on the beach so the choice is yours, but if you want to see the stars then you need to pay for it.

Got to admit I didn't see this event going ahead myself after seeing it move from Surin Beach.

More info see -

http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket_news/2012/Sydictive-Element-New-Year-mega-beach-party-is-on-in-Patong-19796.html

I attached the line up I got from their facebook page, but nobody knows the line up times yet.

(Their Facebook page is worth checking also, cause I noticed they never updated their website.)

Hope I cleared up alot of the rumours that have been going around Phuket :)

post-147766-0-54008500-1356596227_thumb.

I wish them luck in pulling this off.

3 days till the event seems a little late in getting things decided.

But, who knows?

Looks like they have some top DJ's coming.

Between that and the building the world's largest floating stage, paying off the mafia and locals, finding accomodation in this high season for all workers, performers, etc. .................Well, I can't imagine.

But, Woodstock was similar planning. Although the producers lost money on it orginally

According to the local news source not to be named (rule 31.) Vice Governor Somkiet Sangkaosutthirak, said that the event was ''very high risk, but we have to do it.'' Insert connected father: Dr. Vorachart Petnunthawong. Who says: his son came to Phuket as a tourist and got the idea that he would like to have the biggest beach party in the world here. Great! So connected daddy calls in some favors for his spoiled brat son? What a joke the Phuket government officials are. The news from Phuket gets more amusing every day. Too bad it's not a bad joke, instead of reality!

People have be asking about the free event, well Thaibev will still be holding their free event also on the beach so the choice is yours, but if you want to see the stars then you need to pay for it.

LOL. I have never been an groupie type of person and I can not understand why anybody would pay to see stars? Specially in this case when there might be need of an telescope to be able to see them at the floating galaxies.

I hope you'll have a great party, but I simply fail to see any sense in all of this hassle.

There is not a single one of these "Superstars" who would make me try to visit that party. I guess I will be able to hear the noise from my home anyway... sad.png

I'm sorry that you'll have to put up with the noise! I really don't understand how playing CD's or records makes a DJ a "superstar." I guess I'm old and worked as an audio engineer for too many real "superstars" to understand...

GOMS only need to check here and pickup new recruits.

http://www.phuketgoms.org/

There is not a single one of these "Superstars" who would make me try to visit that party. I guess I will be able to hear the noise from my home anyway... sad.png

I'm sorry that you'll have to put up with the noise! I really don't understand how playing CD's or records makes a DJ a "superstar." I guess I'm old and worked as an audio engineer for too many real "superstars" to understand...

So you enjoy electronic hypno "music?" I thought music actually involved the playing of an instrument or singing. Even Ray Charles said that rap wasn't music!

Edited by Jimi007

So you enjoy electronic hypno "music?" I thought music actually involved the playing of an instrument or singing. Even Ray Charles said that rap wasn't music!

Me? Well, after 30 years, I'm planing to talk about Lady Gaga in the way some old hipsters talk about No more Rolling Stones, The breathless and other grandpa music nowdays.

But rap artists.. well, I just hope there will be a day they all find belts and braces to hold their trousers up.

Me? Well, after 30 years, I'm planing to talk about Lady Gaga in the way some old hipsters talk about No more Rolling Stones, The breathless and other grandpa music nowdays.

But rap artists.. well, I just hope there will be a day they all find belts and braces to hold their trousers up.

LOL! Funny! The last Stones show I worked was over 10 years ago. They were still okay. The last performance I saw of their's was pathetic! Lady Gaga was somewhat interesting and she can sing!

I was thinking the same thing. I looked at the list of "superstars" on the website, and I don't know any of them. Maybe I'm getting old? I clicked on the Akon links....sad.png

I'm sitting here on my balcony over looking patong beach, no sign of this record breaking 8th wonder of the world floating stage, so today is the 28th, so they have 1 day to somehow materialize the worlds largest floating stage, where is it being constructed, how will it be put in place, what anchorage will it have, hows the electric getting to it and Thai workers will be behind this magical feat, i hear the theme from titanic.

I hope i'm proved wrong but it simply can't be put together in 1 day.

Akon, i heard of his brother "Enron", run off with money or something

if they pull it off "well done", if it's a disaster "we told them so", i think the latter

whats to see?

when will they start the construction?? its already the 28th

the music will be so loud i will most likely hear it at home in kamala.

Best time of the year to avoid Patong!!!Not t

not to mention it seems to rain every new years eve :-)

I like Akon, they rest have never heard of

Edited by phuketrichard

I'm sitting here on my balcony over looking patong beach, no sign of this record breaking 8th wonder of the world floating stage, so today is the 28th, so they have 1 day to somehow materialize the worlds largest floating stage, where is it being constructed, how will it be put in place, what anchorage will it have, hows the electric getting to it and Thai workers will be behind this magical feat, i hear the theme from titanic.

While eating noodles this afternoon, I was thinking the same thing. I wonder if there are any surplus pontoon bridges around, and a few spare CH-46s with pilots?

350px-DM-ST-86-08356.JPG

Who's akon?

He's an American (born Saint Louis) who claims to be Sudanese and sings rubbish in a Carribean accent.

whistling.gif

Aliaune Damala Badara Akon Thiam born Saint Louise, Senegal.

With 31 Music awards since 2003 with over 300 guest appearances and more than 35 Billboard Hot 100 songs. He has worked with numerous performers such as Michael Jackson, Eminem, Snoop Dogg, Whitney Houston, Bone Thugs-N-Harmony, Gwen Stefani and many more artists. He has had five Grammy Awards nominations and has produced many hits for artists such as Lady Gaga, Colby O'Donis, Kardinal Offishall, Leona Lewis etc. Lady Gaga, T-Pain and many other artists who were given their chance at fame by Akon.

I think possibly he is probably worthy of Patong beach unless there are some bigger acts performing on NYE? Please inform me if there is and I'll make plans immediately.

Some of you guys sound so old commenting about how you can't understand how a DJ could make music, or the music today sucks, etc.

You sound like my father when I was 13 and the Beatles were just getting popular.

C'mon, the music that started back then hasn't changed much at all in the last 50 years and now, there's a change in the air and so, the old guys are complaining.

I think it's a good thing and am ready for new styles, whether they are rap, reggae, house, trance, dub, or rock.

Or some high dollar DJ's creating their own mixes of all of them.

As long as it's not jazz. tongue.png

There IS an art to what they do. If you don't believe me, download some DJ program (some decent ones are free), and try it yourself. Post your results here if you think they are good enough

I wonder how many locals at Woodstock said they aren't going to hear that drug induced music they call rock when Jimi Hendrix, 10 Years After, and Carlos Santana, plus so many folk singers were slated to play. And probably most of those, now wish they would've gone.

Anyway, I do agree that they waited a little long to get started and it could be a bit of a disaster.

But I still wish them (the promoters, artists, and party-ers) luck in pulling this off.

Who's akon?

He's an American (born Saint Louis) who claims to be Sudanese and sings rubbish in a Carribean accent.

whistling.gif

Aliaune Damala Badara Akon Thiam born Saint Louise, Senegal.

Got me, apologies.smile.png

I'm sure there wasn't an e on the end of his birthplace when I checked.