American Accused Of Unlawful Encounter With 13 Year Old Girl On Pattaya Beach

webfact

Where is the "duty of care" by the police, who should have not only warned the man about her age, but should not have let her wander on the beach at 4 am allowing her to accost any farang .

Hope that his defense asks this question !

Edited by oldsailor35
  • Like 1

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where is the "duty of care" by the police, who should have not only warned the man about her age, but should not have let her wander on the beach at 4 am allowing her to accost any farang .

I'm sure he'll get the best "defense" that the size of his bank account will allow.

I've met Neal before while diving.

He seemed like such a good bloke.

He was a very funny guy. Ex US serviceman.

i live near him,and ,yes he is a nice bloke,hope this is cleared soon,at this moment his company dont know this news yet.

sadly a lot of pedophiles are "nice blokes"...priests, schoolteachers, scout masters etc. The modus operandi of many pedophiles is to be a good bloke...gain the trust....and then go to work on the victims.

like a broken record, for someone claiming not to have much knowledge about pedophiles you sure post enough about them. w00t.gif

Its a high profile subject for anyone that cares to read the world news...doesn't take much effort to see what goes on in the world

oh and to answer your implied question...i amnot a paedophile, poofter, pervert or sexpat. hope this satisfies your curiosity.

Edited by Mudcrab

It's amazing how many of you all have rushed to judge and convict this guy and accuse him of being a paedophile.

There is absolutely NO evidence that he was out looking for an underage girl, and indeed when he asked her age she apparently lied to him and told him she was 19 years old. On the basis that she told him she was 19, and THEN he took her to a room, I would suggest that he is NOT a paedophile at all, merely a guy out looking for some fun that got "stung" unfairly.

Having said all of that, I have no sympathy for any "real" paedophiles whatsoever. If they are caught abusing underage children they should be castrated.

EDIT:

As an aside, the Police in this instance behaved extremely badly (par for the course I guess). If they truly thought the girl was in danger they should have acted immediately and taken her to safety or her family, not waited until she was undressed in a hotel room with someone.

I take it back . . . I'm not amazed . . . the posts shown here today on the whole are typical of the cynical, judgemental, holier-than-thou, I'm better than you and I'm never wrong, old fart TV brigade who I am sure have never, ever taken ANY pure, virginal, innocent Thai girl to a hotel room.

• Like 2

I'm sure he'll get the best "defense" that the size of his bank account will allow.

That is exactly what will happen, they will convince her that she is a victim and need to be compensated, after he pays, everyone gets their cut, she will get few thousand baht(if lucky) and back to her job

like a broken record, for someone claiming not to have much knowledge about pedophiles you sure post enough about them. w00t.gif

Its a high profile subject for anyone that cares to read the world news...doesn't take much effort to see what goes on in the world

Seems you have tough time keeping up with the news in a country where this forum is located

Officers from the Police Region 2 Child and Women Protection Unit were monitoring the 13 year old girl around 4am on Tuesday Morning and were about to detain her and take her into care when they saw an approach by the American,

Why do I smell a set up ?

Entrapment to defraud the guy or maybe it was a bust for show, since it made the paper.

Real police work? Fat chance.

This is the same beach that the same police have been allowing the jet ski criminals, assault and rob visitors for YEARS!

Is the recent publicity/pressure on the jet ski criminals forcing the police to look elsewhere for the lost income?

Entrapment seems to be ok in Thailand as it is in America where they dress policewomen up to accost victims and then when they get to a hotel room arrest them. I am not sure about the UK, but the police would be in serious trouble if they did it in Australia.

In a case like this, is the accused held on remand or given bail?

If convicted, would he be deported (after serving time in Thailand) and, if so, would he face charges in the US?

Bail is possible, if convicted it means blacklisting.

There will be no charges in the US if he is sentenced in Thailand. You cannot be convicted twice for the same offence. If he would skip bail and flee the country to the US he could face prosecution in the US.

Not sure if that's true. During the civil rights era a person tried in state's courts and found not guilty of murders allegedly committed were subsequently arrested and found guilty of human rights violations by federal courts. They were essentially tried twice for the same crime although it was technically different.

Someone convicted of sex crimes in in another country might still face charges of travelling overseas for the purpose of having underage sex. If a person couldn't stand trial twice, then I would think most would want to be tried in a foreign country with a corrupt judicial system if they could bribe their way out of a severe sentence and if then they couldn't be charged in the US.

According to the Fordham report noted below, "In the absence of a treaty, countries are generally not bound to recognize the decision of another country's court."

Double Jeopardy

In certain sending countries, conviction or acquittal in a

destination country for a sexual crime against a child bars prosecution

of the defendant in his own country for the same crime.

Other sending countries reserve the right to prosecute a defendant

regardless of whether a court in another country tried the

defendant for the same crime.

6" In the absence of a treaty,

countries are generally not bound

to recognize the decision of

another country's court.

http://ir.lawnet.for...820&context=ilj

And according to this lawyer, this individual was tried and convicted both in Cambodia & the US

For an example of how this may be prosecuted, consider the recent case of a man from California who pled guilty to one count of engaging in illicit sexual conduct with a minor. According to the Los Angeles Times, the man had a sexual relationship with a 14-year-old girl while he was teaching at a school in Cambodia.

This man was sentenced to almost nine years in prison for traveling to Cambodia for the purposes of having sex with an underage girl. In addition to the criminal penalties, he agreed to pay $9,500 in restitution to the girl. These penalties were imposed after he had already been convicted in Cambodian court for sexually abusing the girl.

http://www.willdefen...ed-States.shtml

Edited by Suradit69
  • Like 1

Officers from the Police Region 2 Child and Women Protection Unit were monitoring the 13 year old girl around 4am on Tuesday Morning and were about to detain her and take her into care when they saw an approach by the American,

Entrapment to defraud the guy or maybe it was a bust for show, since it made the paper.

Real police work? Fat chance.

This is the same beach that the same police have been allowing the jet ski criminals, assault and rob visitors for YEARS!

Is the recent publicity/pressure on the jet ski criminals forcing the police to look elsewhere for the lost income?

Entrapment seems to be ok in Thailand as it is in America where they dress policewomen up to accost victims and then when they get to a hotel room arrest them. I am not sure about the UK, but the police would be in serious trouble if they did it in Australia.

Speaking from personal experience (not on these matters) but in Australia police can break any and every law, as long as its done for the greater good of society and judge grants them an amnesty

What's all this over the top conservative language about. Your city has thousands of prostitutes running around and mass corruption. Your country obviously doesn't mind these activities so just tell it how it is.

As far as the guy is concerned. Lock him up, he is sick !!

Guess what? Your city, whichever one it is, also has of prostitutes "running about", and almost without doubt, corruption.

Get off your bloody high horse.

And as far as the accused is concerned, yes, lock him up after he's been found guilty.

• Like 1

What's wrong with a set-up of this type if that's the case?

• Like 1

i live near him,and ,yes he is a nice bloke,hope this is cleared soon,at this moment his company dont know this news yet.

He was quite happy to have sex a 13 yo CHILD.

He is a nice bloke???

<deleted>.

Get it right Terry..........she told him that she was 19..........Get it right Terry !

• Like 2

In a case like this, is the accused held on remand or given bail?

If convicted, would he be deported (after serving time in Thailand) and, if so, would he face charges in the US?

is the accused held on remand or given bail?

It depends on:

1. who he knows
  2. how much money he has
  3. how gung-ho the Police/Prosecutors are feeling
  4. how "helpful" the US Embassy is feeling at that time, likely not very

If convicted, would he be deported (after serving time in Thailand)?

It depends on:

1. who he knows
  2. how much money he has
  3. how gung-ho the Police/Prosecutors are feeling
  4. how "helpful" the US Embassy is feeling at that time, likely not very

if so, would he face charges in the US?

Quite likely if they deem it serious enough.

I am normally quite sceptical of the police and to be honest I think they are probably the most incompetent and corrupt bunch i've ever heard of but on this occasion it seems they might of done some good work.

The fact that they seemed to put out a girl who could look older makes me suspicious but I suppose the only reason why they would of set this up is if the guy is a repeat offender.

The only reason? Apparently you have not been long in Thailand if at all.

Yes mate and renteln has obviously never heard of "tea money"

Edited by oldsailor35

As long as Pattaya see's sex as a growth industry, this will continue. Sad!

I would imagine that it would cease to be a growth industry about the same time police begin entrapping men with women that look older than they really are, and who lie about their age. Men enjoy a little fun every now and again, not everyone can or wants to take the time to pick a girl up in a club. prostituin is illegal but ignored in Pattaya, this was not an exception but the norm of activities in the city, a man and a woman doung what they need to do to get by and be happy.

when the Filipinos started killing foreigners in their Pattaya, Angeles City, over cell phones and a few thousand pesos, and the police started arresting people drinking inside gogos for takingmpart in prostitution, the industry certainly halted its' growth there too.

having his photo plastered through the paper after such a serious accusation is shameful for him, and the case should be battled in court prior to shaming the man.

Good or bad, it was a low blow.

If it's a setup then that would make me respect the police work even more.

Setup or not, a 13 year old in broad morning daylight and wanting to have sex with her is a very lock-uppable offense no matter what the circumstances.

(Yes I'd take a more sympathetic view if it was a dolled up 15 year old at 3am at some disco.)

So 4 am is broad daylight in your part of Thailand ?

Did you look at the picture of the girl in the article? She's as tall as the officers surrounding her.

I smell a rat.

She's actually shorter than all of the men in that first photograph. I smell something.

What's wrong with a set-up of this type if that's the case?

If indeed it was a setup, and they were actually trying to serve the greater good and take a paedohile off the streets, then wouldn't it have made more sense for the girl to have told this alleged paedophile her real age and not lied and told him she was 19????

I would have thought a paedophile would ONLY be interested in someone YOUNGER than 19, no?

Seems you have tough time keeping up with the news in a country where this forum is located

??????????????????????

Jeez mate, pull up your big girl panties and get back on track.

Its not about me, it ain't about you.

Its about some bloke caught with an underage girl (allegedly).

He may or may not be guilty of anything.....but he may pay the consequences either way. Loss of job perhaps regardless of the court outcome.

Edited by Mudcrab
  • Like 1

SCAM SCAM SCAM ! !

Poor Guy . ., He should check ID card . . if she look young and "working" on beach rd she is of course below legal age limits ., he should know better as he was an expat here and not tourist . .

If he did like teen looking girls he could easy get a girl 18-19 and no trouble . . Now he learn the hard way. Going to be expensive for him .

Edited by oMega69
  • Like 1

It's amazing how many of you all have rushed to judge and convict this guy and accuse him of being a paedophile.

There is absolutely NO evidence that he was out looking for an underage girl, and indeed when he asked her age she apparently lied to him and told him she was 19 years old. On the basis that she told him she was 19, and THEN he took her to a room, I would suggest that he is NOT a paedophile at all, merely a guy out looking for some fun that got "stung" unfairly.

Having said all of that, I have no sympathy for any "real" paedophiles whatsoever. If they are caught abusing underage children they should be castrated.

EDIT:

As an aside, the Police in this instance behaved extremely badly (par for the course I guess). If they truly thought the girl was in danger they should have acted immediately and taken her to safety or her family, not waited until she was undressed in a hotel room with someone.

I take it back . . . I'm not amazed . . . the posts shown here today on the whole are typical of the cynical, judgemental, holier-than-thou, I'm better than you and I'm never wrong, old fart TV brigade who I am sure have never, ever taken ANY pure, virginal, innocent Thai girl to a hotel room.

So you are the only one here who could possibly be correct, congratulations.

??????????????????????

Jeez mate, pull up your big girl panties and get back on track.

Its not about me, it ain't about you.

Its about some bloke caught with an underage girl (allegedly).

He may or may not be guilty of anything.....but he may pay the consequences either way. Loss of job perhaps regardless of the court outcome.

i am glad you have dropped the "pedophile line"

A Paedophile is a paedophile is a paedophile!

People trying to make excuses for this behaviour because she probably approached him, and she lied about her age and he may not have known her true age are pathetic.

If you are not a paedophile you do not proposition a girl without ensuring she is of legal age especially when the majority of asian girls look younger than what they are.

If you are not sure of her age, but you are certain you are not a paedophile, then you walk away.

I doubt very much that the girl was pre-pubescent, so it's hardly paedophilia.

So if the a girl is not pre-pubescent it's ok to have sex with her? Clearly you need treatment.

He was quite happy to have sex a 13 yo CHILD.

He is a nice bloke???

<deleted>.

Get it right Terry..........she told him that she was 19..........Get it right Terry !

Thats what he said, oldsailor.... get it right oldsailor!

The girl wet willingly with the farang and she lied about age and now HE is guilty of a crime ??? so sad to see Thailand adopted the bad ways of the west, poor guy I hope he will be ok. Sadly I doubt so, another victim of the bib mafia :(

• Like 1

You mean ID card, have to be 15 for one of these, if no card, then they are underage. Anyway, what 13 year old Thai girl would be carrying a passport?

No, they don't have to be 15 for an ID card. My son has one, as do many of his schoolfriends, he's 12.

Yes, but maybe it isn't compulsary until the age of 15. I just remember a boy who was nearly 15 and his mother said he would then have to get an ID card.

I have a question about all these busts that have currently been in the news, slightly off topic. Has the BIB been told to clamp down on these kinds of activities, from above? Before anyone starts saying that I am condoning illegal activities, such as prostitution and pedophilia, I AM NOT. It just seems there is a lot of activity, at the mo, in the media.