Coming Back After Expulsion

Hi there,

In November 2012, I went to the judge in Thailand to say yes to my fault and to pay my 3000thb fine. We then sent me directly to the IDC Center for me to go back to my country, France, with the kind help of the embassy. I went back to France in end of November, with a red stamp on my passport but the stamp was written in Thai and I could not decrypt it.

In France being home I made a fresh new passport that I have now.

Today I would like to come back to Thailand, flying from France, but I am affraid I may be refused at the immigration on arrival.

How to be sure? How to check?

In this helps, my fault in Thailand was to inter-change the barcodes between two things in a BIGC supermarket. I wanted to see if it was possible or not to pay less with such trik, as I read an article on this the day before. I did the test, they found the trick at the cashier, they sent me to police saying what I have been jugde for. So it was a very small crime, and for this every single person I meet including the Embassy told me I should be able to come back as there are ''no records''.

What is your opinion? Can I fly or should I stay home?

V.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"I wanted to see if it was possible or not to pay less with such trik, as I read an article"

That 'trick' worked some decades ago, everywhere in the world, very well.

But since the register not only showing a price, but explicit telling the cashier, what he's scanning, it's not recommended, to 'try' to pay (p.ex.) 'Gillette Razors' with the bar code from a toothbrush.

Just saying!

The tip with a (tourist) visa isn't bad.

But I would assume, that the embassy people would have informed you, if you sh/couldn't come back.

And what can happen? You have the return flight ticket already, need only a date change. whistling.gif

Show the embassy the stamp in your passport and ask them about it.

You were arrested, sentenced and deported. So that could very well mean you are barred from entering the country. If so, a new passport will not hide that.

Edited by Mario2008

You were arrested, sentenced and deported. So that could very well mean you are barred from entering the country. If so, a new passport will hide that.

I don't think it as simple as getting a new passport and passport number, and is it really a good idea to suggest that it is?

Somebody said in another thread that name and date of birth are cross checked to banned list upon entry not just number as Thai Immigration must be aware that many countries issue new numbers with new passports.

No idea if this is true, and hope I never personally have to find out.

You were arrested, sentenced and deported. So that could very well mean you are barred from entering the country. If so, a new passport will hide that.

I don't think it as simple as getting a new passport and passport number, and is it really a good idea to suggest that it is?

Somebody said in another thread that name and date of birth are cross checked to banned list upon entry not just number as Thai Immigration must be aware that many countries issue new numbers with new passports.

Indeed. I forgot to add the word 'not' before 'hide'. I have edited my post to now show it correctly.

Immigration does not only look at passport numbers, which change.

• Like 1

No other nationality is more aware of new passports, like Thailand.

As you can change your given name every day, in Thailand, and as many Thai ladies, going for work in Singapore, did every time, they came back from there, they issue new passports in up to 3 days. So the ladies could go again, and again, and....

Edited by noob7

Before you go to all of the trouble of getting a new passport, go to the Thai Embassy, show them your passport and ask them. I think that they have access to the data base that will give you the answer, or , on the other hand, they will just tell you NO because they are too lazy to look it up!

Before you go to all of the trouble of getting a new passport, go to the Thai Embassy, show them your passport and ask them. I think that they have access to the data base that will give you the answer, or , on the other hand, they will just tell you NO because they are too lazy to look it up!

In France being home I made a fresh new passport that I have now.

My question is why did you try to steal from the BigC not the brightest move on the planet. Maybe they will let you back in but the english lady who was convicted for drugs was not allowed back in. Let us know how it goes

Dear all,

First of all, I would like to thank you for your useful answers.

I deceided today to go to on Monday morning the Thai embassy in France and to apply for a TR Double Entry Visa.

I will have to wait surely 48hours before posting back here to update you.

I cannot tell you about the old stamp because when making a new passport, they took the old one. I will see today if I can access it but I don't think so.

So I will surely update on Wednesday next week :)

Thank you again for your nice advices,

V.

Just be aware, if you get a visa, it doesn't mean that you will not still have a problem when you get to Thailand. If they process your new passport, with no red stamp and do not check the data base, they might issue you a visa. However, you could still be denied entry if you are on the "black list" when immigration inputs your info on arrival in Thailand. There was a report about 2 months ago of someone that obtained a visa at an hobarary consulate but were still denied entry because they were on the "blacklist". The immigration officer in Thailand has the final say! I'm not trying to paint a bleak picture, but just a warning. Good luck and I hope that you don't have any trouble.

• Like 1

Not really as if you fail to enter the other country you may face arrest for illegal entry (no exit stamp from a second country) at a land border and face deportation. At land crossings they do check for exit stamps.

There's a few cross checks that happen on new passports , one is your mothers maiden name , the other is your birth cert number, I would do what someone else suggested, apply for a tourist visa at your country of origin, a red stamp can mean no entry or you are ear marked for a position within the ruling government, with your talents your bound to go somewhere.coffee1.gif

There's a few cross checks that happen on new passports , one is your mothers maiden name , the other is your birth cert number, I would do what someone else suggested, apply for a tourist visa at your country of origin, a red stamp can mean no entry or you are ear marked for a position within the ruling government, with your talents your bound to go somewhere.coffee1.gif

Not sure if that is applicable to the French, but it isn't for the British in that there isn't a reference to a birth certificate (DOB only) for a passport renewal (or for mothers maiden name if born before 1982) as far as I can remember.

As the OP has already been issued with a new passport, these details aren't (UK of Great Britian & NI, EU passport anyway) shown anywhere in the passport.

Nobody will be able to give you the answer you are looking for, I'm afraid. The risk is that even with a new passport and a valid visa you may be denied entry and be deported as a result of your prior criminal conviction in Thailand.

Personally, I don't believe it is worth taking the chance. Perhaps just stay at home for a while.

Have you considered writing to the main Immigration office in Bangkok, apologising and expressing your remorse for your crime and asking if you are permanently banned from returning or if there is any way they could grant you permission to re-enter Thailand etc?

If you had a legitimate reason for wanting to visit Thailand you could state that reason.

I don't know if it will help but you will get an answer a lot cheaper than just turning up with a new passport and effectively trying to sneak in the country.