Phuket Police Release Sketch Of Resort Safe Box Heist Robber

webfact

Phuket Police release sketch of resort safe box heist robber

Phuket Gazette

s.jpg

WANTED: The composite sketch of the robber was based on CCTV images captured during the robbery and on the description given by the hotel staffer who was drugged so that the two foreigners could carry out the robbery. Photo: Police handout

PHUKET: -- Police today released a composite image of one of the two men wanted for the robbery of the guests’ safe boxes at the Karon Place Hotel, on Phuket’s west coast, in the early hours of Monday morning (story here).

An arrest warrant has been issued for the man, Phuket Provincial Police Deputy Commander Col Arun Kleawwatee told a press conference this afternoon, adding that the suspect goes by many aliases, including Robert, Michael, Tony and “Mr Pheilpes” (sic).

“The image is of the man who was seen breaking into the lockers. We are still working on the composite image of the other man,” Col Arun said.

The sketch was derived from CCTV images captured during the robbery, and on the description given by Siam Kamya, the front desk/night guard on duty when the robbery took place.

“The image is of the man seen breaking into the resort’s safe boxes,” Col Arun said.

Police were notified of the robbery by hotel manager Keerati Prugsathammamowit at 5:30am on Monday.

“Mr Keetri said robbery took place between 3am and 5am that day,” Col Arun explained.

Mr Kamya, the staffer allegedly drugged by the two foreigners in order to carry out the robbery, regained consciousness to see the wanted man breaking into the lockers while the other kept lookout, he added.

“After seeing Mr Kamya had woken, the man breaking into the boxes went into the manager’s office and stole the CCTV recording machine. The CCTV images we have were stored on another machine,” Col Arun explained.

“We are also continuing the search for the other robber,” he said.

“Anyone with information that may help lead to the arrest of either man is urged to contact Phuket Provincial Police at +66-76-369-140,” he added.

Source: http://www.phuketgaz...bber-20000.html

pglogo.jpg

-- Phuket Gazette 2013-01-19

Danish man wanted for Phuket hotel robbery

Tanyaluk Sakoot

PHUKET: -- Police have issued an arrest warrant for the man believed to have drugged a Karon hotel receptionist on Monday and made off with B3 million worth of belongings from security boxes.

A man who variously goes by the names Tony, Robert, Michael and Philippe, holding a Danish passport, is understood to have committed the crime.

The belongings of 21 hotel guests, believed to worth as much as B3 million, were stolen from the Karon Place hotel when the robber gave coffee to the receptionist, causing her to feel drowsy and then fall asleep.

The thief also took away the recording from the hotel’s CCTV camera.

Police are also looking for another person believed to know details of the crime – a Danish man named Mustafa Rahmi Bildirir, 197cm tall and 48 years of age.

Karon policeman and Deputy Phuket Provincial commander Pol Col Arun Keawwati announced details of “Tony” and Mr Bildirir at a press conference in Karon earlier today.

Col Arun said the man used the name “Tony” to try to check into a room at the Lankans Hotel in Patong, but no rooms were available. He then used the name “Philippe” to rent a motorbike.

Col Arun said details of Tony and Mr Bildirir had been forwarded to all police stations and checkpoints around Phuket, and police were searching for both men.

Source: http://www.thephuket...bbery-36398.php

-- The Phuket News 2013-01-19

footer_n.gif

If they have CCTV images, why don't they post the pics instead of a sketch image.

It also says the thief took the recordings. Can't be both.

"The CCTV images we have were stored on another machine,” Col Arun explained.

wink.png

"a Danish man named Mustafa Rahmi Bildirir"

Yeah, OK, I know.

Seems he's just about Dane-ish. rolleyes.gif

Nah...he's one of those new Danish pastries....Iranian Danish...half baked & too greasy.

Small wonder the bacon isn't as good as it used to be.

I doubt he is Danish, he might be living in Denmark but Danish NO!!

If a Thai move to Denmark with her husband and obtain a Danish passport after 7 years, she will still be Thai, she will always be Thai.

If I move to Thailand and obtain a Thai passport, I will still be Danish, I will always be Danish.

If I get kids in Thailand with a Danish wife, the kids will not be Thai, they will be Danish.

If I get kids in Thailand with my Thai wife, the kids will not be Thai, they will be half Thai.

I doubt this guy is Danish....

On the first post they said he's looking Middle East according to the counter people. But this man doesn't look Middle East ! He's looking more Scandinavian, white face and clear hairs.

Why did he do that ? He maybe living there and was short of money cuz I never heard about tourists robbing hotel boxes or perhaps a new tourists hobby LOL !

Just looking as a guy spending holidays in a seaside resort and maybe looking for fresh flesh but not a gansta !

Clothes don't make the man...

Edited by Westaurel