Options After Multiple Entry Visa Is Finished?

Wow every 15 days a border run that's nuts. Can u extend that for 30 days longer like tourist visa or no? I can't imagine every foreigner is doing this?

And can u apply for a new tourist visa on any of the borders? Meaning, not fly home and come back?

Wow every 15 days a border run that's nuts. Can u extend that for 30 days longer like tourist visa or no? I can't imagine every foreigner is doing this?

And can u apply for a new tourist visa on any of the borders? Meaning, not fly home and come back?

7 days extension for review of 15 and 30 day entries. Apply for Tourist Visas at Thai Consulates outside of Thailand, Vientiane and Savanakhet, Laos still seem to be popular. Apply in the morning, and pick up your passport the next afternoon, 1000 Baht per entry, and 30 day extension within Thailand available for 1900 Baht.

Edited by beechguy

You need to visit a Thai embassy, and you will be restricted on back to back applications I think

Yeah, how many times u could get a tourist visa like that?

I'm looking for permanent solution and since i'm only 30, it's a long time till i'm 50...

Thx beechguy for the answer

It depends on what passport you have. There are about 5 Latin American passports that can get 90 day visa exempt stamps at the airport, not sure about land border. Russia gets 30 days land border, not sure about air.

Most Western countries like USA, UK, AU get 30 days by air, 15 days by land.

I have met people who do several back-to-back 15 day land border runs. It is more conenient to aim for a double-entry tourist visa, or if you can qualify, multiple entry non-immigrant [whatever category].

You need to visit a Thai embassy, and you will be restricted on back to back applications I think

Yeah, how many times u could get a tourist visa like that?

I'm looking for permanent solution and since i'm only 30, it's a long time till i'm 50...

Thx beechguy for the answer

Not necessary to just go to an embassy, you can apply at a consulate or honorary consulate. Look at the link.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/189375-latest-reports-of-getting-a-visa-in-the-region/

Non-Immigrant visas are available for marriage, employment, owning a business, and a popular option is an "ED" visa for education, often used to study language.

Multiple entry non-immigrant visas are the way to go, but a bit harder to qualify for. Your best bet is the ED category if you can get an invitation letter from school (language, diving, monestary, university, etc), or the O category if you have a Thai spouse/child. A "B" visa if you can get an invitation from a business.

What country is your passport from? multiple entry visas can be difficult to get from neighboring SE Asia countries and may require that you apply from your home Thai [honorary] consulate or a further away Thai embassy/consulate, like this example.

Most licensed Thai language schools seem to charge around 22-30,000 thb for the school plus you have to extend your visa every 90 days at immigration (1900 thb) in the district you live or go to school.

My Thai school is a cheap option at Thai culture center station mrt my friend went to. He said it was crap but they did not care if you came often or not. I went to language express plen chid bts station and it was very good. Prices only differ by a few thousand.

Kozz, you could start to learn about your options for Thai classes and an ED visa by checking out the sponsors of this forum. Also, you could go to the forum for the area where you live (like the Chiang Mai TV forum, if you live there) and ask which schools have a good reputation. It would help if you share with folks on that forum any special concerns -- like flexibility with scheduling, wanting to learn Thai script rather than transliteration from the beginning, etc. Also geographic limitiations. For example, I'd love to take the program at Payap in CM, but I don't want to try to commute totally across town five days a week.

• Like 1

Kozz, where do you live?

When I was looking for a school to get my Ed visa last year I went to the Excel school near Big C Pattaya South.

The soi runs between Big C car park and Pattaya Tha (South) road, just before Sukhumvit Road

It is not a scam school, they are very dedicated, in an informal way, to teaching you the Thai language at this school.

They let you sit in on a lesson or two, tell you what you need for the Ed visa and do all the paper work for you.

I'm not sure of the price this year because I'm back on a non Imm O this time, but it was 20.000Bht last year.

Have a look at the link. http://www.excelanguage.com/

LoZ.

Edited by LoZth

I recommend you to get an education visa. I heard, you can get three in a row, so that helps you to stay for three years and to find a Thai lady, that you wish to marry or to establish enough contacts to get a job or business visa.

Of course you should be interested in learning Thai.

Here is an article with descriptions about some schools offering it:

http://www.dontworryjusttravel.com/index.php/en/component/content/article/3-rss/163-learn-thai-in-bangkok-top-5.html

Most licensed Thai language schools seem to charge around 22-30,000 thb for the school plus you have to extend your visa every 90 days at immigration (1900 thb) in the district you live or go to school.

My Thai school is a cheap option at Thai culture center station mrt my friend went to. He said it was crap but they did not care if you came often or not. I went to language express plen chid bts station and it was very good. Prices only differ by a few thousand.

I've heard a lot of good reports about Language express, The only thing that put me off was their timetable. You would have to sit and study it for ages to find what times etc, suit you.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm from Belgium

Might look into the ED visa then. Any cheap recommendation that is not a scam? I'm looking to learn the language anyway.

And who knows, get married later biggrin.png

I think the ED visa is a very good idea for you, as you actually do want to learn the Thai Language!

I can recommend the school I go to, as I have had ED visa from them for past 3 years and never had any problems.

The school is called Pro Language.

I am not sure where you are staying in Thailand, but that school has branches in Pattaya, Chiang Mai, and Bangkok.

Its a real professional school and is thought of well at the immigration as it has a good reputation. I think the cost of the classes and visa is about 23,000 baht. You can look on their website or contact them yourself for more details.

U can do the thai language thing for only 3 years, right? Then I'm stuck again. Unless I marry, wich I'm not really a fan off.

I'm thinking about just going to Cambodia, theres no hassle of visa's, no border runs and easy to set up buisiness.

Then again, it's not Thailand.

Choices, choiches.