Good Purchases And Bad Purchases

rene123

In the past in Canada I've made a lot of bad purchases. Most were cameras just before there were major changes in technology. I have about $10,000 in "paperweights" back home. Even the lenses on the Nikons and Canons don't really suit the newer digital cameras. I've made a few bad choices in vehicles as well. HOWEVER, that brings me to today. I think my latest purchase is going to be a good one. I bought a Kawasaki D-tracker off a friend heading back to the UK. It is 5 years old and only has 25,000 km on it. It runs like a top, and I had previously tried out renting a few, so I know what they are like in the traffic. I'm not sure how it will be on the highway, but as long as it goes along at 100 km/hr I'll be happy. I don't want to go any faster than that anyway. I think I got a pretty good buy at a reasonable price of 90,000 baht. Anyone else here with the 250 D-trackers?

25,000kms 90.000baht! rolleyes.gif

Rene congrats on getting the bike. I notice you didn't ask for evaluation of the price you paid however on Thaivisa no matter what you paid you will always get a plethora of posters that say you paid too much or it should have been X. Important thing is you are happy.

I dont have a D tracker but do have KLx250 and love riding it both on and off road and around town it is my weapon of choice.

I also have two Fazer FZ1's and a Ducati Multistrada however for traffic and short trips the KLX 250 is just the easiest and Im sure you will find the D Tracker the same.

Get a derestricted ECU, allows the bike to rev and get a new can. Reason for the latter is not so much performance rather a little more noise from the bike I believe really aids in safety as it pre-warns the scooter brigade up front that something is a coming...and may help avert the "right turn from the left hand side of left lane without looking" that seems to be so popular amongst Thai riders.

Good luck and enjoy the D Tracker

^^^ I am not the best reader in the world. Rene's post seems to only be about value. He talks about cameras being out dated and expensive lenses being paper weights. The title good and bad purchase, meaning a good deal or bad deal he is not asking about a bike review.

The bike is a great bike for what is available in thailand.

Edited by yankee99