True Epl Coverage

binnsy

Are you cancelling TrueVisions?  

173 members have voted

1. 1. Are you going to cancel True due to them not getting the EPL?

• Yes. Have already or will be cancelling my True subscription.
    • No. I will keep it but may also change my viewing package.
    • Never had True Sports package

This poll is closed to new votes

Pat I think it is being run by farangs. When I contacted the Help desk I was without doubt replied to by a farang.

I think this is the same people that have thaiexpat.tv, Rick.

I'm all in now. There is a lot of buffering, although it does say they are undergoing maintenance right now. I assume it is usually much better...

What I found bizarre is there is no 'stop' button available when watching a channel? The only way I could turn it off was by clicking on the very top right which takes you out of the programme completely, or if you want to watch another channel then click on that then it will over-ride the channel that you was previously watching. Have I missed something? Why no stop button?

Oh, no US Open Tennis? That suprised me..

That's strange. There is no noticeable buffering for me on 365Sport and there are stop/start/RW/FF/pause controls below the screen.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pat I think it is being run by farangs. When I contacted the Help desk I was without doubt replied to by a farang.

I'm all in now. There is a lot of buffering, although it does say they are undergoing maintenance right now. I assume it is usually much better...

What I found bizarre is there is no 'stop' button available when watching a channel? The only way I could turn it off was by clicking on the very top right which takes you out of the programme completely, or if you want to watch another channel then click on that then it will over-ride the channel that you was previously watching. Have I missed something? Why no stop button?

That's strange. There is no noticeable buffering for me on 365Sport and there are stop/start/RW/FF/pause controls below the screen.

But surely you must have what I'm looking at...from left to right I have 5 mins back - 1 mins back - toogle, pause, play - 1 mi forward - 5 min forward - toogle fullscreen.......nothing there that say STOP.

Also, how do you watch this live, or can you not? Example, if a show starts at 1.30 and it is say 1.40 when you click on the programme it starts at 1.30?

Still bemused why no US Tennis, surely Astro must be covering that?

Overall, I am not too impressed so far.

It's an awesome programme 365sport. I was in a dilemma about what to do for UCL. This solves the problem in one fell swoop. Plus I wanna follow Bale's progress and the on demand service is great to catch up with La Liga, not to mention other euro footy. Also looks like I don't have to worry about who getsHD rights for World Cup with this service.

Pat. When the programme opens you have the 5 channels on the right hand side. You must 'right' click to watch 'Live'. Anything from the TV guide is from the On demand service. You should make sure any other programmes are closed that require access to your bandwidth. I had issues with buffering. This was caused by Utorrent being open. Close this programme and you should be fine. I've not tested it, but I'd recommend that you use cable for this service and not a wifi connection.

It's an awesome programme 365sport. I was in a dilemma about what to do for UCL. This solves the problem in one fell swoop. Plus I wanna follow Bale's progress and the on demand service is great to catch up with La Liga, not to mention other euro footy. Also looks like I don't have to worry about who getsHD rights for World Cup with this service.

Pat. When the programme opens you have the 5 channels on the right hand side. You must 'right' click to watch 'Live'. Anything from the TV guide is from the On demand service. You should make sure any other programmes are closed that require access to your bandwidth. I had issues with buffering. This was caused by Utorrent being open. Close this programme and you should be fine. I've not tested it, but I'd recommend that you use cable for this service and not a wifi connection.

I have said before on here that you can watch UCL on ITV.

I did have utorrent open as it happens but having closed it it makes no difference, buffering all over the place still.

I have a 10mb line which should be enough, I use wirless and will not be changing that just for this.

So Astro don't have the US Open then?

I still can't figure out why I have no STOP button and when I click to get full screen mode after a few seconds it then reverts back to the original size screen.

Don't think I'll be paying for this.

But surely you must have what I'm looking at...from left to right I have 5 mins back - 1 mins back - toogle, pause, play - 1 mi forward - 5 min forward - toogle fullscreen.......nothing there that say STOP.

Also, how do you watch this live, or can you not? Example, if a show starts at 1.30 and it is say 1.40 when you click on the programme it starts at 1.30?

Still bemused why no US Tennis, surely Astro must be covering that?

Overall, I am not too impressed so far.

Well theres a surprise biggrin.png

• Like 1

@Conn

I did did find that mildy amusing. The thing is buffering all over the place, there is no stop button and the big screen keeps reverting back to the small screen. So what do you want me to say, that it's all good? You may be a happy clapper and very easily pleased, but I'm not. I'm sorry if that offends you.

I have recommended uk-tv.asia to many people because it is very good and I sent them an email thanking them for their service - credit where credit is due. But my view so far with 365 is that it's rubbish.

Right now, I can't even get on to their website..

Postman Pat

Edited by Pattaya Pat

@Conn

I did did find that mildy amusing. The thing is buffering all over the place, there is no stop button and the big screen keeps reverting back to the small screen. So what do you want me to say, that it's all good? You may be a happy clapper and very easily pleased, but I'm not. I'm sorry if that offends you.

I have recommended uk-tv.asia to many people because it is very good and I sent them an email thanking them for their service - credit where credit is due. But my view so far with 365 is that it's rubbish.

Right now, I can't even get on to their website..

Postman Pat

All jokes aside PP, i find UK-TV to be superb and use every night, Thai expat tv to be slow and takes time to buffer and when i tried to download 365 on my laptop it came up with an error message which put me off using it !

• Like 1

Could well be Internet connection Pat. Restart the player after closing Utorrent. Are you using wifi? This could be the problem. Is it your own private line? If a shared condo ADSL line then they could be throttling your speed. Or it could be shared with a fair few people. Again this would affect your bandwidth. From my understanding you need the bandwidth solely dedicated to this service to avoid problems like the I one you described.

UKTV Asia is good. However no guarantee they will continue free service. Why would they? Plus itv only show one game on a Tuesday. So what If I don't want to watch that one? Where else can I watch La liga, live or on demand?

Could well be Internet connection Pat. Restart the player after closing Utorrent. Are you using wifi? This could be the problem. Is it your own private line? If a shared condo ADSL line then they could be throttling your speed. Or it could be shared with a fair few people. Again this would affect your bandwidth. From my understanding you need the bandwidth solely dedicated to this service to avoid problems like the I one you described.

UKTV Asia is good. However no guarantee they will continue free service. Why would they? Plus itv only show one game on a Tuesday. So what If I don't want to watch that one? Where else can I watch La liga, live or on demand?

Yes, i did restart it but the same. I live in a house so have a dedicated 10mb line, wireless, it is fine with uk-tv so should be fine with this too.

Don't get me wrong, their content is good, but not so if you can't watch it properly. Let's see if it gets better.

And like I say, niggly things like no stop button and the when clicking for big screen it reverts back to small screen again.

Btw, the England game is on ITV on Friday, hopefully Ukraine will be too.

Yes, i did restart it but the same. I live in a house so have a dedicated 10mb line, wireless, it is fine with uk-tv so should be fine with this too.

Don't get me wrong, their content is good, but not so if you can't watch it properly. Let's see if it gets better.

And like I say, niggly things like no stop button and the when clicking for big screen it reverts back to small screen again.

Yep Ukraine is on and utd v bayer lev, thats obviously Man Utd and not West ham Utd biggrin.png

Yep Ukraine is on and utd v bayer lev, thats obviously Man Utd and not West ham Utd biggrin.png

That's good. I don't watch the CL until the knock out stages.

It's now telling me my user account is invalid even though I only signed up to the trial today.

Rubbish.

Pat, their customer service is really good. Email them: [email protected] advise them of your issues. You should get a reply back in about an hour. Be sure to include all details of how you're operating their service, what device, operating system, maybe include a screen shot of the speed test of wifi etc....
  • Like 1

Pat I had the same problems as you at first, so I mailed them and they sent me a link for upgraded software and this now works. There is no stop button but there is a pause button in the middle at the bottom. The 2 vertical line symbol. If any problems always restart the software as BB says. Mine is streaming fine now, so considering the pay monthly option. I think its early days and things will improve,

Pat I had the same problems as you at first, so I mailed them and they sent me a link for upgraded software and this now works. There is no stop button but there is a pause button in the middle at the bottom. The 2 vertical line symbol. If any problems always restart the software as BB says. Mine is streaming fine now, so considering the pay monthly option. I think its early days and things will improve,

I have now plugged it into the tv and it is working fine now, don't know if that was the reason or if purely a coincedence. Will see tomorrow.

If this works fine I will probably go for it just for the hell of it, although I am pretty much covered with CTH and uk-tv...I don't watch foreign leagues and not much UCL. Would be great if they have the Ashes in the winter though.

Worth noting that the pause button will resume from that point when you play again in 'live' mode. To go back to live you must right click on the channel logo again.

Yep, that's right. And that is how you would want it to be too. Still find it odd that there is no stop button, but no biggie of course...

Worth noting that the pause button will resume from that point when you play again in 'live' mode. To go back to live you must right click on the channel logo again.

Yep, that's right. And that is how you would want it to be too. Still find it odd that there is no stop button, but no biggie of course...

Sounds like your happy today PP 113.gif

• Like 1

Sounds like your happy today PP 113.gif

Oh no, I'm being physco analyzed by a stranger on the internet.

You're bit of a knob aren't you....are you Alfie the real estate guy?

Sounds like your happy today PP Posted Image

Oh no, I'm being physco analyzed by a stranger on the internet.

You're bit of a knob aren't you....are you Alfie the real estate guy?

Watch your words you might get bubbled up to the Demi mods.

Nah, we don't play by the rules on this thread...this is where the street wise people of Thai Visa hang, real football men, no noodle eating nerds around here...besides, Alfie and I just have a friendly 'rivalry'

Anyway, to update, 365 much better now for some reason...when watching a chat show or the like it is fine, but when watching a game it's like it's being played in slow motion, it's the same with uk-tv but uk-tv is slightly better I'd say....I'm still on the fence on whether or not to take a subscription...

Nah, we don't play by the rules on this thread...this is where the street wise people of Thai Visa hang, real football men, no noodle eating nerds around here...besides, Alfie and I just have a friendly 'rivalry'

Anyway, to update, 365 much better now for some reason...when watching a chat show or the like it is fine, but when watching a game it's like it's being played in slow motion, it's the same with uk-tv but uk-tv is slightly better I'd say....I'm still on the fence on whether or not to take a subscription...

There is something wrong there Pat, mine streams perfectly on both. Something worth considering is how often do you maintain your computer? it might be a good idea to run something like 'windows advanced care' to get it in top condition and get rid of any malware. This is a free program and easy to use, I have been using it for years. Maybe you will see an improvement.

http://download.cnet.com/Advanced-SystemCare/3000-2086_4-10407614.html

There is something wrong there Pat, mine streams perfectly on both. Something worth considering is how often do you maintain your computer? it might be a good idea to run something like 'windows advanced care' to get it in top condition and get rid of any malware. This is a free program and easy to use, I have been using it for years. Maybe you will see an improvement.

Ok, thanks. Not too bad for the football today.

As you predicted I've had the email offering me 1 yr for 3999 got until end of month to make a call.

As you predicted I've had the email offering me 1 yr for 3999 got until end of month to make a call.

Good to hear that Pat. I am leaning towards the discounted package myself because I like that fact that it can be watched anywhere. I travel a lot.

Good to hear that Pat. I am leaning towards the discounted package myself because I like that fact that it can be watched anywhere. I travel a lot.

?? I read that it can only be watched in Thailand?

I have just mailed support to ask if it can be watched outside. I will post the answer. Given that it is accessed by Internet I don't see why not, as I can get Thai Visa, Expat TV and other Thai sites from China.

Ok, but I do remember reading that the system only works using a Thai IP.

I emailed them over an hour ago on another matter but no reply as yet.