When Will You Call Thailand Your Home?

up2you2

Thailand the country is like the Thai girls on the game, it is only yours as long as the cash flows, and even then it can be revoked at any time. I feel at home in Thailand but the visa regime and bureaucratic hurdles do become tiresome, perhaps deliberately, you may feel you are part of the place but no one else around you does.

In fact it is amazing that behaviour reported by some posts that would be condemned most anywhere is regarded here as normal and acceptable, toughen up and get used to, you deserved it the replies say. Seems to me that many people are justifying obnoxious and even phychopathic behaviour by the locals as a way of justifying their decision to move here. Why they can't just accept that everyehere has its good and bad points I don't understand, this is not Nirvana, it has good things plus a lot of warts that go hand in hand.

I agree with most of what you say but your lead line is " like the Thai girls on the game, it is only yours as long as the cash flows." Now have you ever told the tax man in a Western country that you don't have the money to pay the bill? They do still have debtors prisons don't they?

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to apply for Thai Citizenship soon but even when I get it, my first home will be Scotland. Thailand is my second home.

Then again when back in Scotland last year, I told everyone I was looking forward to going home to Thailand. Here is my wife and childrens' home as they were born here, so I guess it's mine too.

Why can't a person have SEVERAL homes in various countries? Why limit yourself? Rent is often cheaper than owning something. Actually owning property does not make a country any more pleasurable, unless you just like showing off what you own. Calling Thailand "home" means you love the country. If you didn't then you would choose somewhere else. And, if you can't afford to choose somewhere else then that is a problem brought on by your own poor planning.

Most people in the world can’t choose at all and this has nothing to do with poor planning.

And all with the social environment where people been born and live.