Where Can I Get A Copy Of Tintin In Thailand?

AbeSurd

How much are you prepared to pay ?

The query is on behalf of a friend who isn't a ThaiVisa member.

If you have a copy or know how to get hold of one please PM me with your contact details. I'll pass them on to my friend and he can talk money with you.

Thanks.

I bought the English version 3 or 4 years ago near Khao San Road but it is no longer available from the same place.

I once saw copies of the original French/Belgium version on sale in a Burmese run Italian restaurant in Chiang Mai. ( I think the drawings are in colour in the original version)

I was surprised to see a few days ago copies being sold on Silom Road, I think the English b/w version.

If you walk down Silom Road towards the river, on the left before you reach the Jewellery Trade Centre/Holiday Inn, (but after Nui's Jazz bar) there is somebody selling them on the street.

I will double check tomorrow. Post me if you want me to confirm that they are still on sale.

How much are you prepared to pay ?

The query is on behalf of a friend who isn't a ThaiVisa member.

If you have a copy or know how to get hold of one please PM me with your contact details. I'll pass them on to my friend and he can talk money with you.

Thanks.

Would we be correct in assuming that your friend works in the enforcement of intellectual property rights?

Would we be correct in assuming that your friend works in the enforcement of intellectual property rights?

Ha ha. You would be very incorrect. He just likes collecting this sort of thing.

Besides I'm enjoying a long and distinguished career on ThaiVisa. Why would I now risk incurring the ire of other members?

On the other hand, if you're feeling the need to confess something, PM me as soon as possible crazy.gif

If you have the pdf version, take it to a decent photocopy/printing shop and get them to print & bind it for you.

Should come out very well, did for me many years ago...........................wink.png

Edited by chrisinth

If you have the pdf version, take it to a decent photocopy/printing shop and get them to print & bind it for you.

Should come out very well, did for me many years ago...........................wink.png

Thanks. My mate's got the pdf too. But he's a collector - so he wants 'the real thing'.

Thanks. My mate's got the pdf too. But he's a collector - so he wants 'the real thing'.

I think a lot of what is classed as "original" today, will actually be what we were talking about, printed pdf's. Unless someone has an original and wants rid of it.

When Tin-Tin in Thailand was released, I think it was on the shelves for about a day before it was banned here. Not sure how many original prints there were made in that first batch, but that was quite a few years ago.

• 5 months later...
  • 10 months later...