If 90-Day Report Late, Get Red Stamp Or Anything?

Take ฿10 000.- with you and don't worry. No red stamp unless you become obnoxious.

This is bad information, though of course it depends where you are situated. If the office sticks to the current legal procedure, they will hand you a notification of fine of 2000B, which you, and the officer, will sign. You will hand the cash over and get a receipt.

They will then stamp in your passport a small red notice in Thai, where the amount of the fine is written in in pen by the officer.

This happened to me two weeks ago in the Changwattana immigration complex in Bangkok, where they are both efficient and honest, and stick to procedure.

No obnoxious behaviour occurred. Officer (female) was pleasant and polite, laughed when I said "oh painful" on being informed of the 2000B fine, and as I was leaving after conclusion of proceedings said "oh Christmas tomorrow is it?" I said yes (as it was)-she gave big smile and said "Happy Christmas!"

You can see that there was no arrogance or obnoxiousness on either side.

This is the normal procedure. Of course TIT - local offices may not follow the regulations.

post-26070-0-52324900-1357824909_thumb.j

Edited by partington
  • Like 2

Partington, thank you for your full and detailed report. Looks like I will be getting off to a poor start in my new passport.

Maybe a border hop will result in no red stamp?

A border hop will make no difference whatsoever. If you leave before your report is due then the clock is reset and the new 90 days starts from the day you return. If you are already late, you are late. Leaving will just add to your difficulties.

It may be worthwhile to go to the reporting office before your due date , taking with you anything relevant such as copy of old passport , your reporting slip,Thai driving licence, tabien baan etc ...and explain about the new passport . After all , it's you that is reporting , not your passport ....It's just possible that you'll find someone sympathetic ,given that all your details should be on file !

It may be worthwhile to go to the reporting office before your due date , taking with you anything relevant such as copy of old passport , your reporting slip,Thai driving licence, tabien baan etc ...and explain about the new passport . After all , it's you that is reporting , not your passport ....It's just possible that you'll find someone sympathetic ,given that all your details should be on file !

It is already past his reporting date. The OP has already tried going to immigration twice, with all the information you suggest, and has already reported on a separate thread that they would not accept it.

Edited by partington

Partington, thank you for your full and detailed report. Looks like I will be getting off to a poor start in my new passport.

Nothing bad about it, really. That receipt for the fee for the delayed report will have no adverse effect whatsoever.

There is a 15 days prior to 7 days after window for personally reporting to immigration.

What window (if any) is there for reporting by mail? Or must your mailed-in TM47 + passport copies, etc arrive at your immigration office bang on the due date (and not a day before nor a day after)?

There is a 15 days prior to 7 days after window for personally reporting to immigration.

Dear lopburi,

No more seven days after. Please be aware that they'll do that nationwide. Started on 1st of January 2013.

If the stamp (on your letter) shows one day late, you can be fined. Just went through it and the "friendly" immigration officer told me to let my "friends' know that it's over.

Cheers-

Edited by lostinisaan

My 90 day and my first yearly retired visa were up at the same time, I reported and renewed my yearly visa. After 90 days I reported and the officer informed me I was 90 days late and he could charge me 2000b per day for the 85 days I was late, but was being nice and said 2000b. When I showed him my stamps that showed I was in his office to report, he said you did not report at the 90 day desk. Again he said: 2000b, when I attempted to talk to someone else about this he got enraged and started to yell at me that he will charge me 2000b per day instead if I liked........... So I paid the 2000b. which he stuck in his pocket, no receipt, sent me to the police station and i received a notice that was stapled on my passport and stayed there for 3 years until it was removed by a immigration officer........... TIT coffee1.gif So Sad.............sad.png

Edited by BigSkip

There is a 15 days prior until 7 days after reporting window for in person reporting as I posted. There has never been any such window for mailed reports and the requirement now is that it must be mailed at least 15 days prior to scheduled reporting date.

The notification must be made within 15 days before or after 7 days the period of 90 days expires.
Your registered mail must be sent to the Immigration office at least 15 days before the due date of notification.

http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/en/base.php?page=90days

Dear lopburi,

No more seven days after. Please be aware that they'll do that nationwide. Started on 1st of January 2013.

If the stamp (on your letter) shows one day late, you can be fined. Just went through it and the "friendly" immigration officer told me to let my "friends' know that it's over.

Cheers-

I think you are talking about reporting by mail. For many immigration offices it is already the case that you can only report by mail before the due date.

No change in reporting in person has been announced.

My 90 day and my first yearly retired visa were up at the same time, I reported and renewed my yearly visa. After 90 days I reported and the officer informed me I was 90 days late and he could charge me 2000b per day for the 85 days I was late, but was being nice and said 2000b. When I showed him my stamps that showed I was in his office to report, he said you did not report at the 90 day desk. Again he said: 2000b, when I attempted to talk to someone else about this he got enraged and started to yell at me that he will charge me 2000b per day instead if I liked........... So I paid the 2000b. which he stuck in his pocket, no receipt, sent me to the police station and i received a notice that was stapled on my passport and stayed there for 3 years until it was removed by a immigration officer........... TIT coffee1.gif So Sad.............sad.png

And immigration was correct. Only the first extension of stay counts as a 90 day report per there website - a TM.47 report is required for all others (which you could have done at the same time if you had known).

The first application for extension of stay by the foreigner is equivalent to the notification of staying in the Kingdom over 90 days.

http://www.immigrati...php?page=90days

Take ฿10 000.- with you and don't worry. No red stamp unless you become obnoxious.

This is bad information, though of course it depends where you are situated. If the office sticks to the current legal procedure, they will hand you a notification of fine of 2000B, which you, and the officer, will sign. You will hand the cash over and get a receipt.

They will then stamp in your passport a small red notice in Thai, where the amount of the fine is written in in pen by the officer.

This happened to me two weeks ago in the Changwattana immigration complex in Bangkok, where they are both efficient and honest, and stick to procedure.

No obnoxious behaviour occurred. Officer (female) was pleasant and polite, laughed when I said "oh painful" on being informed of the 2000B fine, and as I was leaving after conclusion of proceedings said "oh Christmas tomorrow is it?" I said yes (as it was)-she gave big smile and said "Happy Christmas!"

This is the normal procedure. Of course TIT - local offices may not follow the regulations.

and the 500 baht fine for every day late to a max of 20,000 why no mention of this ? check out the web site if you do not believe me.

Don't Thai Immigration still give a 7 day lee-way for your 90 day reporting? I am sure that was the case last year.

Yes 7 days early and 7 days late check out the website , google THAI RETIREMENTV 90 DAY REPORTING.

<p>

IF THE POSTER WISHES TO E MAIL ME i CAN GIVE SOLID ADVICE.

There is no 50 baht fine per day with a maximum of 20,000 baht. You are mistaken with overstay, which is something different than 90 day reporting.Fine for late 90 day reporting is 2,000 baht if you show up, 4,000 baht if you get caught.

No, it's not THB 2,000 per day, he was kidding you. It's a THB 2,000 fine for the late 90-day reporting.

A missed 90-day report is not an overstay, so the THB 500 per day somebody mentioned does not apply.

And indeed no red stamp on the page the OP scanned, but obviously, there is a stamp we cannot see under the receipt.

There has never been any such window for mailed reports and the requirement now is that it must be mailed at least 15 days prior to scheduled reporting date.

Thanks for the clarification. What value postage should be affixed to the return SAE for the new confirmation slip?

And does a report really need to be mailed to Immigration by Thai Post’s Domestic REGISTERED service? Or will the Domestic EMS service be OK in practice?

and the 500 baht fine for every day late to a max of 20,000 why no mention of this ? check out the web site if you do not believe me.

As has been pointed out you are very confused about the difference between overstaying the "permitted to stay until" date on your visa (which this thread is not about, and which CAN incur you a fine of 500B per day overstay), and being late in doing your 90-day report.

The 90-day report merely informs immigration of your current address, and must be done every time you stay in Thailand more than 90 consecutive days. It has nothing to do with how long you have permission to stay at all, and lateness does NOT incur a 500B per day fine. Printed on the 90-day report reminder form itself is the information that the maximum possible fine for lateness in doing the report is 5000B. This maximum is, as far as I'm aware, never incurred for a simple first offence.

I would not advise anyone who wishes to get "solid advice" on this matter to email you!

Thanks for the clarification. What value postage should be affixed to the return SAE for the new confirmation slip?

And does a report really need to be mailed to Immigration by Thai Post’s Domestic REGISTERED service? Or will the Domestic EMS service be OK in practice?

Thai Post's EMS service is fine, you can track it to delivery, keep your receipt until you get the acknowledgement, in case the acknowledgement goes astray.

A 10 Baht stamp is required on the SAE.

• 1 month later...

Be careful. I just had an overstay stamp in my passport because I went to report 1 day too late to the Pattaya Immigration on last Tuesday. I paid the 2,000 Baht fine AND they wrote something in my passport. I cannot read the Thai letters but my wife said it means "Fine for OVERSTAY".

Because I move the company office and the family home to Bangkok, I had to update the WP address. So I gave my passport to my accountant to update my Work Permit address. It's an important process because I cannot do anything without the WP and the company is on stand bye during that time. But last week, it took longer than expected and I could have my passport back only during last Saturday. The immigration was closed on Monday the 25th for Macha Bucha. So when I went there on Tuesday the 26th instead of the 18th, I was 8 days late for my report. The immigration officer didn't want to hear anything about the WP and the Bank Holliday. Now I have this stamp on my passport. It's a new passport, so everybody will see this stamp during almost 10 years. I have no idea about the consequences.

I will go on Monday to the Bangkok Immigration Office to notify them about my new address here. I hope it will be OK with them.

Between the Company, the Work Permit and the Visa, sometimes I find the paper work a little bit difficult.

Edited by vediovis

Be careful. I just had an overstay stamp in my passport because I went to report 1 day too late to the Pattaya Immigration on last Tuesday. I paid the 2,000 Baht fine AND they wrote something in my passport. I cannot read the Thai letters but my wife said it means "Fine for OVERSTAY".

Because I move the company office and the family home to Bangkok, I had to update the WP address. So I gave my passport to my accountant to update my Work Permit address. It's an important process because I cannot do anything without the WP and the company is on stand bye during that time. But last week, it took longer than expected and I could have my passport back only during last Saturday. The immigration was closed on Monday the 25th for Macha Bucha. So when I went there on Tuesday the 26th instead of the 18th, I was 8 days late for my report. The immigration officer didn't want to hear anything about the WP and the Bank Holliday. Now I have this stamp on my passport. It's a new passport, so everybody will see this stamp during almost 10 years. I have no idea about the consequences.

I will go on Monday to the Bangkok Immigration Office to notify them about my new address here. I hope it will be OK with them.

Between the Company, the Work Permit and the Visa, sometimes I find the paper work a little bit difficult.

90 day reporting has nothing to do with overstay.

You could have reported by mail, using photo copies.