If 90-Day Report Late, Get Red Stamp Or Anything?

90 day reporting has nothing to do with overstay.

You could have reported by mail, using photo copies.

It was my understanding too. But I have this stamp in my passport now.

I like the mail idea. Pattaya immigration is too crowded anyway. I hope it will be OK in the Bangkok office.

Hubby was late once with his 90 day report in Chiang Mai. They did put a stamp in his passport, but it doesn't say "overstay", it says he was late in submitting his 90 day report. Even if you don't read Thai, you'd get an idea that was the problem because the text on the stamp contains the word 90 วัน and it shows a fine of 2,000 บาท with the number "2000" written into a blank on the stamp. Could have different stamp for different provinces, though, but the word "overstay" isn't used anywhere.

Incidentally, I discovered Hubby was late for his report when I was getting ready to do mine. So I bundled him up and we went together for him to pay his fine. After that, I've been doing the 90 day reports for both of us since we're now back on the same schedule for 90 day reports. Won't be if one of us travels out of Thailand without the other, but meanwhile he can forget about remembering to do his 90 day reports as long as we're "in sync".

Hubby was late once with his 90 day report in Chiang Mai. They did put a stamp in his passport, but it doesn't say "overstay", it says he was late in submitting his 90 day report. Even if you don't read Thai, you'd get an idea that was the problem because the text on the stamp contains the word 90 วัน and it shows a fine of 2,000 บาท with the number "2000" written into a blank on the stamp. Could have different stamp for different provinces, though, but the word "overstay" isn't used anywhere.

Incidentally, I discovered Hubby was late for his report when I was getting ready to do mine. So I bundled him up and we went together for him to pay his fine. After that, I've been doing the 90 day reports for both of us since we're now back on the same schedule for 90 day reports. Won't be if one of us travels out of Thailand without the other, but meanwhile he can forget about remembering to do his 90 day reports as long as we're "in sync".

Yes, I have these characters on the stamp. I don't know why somebody there told me "overstay" when I asked what the stamp was... I will try to be better the next time and yes, letters seem to be a nice solution.

Funny story (which I have posted in other threads before, but its relevant here). I know a guy who works at a teacher recruiting agency. He says he can't be bothered with the 90 day reporting requirement and he never does one all year. When he goes in for his annual extension, he's "caught", pays the 2000 baht fine and that's that. He tells me he's been doing this going on five years now.

Funny story (which I have posted in other threads before, but its relevant here). I know a guy who works at a teacher recruiting agency. He says he can't be bothered with the 90 day reporting requirement and he never does one all year. When he goes in for his annual extension, he's "caught", pays the 2000 baht fine and that's that. He tells me he's been doing this going on five years now.

That may be one reason they put the stamp in your passport that you've been late with a 90 day report and paid the 2000 baht fine. One of these years, your buddy is going to rub somebody at Immigration the wrong way with his flagrant disrespect of Thai rules and will end up paying the maximum amount allowed by law -- 5000 baht.

Maybe he can be "bothered" with doing 90 day reports in the future if it costs him that much. (Seriously, how hard can it be to mail them in -- if his province permits mail-in reports --- or hire a visa agency to do it for him?)

Edited by NancyL

• 3 weeks later...

There is a 15 days prior until 7 days after reporting window for in person reporting as I posted. There has never been any such window for mailed reports and the requirement now is that it must be mailed at least 15 days prior to scheduled reporting date.

The notification must be made within 15 days before or after 7 days the period of 90 days expires.

>>

Your registered mail must be sent to the Immigration office at least 15 days before the due date of notification.

http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/en/base.php?page=90days

How long in advance of the 15 days before may 90-day reports be posted to your local immigration office (the Immigration Bureau website is not clear on this point)?

In my case, my next 90-day report is, strictly speaking, due on Sunday 7 April. However, because Immigration won’t be open either that day or Monday 8 April (Chakri Day substitution), Tuesday 9 April has been stamped as the next due date in my latest notification slip. However, I am planning to post my latest report tomorrow (20 March), which is 21 days before the stamped due date. Is this likely to be rejected on the grounds of being too early?

Edited by OJAS

90 day reporting has nothing to do with overstay.

You could have reported by mail, using photo copies.

It was my understanding too. But I have this stamp in my passport now.

I like the mail idea. Pattaya immigration is too crowded anyway. I hope it will be OK in the Bangkok office.

Well, you have something most of us don't. biggrin.png

Don't know about Pattaya, but Chiang Mai has stopped accepting mail ins (I believe).

It should be fine.

Thanks, Lop. Just one more query: the Immigration Bureau (IB) website mentions the latest notification slip as being one of the items we are supposed to submit with our completed TM47. Bearing in mind that (1) this, so I thought, should be affixed to our passport at all times and (2) the IB website explicitly refers to photocopies of relevant passport pages + TM6, would I be correct in assuming that a photocopy (rather than the original) would be acceptable in the case of the latest notification slip as well?

Sorry if this is all sounding rather pedantic, but my preference is to leave nothing (or at least as little as possible) to chance in my dealings with Immigration!

You mail the original receipt for your last notification; keeping a copy of it for yourself is a good idea. There is no requirement to have this slip of paper in your passport at all times.

You mail the original receipt for your last notification; keeping a copy of it for yourself is a good idea. There is no requirement to have this slip of paper in your passport at all times.

Yes they want to see the original.

Thanks - just as well I asked then!

• 3 months later...

the time window is one week before and one week after the day 90 days ends.

After that the fine is of 2000 baht if you go to an immigration office to report it, and 5000 bahts if an officer check your passport and your 90 days report is over. There's not any additional daily fine, even if 'professional services' websites says the opposite.

This website for example is giving away incorrect informations http://www.expathuahin.com/immigration-huahin.php

Cheers

the time window is one week before and one week after the day 90 days ends.

After that the fine is of 2000 baht if you go to an immigration office to report it, and 5000 bahts if an officer check your passport and your 90 days report is over. There's not any additional daily fine, even if 'professional services' websites says the opposite.

This website for example is giving away incorrect informations http://www.expathuahin.com/immigration-huahin.php

Cheers

This is a 3 month old thread....

But time allowed to report is:

15 days before till 7 days after. Mail-in must be at least 15 days before, at least in Bangkok. While some immigration offices do not accept mail-in reports after the due date, only reports in person (or on your behalf).

• 9 months later...

Searched the forums but couldn't find an answer. Maybe someone can clarify to me this: If I'm leaving Thailand on the day 91 or the 97 of my stay in the Kingdom (with multiple reentry), should I go to Immigration to report before or it's OK? What happen in this case? Thanx in advance for any info

If you have a multiple entry visa and overstay the fine amounts to 500 bht /day

No, the question is not about the visa, I have till next year Non Imm and Multiple-Reentry Permit valid till next year also. What I want to know is if I need to report the 90 days if I'm leaving for 2 weeks on the day, lets say... 93

If you have a multiple entry visa and overstay the fine amounts to 500 bht /day

No, the question is not about the visa, I have till next year Non Imm and Multiple-Reentry Permit valid till next year also. What I want to know is if I need to report the 90 days if I'm leaving for 2 weeks on the day, lets say... 93

If you are leaving on any date after the your 90 day report is due you need to make the report before you leave. The 7 day grace period is only for making the report not leaving the country during those 7 days.