What's The Weather Doing Now?

Oh good. biggrin.png

Moved to the Christianity forum......wai.gif

Holy Smokie! Now we are going to be confused by the year again! tongue.png ..... it happens anyway.... what year is it anyway! ~?.... ! blink.pngwhistling.gif

2557 BE

Did you get too much sun today? P.S. facepalm.gif .... better get used to it.... it's going to be more sunny days ahead! tongue.pngthumbsup.gif

I suppose the 2013 cannot be taken taken out of the heading... and put in 2557 BE.... that will really confuse the tourists! whistling.gifsmile.png

I suppose the 2013 cannot be taken taken out of the heading... and put in 2557 BE.... that will really confuse the tourists! whistling.gifsmile.png

Why do you say that?

How many people would know out side of Asia would know it is the year 2557! blink.pngtongue.png

Anyway moving on, a darn good down pour in the middle of the night in my area of Maenam.... we needed it or least the garden did!!! ! thumbsup.gif

Thanks. No nurse and I can visit the bathroom without help (hopping on one foot pushing a chair in front of me with left hand to support myself) but I have a couple of friends bringing in food etc.

At least it ought to be sunny once I can start to work on my tan again! There'll be some patches with fresh white skin to work on... thumbsup.gif

Edited by AngThong

Well so much for the great weather lasting, around parts of Samui, especially up the hills above Lipa Noi... (Paradise farm area) be sure to take a jacket, it's darn cold up in them there hills ! w00t.gif

Some fairly large puddles between Maenam and Nathon, so a bit of rain over night!

Headed around to south coast... white caps and strongish winds ... did not even bother to stop at Lamai beaches, could see some white surf there too...

Ban Po (Por) beach...today nice!

IMG_9587.JPG

Thali Ngam beach ...

IMG_9635.JPG

Hau Thanon...

IMG_9695.JPG

Should have stayed at north end today! facepalm.gif

• 2 weeks later...

it's cold .

Southern Part (East Coast) Cool in the morning and isolated rain in lower part.

Minimum temperature 17-24 °C. Maximum temperature 28-30 °C.

Upper Gulf from Surat Thani upward: Northeasterly winds 20-35 km/hr.

Wave height about 2 meters.

Lower Gulf from Nakhon Si Thammarat downward :

Northeasterly winds 20-40 km/hr. Wave height 2-3 meters.

It sure is cold! ... me wearing a sweater facepalm.gif ... but the tourists in swim suites or light garb! .... smile.png

These high waves are not often seen around here....I've not been down to look today.. but this was yesterday on Maenam beach.. so not just two meter waves down the southern coast...

What's strange is I am only about 200 metres (as the crow flies), from the shore with these waves, yet there is only a slight breeze blowing when inland a short distance....

IMG_0375.JPG

The west coast (Phuket south / north) is just as cool, but I was told it was sunny at least, over there!

as the crow flies

Never seen a crow on Samui Jim.

There's lot's of "old crows" on Samui! tongue.png ...... OK as a Nok flies then....facepalm.gifrolleyes.gif

Just to report on the wave conditions down Maenam way, about half of what it was yesterday... so about one meter waves!

I've just been told it's pretty rough at the north end of Koh Phangan, too .w00t.gif

So what's it doing in Lamai... ?..... Take a hike down to the beach and give a report please ! .... then take up knitting! biggrin.pngtongue.png

Thanks for the comment Virt... .. (and Absolut too in his post ^ ) I some times wonder if I post a tad too many!!!! ? whistling.giffacepalm.gifbiggrin.png .....I'll use the photo section more... unless appropriate....wink.png

Yours are great too!... thumbsup.gif... I cannot figure out where they are though....?... other than the airport ...

No pics today.... but at least things are calming down .... Maenam beach almost calm late this afternoon ..... and there was sun today... thumbsup.gif Hope it lasts a while this time!

It's still a little chilly for us acclimatized folks!

Edited by samuijimmy