Water Scenes !

samuijimmy

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Check out the far river bank..........can't argue with a water level whistling.gif

Perhaps just my personal preference but I would say it is technically quite accurate. If you level for the water line the geographical horizon would be off and I believe it is the most important plane to use in this case. 2nd, you followed the 2/3 rule perfectly but that doesn't always work. I realize in this case it is limited based on lens and position but a re-crop can put the focus more clearly on the bridge. The bright back ground is a bit of a distraction. My apologizes but I made a couple of samples to show what I mean. Just an exercise for me. biggrin.png

attachicon.gifimage1 grid.JPG

attachicon.gifimage1 nogrid.JPG

i suppose you are right, it just looked off to me.I defer. i like the image either way.

I agree, very good shot. Better than any I've taken but that was many years ago with a film camera. Will have to take a look through my slides and see if I can find them. One reason it probably appears off are the large curves in the photo in the foreground and can create an illusion. Same with the water, that appears to be a slight curve at the bank which can make it look like the image is tilted.

Does anyone know the name of these falls?

I did some research after I posted those photos. I knew they came from a tour I did out of Chiang Mai which included Doi Inthanon. I believe they are Vachirathan Falls between Doi Inthanon and Mae Wang. There are lots of interesting sites and falls to visit near Mae Wang, including a big elephant park by a big river.

One of my favorite places in Chiang Mai is being closed off to the public. Now if you want to visit Monthathon falls on Doi Sutthep you will have to pay the 200 baht park fee You are no longer allowed to hike up without written permission.

post-168760-0-74114800-1370409890_thumb.

post-168760-0-42497000-1370409979_thumb.

And now the full frontal of this most Famous Bridge over the River Kwae

large.jpg

Just so no one will argue about the spelling of this Famous Bridge over the River ****, below, the name is in stone

original.jpg

Win thumbsup.gif

a flooded former quarry at Nam Phare near Hang Dong, Chiangmai. It's become a popular swimming location, despite the erected signs against doing so.

Beautiful photo,sometimes the like button doesn't do the photo posted enough credit.

a flooded former quarry at Nam Phare near Hang Dong, Chiangmai. It's become a popular swimming location, despite the erected signs against doing so.

Beautiful photo,sometimes the like button doesn't do the photo posted enough credit.

Thanks for the kind words shaggy... a couple of weeks ago, i've been told a Thai man drowned at this place (didn't want to mention it in the original post). It was after the annual 'walk up Doi Suthep' for visakha bucha day. He came here to unwind/refresh after the gruelling pilgrimage up the mountain... i guess exhaustion got the better of him - they fished his body out of the water.

Thanks for the kind words shaggy... a couple of weeks ago, i've been told a Thai man drowned at this place (didn't want to mention it in the original post). It was after the annual 'walk up Doi Suthep' for visakha bucha day. He came here to unwind/refresh after the gruelling pilgrimage up the mountain... i guess exhaustion got the better of him - they fished his body out of the water.

Next time,please do add your feeling to your picture, for us, Mr. Goshawk. I am trying to do also from now. I am sure Mr.Oilinky agrees on this.wink.png

Keep up the good workthumbsup.gif

Edited by Dancealot

Next time,please do add your feeling to your picture, for us, Mr. Goshawk. I am trying to do also from now.

well.. it's a very scenic location, not far from home. I just didn't want to put a dampener on the image in the first instance... wink.png

Next time,please do add your feeling to your picture, for us, Mr. Goshawk. I am trying to do also from now.

well.. it's a very scenic location, not far from home. I just didn't want to put a dampener on the image in the first instance... wink.png

A feeling is a feeling. Bad or good.

Your dampener explanation give me more insight and more identification to be able to enjoy your picture more, afterwards.thumbsup.gif

I agree,after reading the later post you made my thoughts were only for the poor soul that lost his life.

If I had of read that information along with the photo I think that the beauty of the photo would of been for me greatly reduced.

There are already too many saddening occurrences in the world,sometimes it is nice to have a time out and just admire the beauty.

A feeling is a feeling. Bad or good.

Your dampener explanation give me more insight and more identification to be able to enjoy your picture more, afterwards.thumbsup.gif

Looks like great minds don't always think alike mate,but I respect your opinion also wai.gif

I agree,after reading the later post you made my thoughts were only for the poor soul that lost his life.

If I had of read that information along with the photo I think that the beauty of the photo would of been for me greatly reduced.

There are already too many saddening occurrences in the world,sometimes it is nice to have a time out and just admire the beauty.

.... amen.

There is a nice restaurant at that quarry...

it's in the photo!

...white roof building, right hand corner of image. Memory refreshed? smile.png

Yes, you came to the reservoir from the opposite side. And, you can see there are not many places for a tired swimmer to climb out of deep water. Almost all gravel pit reservoirs have steep and deep sides.

I prefer cooling off in the little stream that comes tumbling off Doi Sutthep. There are lots of deep canyon pools to splash around in.

post-168760-0-01323700-1370912620_thumb.