Expat Social Circle On Samui?

Hey,

I moved to Samui 2 weeks ago and have found myself a place in Lamai and generally done some exploring and now an looking to make some friends. I'm interesting in meeting some English speaking expats from anywhere (I am a 22 year old British girl). I was hoping to find a weekly meet up where people drink, laugh and eat together or something so if anyone knows of something like this that would be great. I'm currently living in Lamai but would travel.

Thanks!

Welcome to Samui & Thaivisa. To get you started, there are afew English bars in Lamai, the one that I know of is Red Fox , they hold a quiz night, might be a starting point. Other local members might be able to elaborate further.

I can make two suggestions Livingdream.

First would be Sisters of Samui, I think they have a gathering once a month for lunch.

The second is the Hash House Harriers, they meet every Saturday at the Red Foz in Lamai at about 3pm before they go for their walk, I can reccomend HHH as they are a great bunch of people.

Both have websites but for HHH I would just head down to the Red Fox and enquire there, they do a nice Sunday roast as well. ;)

Hello!

I arrived 4 months ago, and don t know that many people either, I went to one of the Sisters on Samui lunch,it was nice, most attendants are around 40/50's, still friendly but you need to go a bunch of times to get to talk to many, since you usually only talk to the women sitting at the same table.

So I ll also take any tips to meet people ;)

Thank you, very helpful!

I will check both of those options out, they sound promising. I must admit I would ideally like to meet like-minded, slightly young that 50's/60's but not too fussy. People in their 20's and 30's would be ideal.

Have you any other suggestions Cicinette?

Why not call at one or two of the English speaking schools such as ISS near Bandon Hospital or Panyadee and try to speak to some of the teachers there some of whom are likely to be around your age?

Check through this list and you will find more.

http://www.siamdir.c...ools/index.html

Good idea Yorkie, although I think that most of the teachers at the ISS live in the north end of Samui (Choengmon to Maenam area).

For Lamai you could try SCL School - (Samui Centre of Learning) teachers.

• Like 1

Link to other forum removed as per forum rule 10.

10) Not to post commercial spam or to post any promotional links, URLs or addresses to a member's own business or that would lead people to your site. Not to post URL links to other forums .

If interested more to chat with other women please use the ladies forum.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/forum/15-ladies-in-thailand/

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
The dive schools probably hold the largest numbers in the OP's age group.

Or boxing camps / gyms

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

Try this gym Ld, http://www.junmuaythai.com/ guarantead to meet nice people even if your not training.If your not sure of anything ask to speak to Sam ( owners wife ).

Edited by alfieconn

I'm 24 living now for 3 months in Big Buddha area, mostly the same problem, only 40-50s around. Send me PM if you interested.

There are a small group of young ladies from the UK (early to mid 20's) go into the Premier Bar in Bangrak every thursday for the Quiz, might be a start, and not far from Big Buddha.

Thank you, very helpful!

I will check both of those options out, they sound promising. I must admit I would ideally like to meet like-minded, slightly young that 50's/60's but not too fussy. People in their 20's and 30's would be ideal.

Have you any other suggestions Cicinette?

Sorry I ve just seen your message, I have no other tips since I am also friendless here ;), couchsurfing do meetings once in a while...My problem is working in a restaurant until about 11pm almost 7 days a week, it doesn't help to meet people!

SOS now have a coffee morning social once a month in Bophut. (details below) next meeting is tomorrow (Tuesday 11.02.13) at 11.30 am.

"Dear Ladies

I would like to cordially invite any lady whom travels to our monthly lunches alone to a get together at Bliss in Bophut.

The idea of this little soiree is for ladies to be able to meet up with others before our lunches and then possibly join together for the lunch.

We all know how sometimes we group together and a lady on her own may find it difficult to locate a table with a free seat.

The coffee morning will be at Bliss in Bophut next to Island girl

11.30am the cost is entirely up to you, all dependent on what you order.

They have lovely cakes, sandwiches etc tea and coffee

Please respond ASAP to let me know you will be attending."

If you want the email contact address pm me.

Most of the English-speaking expats under 30 in Lamai hang out at Tommy's Bar, which is located on the minor soi which runs parallel to main road in the main bar district.

Google map co-ordinates 9.464666,100.042748

Alpha Bravo - Tango Whiskey

Is this also the extraction point unit heading west. Over

• Like 1

Most of the English-speaking expats under 30 in Lamai hang out at Tommy's Bar, which is located on the minor soi which runs parallel to main road in the main bar district.

Alpha Bravo - Tango Whiskey

Is this also the extraction point unit heading west. Over

its the gps co ordinates for a place the OP has asked for suggestions as to where to meet. Not sure what relevance to OP your post has?

A map to go with the coordinatespost-90070-0-64204200-1361164454_thumb.j

Hello,

We are a couple in chaweng (28-30 years). We always enjoy to have a drink with anyone.

We can have a drink at the night market in chaweng which is almost every day except friday and sunday.

Bye !

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I too have just moved to Samui about 10 minutes out of Lamai and would also like to meet people of a similar age (I'm 27) I love it here already but could do with meeting some like-minded people to have a drink and a laugh with! So again if anyone can help it would be appreciated :) x

• 3 weeks later...

I am 30 and my girlfriend is 24, I'm Irish she's Austrian, we like to have good craic, and people with a sense of humour, tho I've yet to meet anyone with a better sense of humour than me.Like to do pub quizzes also, so we could do with a couple more brains, and would be interested in building a good a circle of like minded friends for while we are here and maybe even for after we leave. So, does that narrow down my options? Or do we have any takers?!! :-)